Eating enough

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Maleko
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Eating enough

Post by Maleko »

RRM and freinds,

First let me say that I am underweight. I seem to have trouble eating enough food, I really think part of the problem is that I have been a chronic undereater for years, and have fasted quite a few times in the last few years as well. It feels like my digestive system is just slow, like its still in conservation mode.

I am eliminating fiber, which is helping...I am juicing alot, mostly apples and cucumbers and a few oranges. I juice 4 times a day now. And when i do eat something, its egg yolks with some cucumber, or raw fish, or banana shakes with dates and almond milk.

When i plug it all in the nutrient calculator though, I am still always near the 1000 calorie mark...I just cant seem to eat much more, or i feel too full, I'm just not hungry.

Now my question: Do you think my digestive system will start to 'speed' up? How do I get hungry?! I am never hungry.

Aloha!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

1000 calories isn't much indeed. I myself am around the 3000. Maybe you could try making a liter (or more) of juice with olive oil, and add sugar to that. Keep a bottle with that near you at all times, and drink regularly, like every 5 mins a big sip. Eat the other meals like you do now. Maybe that helps.
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

are you doing the diet 100% percent???

This is very important.
If you do it half way, part fo the food you eat is not well absorbed, and the other part is not creating the craving it should create for the next meal.
So you loose twice...

For now, dried fruites could do the trick...

I woudl nto worry about the calories.
In your case the fiber (although giving you less energy than juices) coudl speed up your craving for food.

Chew chew chew...
have sex with food.
have littel dried fruits always around (in your pocket, on the table, at your bed) a bottle of olive oil in every room
Make food available...
The action (of eating) is important... not the calories...

Force feed yourself for a while and see what happens...

Another good thing woudl be working out a bit and having food right after!

Good luck!
Gavi.
sabie

Post by sabie »

hmmm, have sex with food. I hadn't though of that. Won't give you mixed messages, lie, or dissemble. Can you teach food to have intellectual discourse? lololol, sorry, I couldn't resist. I know what you mean though, I have watched many people stuffing food down their gullet ( I'm guilty too) and if you equate that to a 2 minute sexual adventure I see your point. I am working hard at chewing more slowly as I now realize that if you don't all the trouble starts there.
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

Go for a walk (about an hour).
You should be hungry when you come back.

I would advise against forcefeeding yourself, that seems to run contrary to the general principles of the diet (your body knows what it needs).
Maleko

Post by Maleko »

Oscar, how do you eat 3000 calories, seems like you would be eating and sipping juice all day long. How the heck did humans survive for millions of years before there were juicers and olive presses. lol

Ya, I will try to have more juice on hand all day, and just sip from it. Seems like if I drank that much oil all day, I would be even more full. I will try it out and see I suppose. Thanks again!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You're right, I eat 4-5 'meals' a day (all depending on activity), and sip OJ (+ olive oil + sugar) pretty much continuously in between.