Fruits price? rice? B12? sugar? veggies?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

The minimum delay is zero, but with careful energy monitoring one banana will last about an hour on average, I guess.

That meal is biggish yeah. I don't think it'll be very harmful if that's the only meal that large, but it is too big if you only want to replenish your blood sugar (unless you eat it over the course of 2 hrs or something).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Exactly. And how big the delay should be also depends on what you are doing, how high your blood sugar is, and on how much your glycogen depots are filled up. So, you better learn to listen to your body very carefully.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

also depends on what you are doing, how high your blood sugar is
Yes but this it's hard to know. If I make a snack like 1 avocado, 2 bananas, 1 tomato and 1 mandarin i feel fine after and not hungry anymore. But small snacks like 1 banana-1 half avocado every 1 hour and half leave me hungry.
Is there any research advising a maximum amount of sugar per meal before risking diabete if continued over the year?

Avocado and cucumber do not have so much sugar in it, so can we eat them together plus 2 fruits like bananas without any problem over the years? I see a 250g avocado just contain 1g carb which is nothing.

What are your thoughts on charcuterie?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Rivera wrote:But small snacks like 1 banana-1 half avocado every 1 hour and half leave me hungry.
Just eat more frequently then.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Oscar's advise regarding meal frequency is essential.
Rivera wrote:
Is there any research advising a maximum amount of sugar per meal before risking diabete if continued over the year?
No, because such a standard is not possible, as it highly depends on individual needs.
Avocado and cucumber do not have so much sugar in it, so can we eat them together plus 2 fruits like bananas without any problem over the years?
Digestion wise, avocado and tomato are better combined with cucumber and/or nuts.
I see a 250g avocado just contain 1g carb which is nothing.
It also contains fatty acids and protein, which both also initiate the secretion of insulin.
What is it?
Iris

Post by Iris »

Oscar wrote:Iris, I think that normally speaking your glycogen depots shouldn't be empty in the morning, but 1-2 fruits should cover the breakfast needs. One sip of juice doesn't seem enough to me.
Sorry for bringing this up again, but I just want to make sure I'm not mistaken. Would it be alright to, instead of eating some fruits, drink a small glass of juice in the morning (with oil in it of course) untill you feel your blood sugar is up again? And then take a small sip from it every time you need to throughout the rest of the day?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Of course!
And dont be sorry for asking a question; thats the purpose of this forum.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Thank you for your answer RRM! Just wanted to make sure :D
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

RRM wrote:
I see a 250g avocado just contain 1g carb which is nothing.
It also contains fatty acids and protein, which both also initiate the secretion of insulin.?
So even eating salmon alone can initiate secretion of insulin?
By the way, i see that processed meat have carbs in it. What about fish? It has no carbs in it, right? Why one does have sugar, and not the other?

2 fruits at once, even with no fat, are still safe over the years, isn't?
RRM wrote:
What is it?
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-charcuterie.htm
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote:So even eating salmon alone can initiate secretion of insulin?
Yes. Amino acids (protein) even have a stronger effect on insulin secretion than glucose.
i see that processed meat have carbs in it. What about fish? It has no carbs in it, right?
Raw beef is only 0.06% carbs, so i guess its the processing.
Fish doesnt contain carbs.
Why one does have sugar, and not the other?
Because they are different. No 2 foods are the same. Even fruits are very much different regarding nutrient make up.
2 fruits at once, even with no fat, are still safe over the years, isn't?
When i was young, i loved to eat a bunch of fruits in one meal, but now i dont get beyond half a banana or apple. Thats because ive learned to carefully listen to my energy needs and blood glucose level.
So, i guess 'not even just 2 fruits' is safe in the sense this also triggers insulin, which of course is only bad if it happens too much.
"Charcuterie is the art of salting, smoking, brining, or otherwise curing meats, most commonly pork
Well, of course you cannot use any salt(ty) stuff; just water, vinegar etc.
And of course no smoking, just dehydrating.
I doubt its still charcuterie then?
fictor

Post by fictor »

RRM wrote: When i was young, i loved to eat a bunch of fruits in one meal, but now i dont get beyond half a banana or apple. Thats because ive learned to carefully listen to my energy needs and blood glucose level.
So, i guess 'not even just 2 fruits' is safe in the sense this also triggers insulin, which of course is only bad if it happens too much.
Are you saying that a person who eats regular meals of two fruits
(with or without olive oil, nuts or other fat) are in serious risk of diabetes
and/or other health problems due to frequent triggering of insulin secretion?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:Are you saying that a person who eats regular meals of two fruits (with or without olive oil, nuts or other fat) are in serious risk of diabetes and/or other health problems due to frequent triggering of insulin secretion?
No, im not saying that at all.
But we can also not say that its safe.
What is safe?
When you carefully listen to your energy requirements all the time; just replenishing lost blood glucose, and a bit more to replenish glycogen depots.
We cannot say what amount of energy is safe, as it depends on when you eat it; what is the blood glucose level at that moment? If you regularly eat it at the wrong moment, you may still be at risk for diabetes.
fictor

Post by fictor »

RRM wrote:
fictor wrote:Are you saying that a person who eats regular meals of two fruits (with or without olive oil, nuts or other fat) are in serious risk of diabetes and/or other health problems due to frequent triggering of insulin secretion?
No, im not saying that at all.
But we can also not say that its safe.
What is safe?
When you carefully listen to your energy requirements all the time; just replenishing lost blood glucose, and a bit more to replenish glycogen depots.
We cannot say what amount of energy is safe, as it depends on when you eat it; what is the blood glucose level at that moment? If you regularly eat it at the wrong moment, you may still be at risk for diabetes.
But not what would be considered a 'high'
risk, compared to say a SAD-type diet, right?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

No, absolutely not, indeed.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

Is there tests for check your insulin response? This would be the perfect answer for to know how much fruits/fish one can eat at once?
Because me, i can't really say when my body needs or not sugar. I just feel hungry and want to eat few fruits together. And if i listen my body and my needs, i would directly go the Mac Donalds.
Is it possible to check this?

On the site, it is said that:
Starches, for example, are 'complex' sugars; they are long chains of glucose only, and they therefore spike the blood glucose level much stronger than fruit-sugars do, (a mixture of glucose, fructose, sucrose (sucrose=glucose+fructose) and others) because fructose first needs to be converted into glucose* before it can elevate the blood sugar level.
But i read somewhere that (from a nutritionist):
with complex carbohydrates, the speed at which they enter the blood as glucose is slower because the body must cleave the longer chains of sugar, one by one, into smaller units of sugar, before they can ultimately become glucose
Which is true?
When someone tells me "a moderate serving of pastas is good because the speed at which they enter the blood as glucose is slower", what can i answer against that? How do i tackle that without bringing out the fruits-sugars' qualities? By just telling the bad side of the complex sugars.