Fruits price? rice? B12? sugar? veggies?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by avalon »

There's a lot going on here.
Because fish contain nutrients we need, and algae don't. Besides, it tastes much better :wink:

Fish contain the nutrients we need because they eat the algae first. Honestly, what is the harm in eating the algae? And who are you going to believe? Did you know some believe we don't even have to eat the fish to be healthy? :shock:

We are so close to being Monkeys, who's to say some vegetation is bad? I don't suffer from gas. Maybe there is a transition period- as with many things where the body adjusts. We are living miracles. If you're body isn't used to eating salads it's most likely going to react at first. But I do believe things change. I don't have a big stomach.

John's eating organic and that's better than not, but our foods are not what they used to be. Have you seen the size of our produce lately? It's like mutant apples everywhere. I'm shocked how BIG some fruits look. And I don't believe these carry what they used to. This is a valid concern. And organic is costly!

Even our eggs, if not shopped properly suffer from this concern. Pale yellow to a bright sunny gold.

Sincerely,
Avalon :D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:what is the harm in eating the algae?
Its about B12.
You need it.
I'm shocked how BIG some fruits look. And I don't believe these carry what they used to
The issue is whether they supply us with everything we need.
These fruits get analysed. Thats how we can say that we can easily get all our nutrients from fruits and fish/yolks combined.
avalon

Post by avalon »

RRM Wrote:
The issue is whether they supply us with everything we need.
These fruits get analysed. Thats how we can say that we can easily get all our nutrients from fruits and fish/yolks combined.
So can you show a screen shot please of a daily example of your diet via CRON-o-Meter? Showing how you meet all your daily requirements? Or, something close to an ideal as that is what we all hope for? I would really like to see, because I am having trouble with it.

Avalon
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:can you show a screen shot please of a daily example of your diet via CRON-o-Meter?
What is that?
I would really like to see, because I am having trouble with it.
What is so hard about using the nutrient calculator?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Can you then, show a screen shot of 'your' nutrient calculator so we can see a typical days nutrition for you?

Cron-o-meter has a wider list of foods than yours and is graphical.

http://spaz.ca/cronometer/
avalon

Post by avalon »

So here are three sample shots. When I did Wai I didn't do the orange juice and oil, but what do you feel about this sample diet?

Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's a cute program. :)

Your diet looks good to me. It's leaning more towards fat than carb intake, which is a personal preference. The seeds for munchies, I guess.

With cooked foods it's not that reliable regarding the micronutrients, btw.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:Can you then, show a screen shot of 'your' nutrient calculator so we can see a typical days nutrition for you?
Just submit 2 bananas, 1 avocado, 4500 ml OJ and 160 g. tuna (I split that over 2 meals) to the nutrient calculator
http://www.waidiet.com/nutrients/waicalcsimple.html
... and there you have your screenshots
fictor

Post by fictor »

Only 160g tuna, RRM? I thought you had 'upgraded' your animal food intake to something like 200-250 grams a day?
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Here is what i eat everyday:
6 bananas
1 tomato
1 orange juice
some bread with jam the morning, with a coffee (munch food)
2 chocolate squares
1 kiwi
2 egg yolk (raw), i may add more soon
2 avocados
1 peach or 2 clementines
1 apple
i am still thinking about my protein sources, so until i decide precisely, i take once a week salmon and the other days 1 small chopped steak.

Is that correct except for the steak? Do you advise me to add 1 or 2 tablespoons per day of Olive oil?

PS: No relation but what do you recommend to someone who has fruits/vegs intolerence?
avalon

Post by avalon »

RRM,

According to CRON you're Zinc 60%, vitamin K 7%, D 0% and B12 at 35%, I know how you feel about calcium... But are the others unimportant as listed? I guess leaving D to sunlight, how do you feel about the rest? There have been recent reports that low B12 can be associated with brain shrinkage?? Ideas on this also?

Thanx,
Avalon
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:Only 160g tuna, RRM? I thought you had 'upgraded' your animal food intake to something like 200-250 grams a day?
Yes, but after a few weeks my tolerance went down, i suspect due to saturation (blood protein level going up).
I think that my blood protein level was relatively low, giving way for the increase in protein consumption. Now it got stuck on this level, which is fine for me as it does the trick equally well. Obviously the 133 gram was my minimum safe level and now i need to experiment with maximum levels, which will vary depending on the blood protein level.
Hmm i should post this in that other thread.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:RRM,

According to CRON you're Zinc 60%, vitamin K 7%, D 0% and B12 at 35%,
The body very effectively adapts uptake ratio's to the availability, particularly regarding zinc, iron, calcium etc.
The advised numbers are based on high saturation, ('safe') low uptake ratios.
In many foods vitamin K levels are unknown (and hence not calculated).
What makes you think there is no vitamin D in tuna????
Regarding B12 it is very well known that in practise one needs very little. Vegans can even survive by ingesting tiny amounts from poorly washed vegetables (containing feces from insects, fro example)
are the others unimportant as listed?
Not at all.
What is important is:
what is the actual uptake ratio?
How much do we need exactly, given high uptake ratio's (stepping aside from recommendations)
There have been recent reports that low B12 can be associated with brain shrinkage?? Ideas on this also?
Do you think my blood-B12 level is low?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

RRM wrote:
avalon wrote:There have been recent reports that low B12 can be associated with brain shrinkage?? Ideas on this also?
Do you think my blood-B12 level is low?
A fancy way to suggest someone is stupid...I like it. ;D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

yes...
"Ehrm, sir? Can I ask you what your B12 level is?"
very subtle indeed... ;D