Fruits price? rice? B12? sugar? veggies?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote: For health, what would it be? High fat contents mean "trans fat" in munch food.
The same; fat in munch foods is not necessarily trans fat,
depending on what kind of fat is used.
-Still regarding only health: organic raw butter as a munch? "Very good"?
Yes.
-Again about health: If I can find only pasteurized eggs (and not organics), should I stop or continue to take them?
Then you should buy the non-pasteurized, non-organic ones.

Except freezing, are there some other treatments I may not know about, that some supermarkets do on fish?
Sure; all kinds of cooking, steaming, smoking etc.
-Between instant coffee and regular coffee, if you must pick one, which?
regular
-When I eat a lot of bananas, my stomach feels not good, is it because of the fibers inside?
Probably due to poor (forced) ripening, which makes the banana much harder to digest properly.
RRM, are the fruits you buy organics?
Sometimes, but i peel all fruits though.
-The minerals iodine/iodide, can you stock it in the body?
No.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:fat in munch foods is not necessarily trans fat,
depending on what kind of fat is used.
But Oscar earlier said:
Basically every heated fat or oil will contain trans-fats
All munch food will contain heated fat or oil. So somewhere trans-fat.

-What is the fruit which may contain the less pesticides and stuff like this (if there is one)? Is the banana is more protected than, let's say, an apple because her large skin?

-You cited earlier starch as bad in bread, what is bad in starch? Bananas do contain starch, right? Which difference with the ones found in bread?

-Tap water can give acne, so for washing the face you recommend Volvic but so what do you advice for washing body? Will it give acne if washed with tap water?

-Is it true that high glucose meals produces more sebum?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote: All munch food will contain heated fat or oil. So somewhere trans-fat.
Its actually a bit more complicated,
as also the kind of fat, and the intensity of the heat plays a big role.
-What is the fruit which may contain the less pesticides and stuff
Organic, with a big peel that you need to peel off prior to consumption.
Is the banana is more protected than, let's say, an apple because her large skin?
Yes, but on the other hand,
they spray more on bananas....
You cited earlier starch as bad in bread, what is bad in starch? Bananas do contain starch, right? Which difference with the ones found in bread?
In bananas only 14% of the carbs is starch,
which % decreases with ripening (when its mushy, its almost solely simple sugars).
In unpolished rice (98%),
whole grain wheat (95%)
bread rolls (81%)
Bread Graham (98%)
Rye bread (88%)
and wheat flour bread (81%)
this is substantially more...
-Tap water can give acne, so for washing the face you recommend Volvic but so what do you advice for washing body? Will it give acne if washed with tap water?
The skin on your face is much more prone to dehydration
than the skin on your body,
so dont worry.
-Is it true that high glucose meals produces more sebum?
No, meals that stimulate insulin secretion stimulate sebum production.
So, you need to consume small meals very frequently.
(and protein stimulates insulin secretion as much as carbs do).
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:
Rivera wrote: All munch food will contain heated fat or oil. So somewhere trans-fat.
Its actually a bit more complicated,
as also the kind of fat, and the intensity of the heat plays a big role.
Yes but all the processed munch foods you can buy in supermarket, you cannot know exactly how much it was heated?
Let's take "clean" chocolate (not the fancy ones) where they indicate the cacao content. It's full of fat, but how much was it heated?
whole grain wheat (95%)
bread rolls (81%)
Bread Graham (98%)
Rye bread (88%)
If you had to make a list of these of the most-ok-as-a-munch-food to the worst, would you do it on the base of starch content? Between rice, bread, macaronis and spaghettis, what would the rank and why?
No, meals that stimulate insulin secretion stimulate sebum production.
So, you need to consume small meals very frequently.
(and protein stimulates insulin secretion as much as carbs do).
And is it true that basic shampoos make the scalp produce more sebum?

-Heterocyclic amines originate when food is frozen, so would you consider frozen raw salmon bad for health on the long term?

-The salmon I buy in supermaket can be kept 5 days maxi, isn't too long? Would it mean it went under some process?

-Is it true that against supplements, your small intestine forms defenses (biofilm) against the absorption of these ingredients? Is there any research on this?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote: Yes but all the processed munch foods you can buy in supermarket, you cannot know exactly how much it was heated?
No, but you can check whether they contain hydrogenated plant fats,
baking shortenings or margarine. (which contain most trans fats)
Instead, chose products made with real butter, lard or palm oil.
is it true that basic shampoos make the scalp produce more sebum?
Yes, they make the scalp too dry.
You can counteract that by applying oil to the skin after washing.
-Heterocyclic amines originate when food is frozen
No, that was our mistake.
Only when food is heated.
-The salmon I buy in supermaket can be kept 5 days maxi, isn't too long?
Its probably no sushi-grade salmon;
meant for cooking etc.
-Is it true that against supplements, your small intestine forms defenses (biofilm) against the absorption of these ingredients?
I dont know...
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:No, but you can check whether they contain hydrogenated plant fats, baking shortenings or margarine. (which contain most trans fats)
Instead, chose products made with real butter, lard or palm oil.
Pretty hard, unconvenient and expensive though.
Yes, they make the scalp too dry.
You can counteract that by applying oil to the skin after washing.
How can you apply oil on your skin (so scalp in this case) without making your hair greasy? Your hair will automatically be full of oil?
-Heterocyclic amines originate when food is frozen
No, that was our mistake.
Only when food is heated.
Huh? I missed something? So why is it still in the book?
So except acne, frozen salmon is perfectly safe?
meant for cooking etc.
No, they say clearly it's for consuming raw.

From Wai's book:
Because many fibers are rough and can damage your bowels, your body wants to get rid of these indigestible substances as soon as possible. That is why whole wheat bread can be less constipating than white bread; both contain opioid peptides that anesthetize your bowels, but whole wheat bread contains twice as much fiber. This extra fiber urges the bowels to get rid of their contents.
Opioid peptides anesthetize the bowels; so the bowels are like "sleeping"? So they don't work during a while? I don't understand what it means and what happens exactly?
And if extra fiber urges the bowels to get rid of their contents, isn't it better than other constipating foods? Because you got to go to the toilet and if that extra fiber urges the bowels it means they don't have time to act baldy (regarding your health)?
Is there a source for this, that bowels try to get rid of extra fibers from whole wheat bread?

You missed this one:
whole grain wheat (95%)
bread rolls (81%)
Bread Graham (98%)
Rye bread (88%)
If you had to make a list of these of the most-ok-as-a-munch-food to the worst, would you do it on the base of starch content? Between rice, bread, macaronis and spaghettis, what would the rank and why?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote: Pretty hard, unconvenient and expensive though.
Expensive, yes.
Hard? Just check out the labels.
Inconvenient? Its for the sake of your health...
How can you apply oil on your skin (so scalp in this case) without making your hair greasy? Your hair will automatically be full of oil?
I always do that.
You just need to use fingertips of oil, directly applied to the scalp.
Comb your hair before you apply the oil.
It works like a charm.
So why is it still in the book?
because that has not been corrected yet.
So except acne, frozen salmon is perfectly safe?
Frozen salmon is perfectly okay, also for acne.
meant for cooking etc.
No, they say clearly it's for consuming raw.
Thats great, than its the best quality.
Then 5 days is not too much (as it was frozen immediately after killing)
Opioid peptides anesthetize the bowels; so the bowels are like "sleeping"? So they don't work during a while?
They work slower.
More shit in the bowels.
(Pardon my english)
And if extra fiber urges the bowels to get rid of their contents, isn't it better than other constipating foods?
Its like driving a car, and you have 2 girlfriends (so far for the good part)
you are heading for an intersection and one of them says: "turn left" (sleep),
and the other one says: "turn right" (empty bowels).
So, you crash (cramps, bloating).
Because you got to go to the toilet and if that extra fiber urges the bowels it means they don't have time to act baldy (regarding your health)?
Because of the constipating effect, everything stays in your bowels longer.
Because of the fiber, they get stimulated anyway.
Is there a source for this, that bowels try to get rid of extra fibers from whole wheat bread?
you want a source for the stimulating effect of fiber???
Not much difference regarding starch.
(Polished) Rice and rye bread the least bad, because of no (wheat) opioid peptides.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:Expensive, yes.
Hard? Just check out the labels.
Cocoa butter in chocolate instead of vegetable oil, a must? Is it good anyway?
I always do that.
It works like a charm.
Your pillow is ok? No oil on it?
lol I should have asked: why hasn't it been corrected yet?
Yes? A study, a research, something for proving it? You say extra fibers from wheat bread urge bowels to get rid of them, it's just a guess from you or some studies demonstrate it? You know it's like when people say fibers are good for health: Is there something to support this? Here the same.
Not much difference regarding starch.
(Polished) Rice and rye bread the least bad, because of no (wheat) opioid peptides.
I know that opioid peptides are bad but when we talk about this it doesn't seem sooo bad because you cannot see major sickness or problem caused by this. Diabetes seems worse to me (maybe I'm wrong though).
So for you, when eating rice/spaghetti/bread, low fiber content and no opioid peptides are better than lower insulin response (even if 12%, it's still lower) and better nutritional quality?

About insulin response, let's take you as an example because you know your body well: In your case, how much gram of white rice, white bread and "white" spaghettis (not taken as the same moment of course) are safe before too high insulin spike?

-In the nutrient calculator, it is said that "banana musa X paradisiaca " contains no iodide but the "banana musa sapientum/musa X paradisiaca" does; so for the banana I buy, how can I recognize if the one I buy does have iodide? Same question with avocado (for the vitamin K and Beta-carotene) "persea americana" and "persea gratissima"
Fruits however mostly are to be pealed before consumption, removing pesticides / herbicides almost entirely.

Is there study for this claim? I insist on the "almost entirely", not just the fact that some pesticides are surely removed when peeled.

-Do organic vegetables contains nitrate too?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote: Cocoa butter in chocolate instead of vegetable oil, a must? Is it good anyway?
Regarding trans fats?
Yes, a must.
Good?
I dont know, i dont eat chocolate,
but i imagine it tastes better.
I always do that.
It works like a charm.
Your pillow is ok? No oil on it?
No, nothing.
I guess the oil is absorbed by the skin and hair,
which prevents it from becoming too dry.
Because we havent corrected it yet. ;D
Yes? A study, a research, something for proving it?
There are for example lots of studies about irritable bowel syndrome,
and that insoluble fiber worsens abdominal discomfort.

So for you, when eating rice/spaghetti/bread, low fiber content and no opioid peptides are better than lower insulin response (even if 12%, it's still lower) and better nutritional quality?
No, to me they are not much different.
About insulin response, let's take you as an example because you know your body well: In your case, how much gram of white rice, white bread and "white" spaghettis (not taken as the same moment of course) are safe before too high insulin spike?
No, im a bad example, as i dont know my body's response to rice, bread etc.
-In the nutrient calculator, it is said that "banana musa X paradisiaca " contains no iodide but the "banana musa sapientum/musa X paradisiaca" does; so for the banana I buy, how can I recognize if the one I buy does have iodide? Same question with avocado (for the vitamin K and Beta-carotene) "persea americana" and "persea gratissima"
Dont worry about these details; they are not important.
Just consume different fruits and animal food, and you will be fine.
-Do organic vegetables contains nitrate too?
I didnt come across any data regarding this.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:Regarding trans fats?
Yes, a must.
Good?
I mean good for health, not good taste. Is it better than vegetable oil for example?

Between some "evils": cooked meat (using coconuts oil), starch-grain bread, rice, spaghetti (using coconuts oil) and processed chocolate (cocoa butter), what would be the most acceptable to the worst regarding health?
The problem is that with chocolate, I can't know how much it was heated. Do you have any idea on this?
So what would be worse: heterocyclic amines from meat or toxins from chocolate or starches/gluten/fiber/insulin response from rice/bread (although chocolate may trigger insulin too)?
I was looking for a: "Because we forgot"... :arrow:
Did you come across some studies talking about this: usually from around how much grams of rice/bread/spaghetti, insulin response start to be high? Or do you have any idea on this?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote:
RRM wrote:Regarding trans fats?
Yes, a must.
Good?
I mean good for health, not good taste. Is it better than vegetable oil for example?
My first 2 lines were about health (trans fats).
Regarding good health its a must.
The problem is that with chocolate, I can't know how much it was heated.
Regarding chocolate, the source of fat (trans fats, or not) is most important.
So what would be worse: heterocyclic amines from meat or toxins from chocolate or starches/gluten/fiber/insulin response from rice/bread
The starches/gluten/fiber are the least bad.
If there are no transfats (but real butter, lard or palm oil instead) in the chocolate,
that one is not so bad either.
The HCAs from heated meat are the worst, but transfats are bad as well, naturally.
(although chocolate may trigger insulin too)?
the insulin response not so much depends on the foods,
as it depends on the size of the meal.
You can perfectly eat chocolate (or any other food) without triggering insulin too much.
It depends on how much you eat.
The problem with foods like pizza, pasta etc, is that you generally dont just eat a few bites of it.
These meals are generally much bigger.
I was looking for a: "Because we forgot"... :arrow:
Ah, i understand. ;D
Did you come across some studies talking about this: usually from around how much grams of rice/bread/spaghetti, insulin response start to be high? Or do you have any idea on this?
They dont do these kind of studies.
They compare the insulin response of foods per unity consumed.
I know, its not really smart, giving that its the size of the meal that makes all the difference.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

-What do you think about gluten? Is that true that gluten slows down sugar absorption?
I saw spaghetti gluten-free and wheat-free, what do you think about these? Regarding insulin and health, it is better with or without?

-The GI is a measure of the effects of carbohydrates on blood sugar levels, but a measure before insulin makes her work or during it?

-About insulin secretion: the food which has a low GI but causes high insulin secretion is always processed or "unatural" (or even just cooked)?
Or there is untreated and natural food which can cause this?
Do you think whole rice/spaghetti/bread can cause high insulin secretion even if their GI says they shouldn't?

-Is the sugar content in organic whole spaghetti and made-home whole bread conparable?
For 100gr of spaghetti: 73gr (carbs) and 100gr of whole bread: 62gr
So if the fat content is the same, theoretically the spaghetti should have the worst effect on blood sugar?

-Same question with junk food (I know fat content is important too but let's ignore it a moment): Always looking for the lower sugar content would, theoretically, have less effect on insulin?

-I was curious to know how much teaspoons of oil equals a fried chicken? (Just one portion, not the whole chicken). It must be so much?
And if one teaspoon of olive oil contains 4.55gr of fat; does it mean that 100gr of chocolate with 40gr of fat equal around 9 teaspoons?? Isn't too much?
When we eat our home-made munch food, would you recommend that much in cold pressed olive oil for feel satisfied more quickly?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote:-What do you think about gluten?
Gluten contain opioid peptides.
Is that true that gluten slows down sugar absorption?
I dont know.
I saw spaghetti gluten-free and wheat-free, what do you think about these? Regarding insulin and health, it is better with or without?
without.
Opioid peptides are bad.
And the insulin peak you can easily prevent, by consuming less of that food in one meal.
(and the opioid peptides make it harder to eat less)
-The GI is a measure of the effects of carbohydrates on blood sugar levels, but a measure before insulin makes her work or during it?
The GI is not important.
It is important to consume small meals.
-About insulin secretion: the food which has a low GI but causes high insulin secretion is always processed or "unatural" (or even just cooked)?
No, but the GI is not important.
-Is the sugar content in organic whole spaghetti and made-home whole bread conparable?
Not important.
So if the fat content is the same, theoretically the spaghetti should have the worst effect on blood sugar?
What matters, is the size of the meal.
If the size is right, it doesnt matter what GI and/or how much sugar.
-I was curious to know how much teaspoons of oil equals a fried chicken? (Just one portion, not the whole chicken). It must be so much?
I dont understand your question.
so much for what?
And if one teaspoon of olive oil contains 4.55gr of fat; does it mean that 100gr of chocolate with 40gr of fat equal around 9 teaspoons?? Isn't too much?
too much fat in one day?
When we eat our home-made munch food, would you recommend that much in cold pressed olive oil for feel satisfied more quickly?
No, i would recommend fatty munch food.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:Gluten contain opioid peptides.
So spaghetti gluten-free has no opioid peptides at all? So not that bad finally?
The GI is not important.
It is important to consume small meals.
But this is not my question. My question is: Is the GI a measure of blood sugar before insulin makes her work or during it?
No, but the GI is not important.
You really hate the GI, don't you? 8)
To your knowledge, wich natural food does this?
Not important.
Not important as "not comparable" you mean?
What matters, is the size of the meal.
But if both meals weigh 100gr exactly :|
so much for what?
When we pan fry the ckicken, it's inside oil, right? Or is there water added?
too much fat in one day?
Yes, too much fat. If 40gr of fat inside chocolate equals 9 teaspoons of olive oil, isn't it too much?
Why?? It doesn't make sense. What's wrong with olive oil? And in this case, what is fatty munch food for you?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote: So spaghetti gluten-free has no opioid peptides at all? So not that bad finally?
Of course its bad. Its cooked and relatively high in protein.
this is not my question. My question is: Is the GI a measure of blood sugar before insulin makes her work or during it?
It measures the effect of the consumed food on the insulin.
So, not before, but the total impact.
Again, the GI has no meaning at all.
You really hate the GI, don't you?
No, not at all.
I am trying to tell you that the GI cannot tell you anything about the danger of foods
regarding diabetes.
To your knowledge, wich natural food does this? ("food which has a low GI but causes high insulin secretion")
FOOD (whatever the GI) does never cause that.
Only a meal can.
ANY food can cause a high insulin secretion if consumed in excess in one meal.
NO food will cause a high insulin secretion if the meal is adequate,
and not excessive.
Not important as "not comparable" you mean?
Not important as in:
Both may cause a high insulin response, or not,
depending on the size of the meal...
But if both meals weigh 100gr exactly :|
Health is not about "what if",
but what you do.
You should eat according to your direct energy needs,
as that is what prevents insulin peaks.
Even if all your meals are 100 gram, you still dont know when to take them
to prevent those insulin peaks.
When we pan fry the ckicken, it's inside oil, right? Or is there water added?
Some add water. It depends on what you do.
9 teaspoons of olive oil, isn't it too much?
No, 9 teaspoons of fat daily is not too much
(depending on what kind of fat it is, of course)
Why?? It doesn't make sense. What's wrong with olive oil? And in this case, what is fatty munch food for you?
The more fat (and sugar) the munch food contains,
the less protein it will contain,
which makes it a good munch food:
both low in protein (little appetite enhancing) and high in fat (satisfying).
If you simply add fat to a favorite munch food,
it does not make that munch food low in protein.
Hence it does not make that a good munch food.