Feeling sick and weak

Challenges and trouble-shooting
halfgaar
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Feeling sick and weak

Post by halfgaar »

Hi,

I've got a problem, possibly related to the Wai diet, so I thought I'd post it here.

About a month ago, I got sick; felt kind of like the flu or a cold. It passed, but never fully, as I kept having this scratchy throat. A few days ago, I became sick again; sore throat, runny noise, feeling very weak.

Because the Wai diet is rather extreme, I decided to keep close tabs on whatever illnesses I got since Wai. When I just started it march this year, I got a cold or mild flu, but after that, I felt very good, very energetic.

Now I'm sick again, and I'm not excluding the possibility that my immune system is suffering because of Wai. I have an appointment with the doctor on monday, to have my blood examined, also for something like infectious mononucleosis (Pfeifer's disease). In the mean time, I'd like to put my diet up for inspection, and would like to hear from others who've been on the diet for some time.

What I eat is (the amounts vary):

- Bananas
- Mandarins
- half a liter of juice, consisting of half an avocado, orange juice, one kiwi, bunch of coconut and olive oil.
- Kiwi's
- hazelnuts
- walnuts
- three egg yolks, sometimes more.
- about 50g of beef.
- Raw milk cheese, on and off.
- Filet Americain (basically raw beef) as a snack sometimes.
- Carrots
- Lettuce

I believe this is it. If I look at the nutriet list, I may not be getting enough vitamin B3.

The nutrient calculator is kind of difficult to fill in, because it often doesn't contain the exact things I eat, and the amounts vary.

Anyway, I'm somewhat worried that this diet is not providing me with enough nutrients, and I'd love some feedback.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

Whoops, this is the nutrient list link:

http://www.3.waisays.com/nutrients.htm
RRM
Administrator

Re: Feeling sick and weak

Post by RRM »

halfgaar wrote:About a month ago, I got sick; felt kind of like the flu or a cold. It passed, but never fully, as I kept having this scratchy throat. A few days ago, I became sick again; sore throat, runny noise, feeling very weak.
Your defense is too low.
Mostly, this is due to a lack of sleep.
Do you alweays sleep enough?
And when you dont, do you make up for that in the following days?
Now I'm sick again, and I'm not excluding the possibility that my immune system is suffering because of Wai.
It may be that you need more of a specific nutrient than the average.
You can try to find it by analyzing your current food preference.
If you are thinking about all the foods available, what foods do you feel the nmost appetite for?
I have an appointment with the doctor on monday, to have my blood examined, also for something like infectious mononucleosis (Pfeifer's disease).
Good!
I may not be getting enough vitamin B3.
Or omega fats. In both cases fish would solve that.
Why dont you eat fish?
Have you tried upping animal food intake?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

Your defense is too low.
Mostly, this is due to a lack of sleep.
Do you alweays sleep enough?
And when you dont, do you make up for that in the following days?
Getting sleep is never a problem for me.
It may be that you need more of a specific nutrient than the average.
You can try to find it by analyzing your current food preference.
If you are thinking about all the foods available, what foods do you feel the nmost appetite for?
That is kind of a difficult question to answer right now, because I started feeling nauseous 15 minutes ago (will probably pass soon). But, looking back at my eating behavior, I can eat away at that that raw milk cheese I mentioned some time ago. It's not exactly wai-sanctioned food, but still I can get away with it.

It may be that it is exactly that which makes me feel this way; I started eating it at the end of august I believe (judging by a forum post I made about it), which is about a month before I started feeling the way I did.

I can also tell you that foods that are particularly good, such as eggs and nuts (walnuts and hazelnuts), I don't really have a craving for. Sometimes I eat it while I don't actually feel like it.
Good!
The doctor only wanted to test for infectious mononucleosis first, and not for nutrient deficiencies. Kind of annoying. Also, I don't know if they can even do a full test; iodide wasn't even mentioned on the form, for instance.
Or omega fats. In both cases fish would solve that.
Why dont you eat fish?
Have you tried upping animal food intake?
I don't really like fish, but I think I should try some raw tuna. It is said to be not as fishy tasting as most fish. But I have to make sure the stuff they sell here can be eaten raw.

And about omega fats? Aren't all fats omega something? But I take linseed oil and 'tarwekiem' oil (Dutch, I don't know what that is in English), so my omega 3 and 9 intake should be good. Omega 6 as well, as I eat lots of olive oil.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

halfgaar wrote:I can eat away at that that raw milk cheese I mentioned some time ago.
Hmm. That one doesnt count, as it contains powerful opioid peptides that enhance appetite (for the food that contains these peptides).
I mean Wai-foods (not containing beta-carbolines or opioid peptides that interfere with natural appetite), because when the body is lacking a certain nutrient, it will increase appetite for foods that abundantly contain that specific nutrient.
I can also tell you that foods that are particularly good, such as eggs and nuts (walnuts and hazelnuts), I don't really have a craving for. Sometimes I eat it while I don't actually feel like it.
Well, thats very helpful, because IF you have an increased need for a specific nutrient, then its probably not one of the many nutrients that are abundantly present in egg yolks (B2, B5, B8, B9, B12, E, K1, cholesterol, zinc, phosphorus, sulfur, chloride, sodium, iodide, fluoride, iron, molybdenum, vanadium) or nuts (B1, B6, E, calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, iron, chromium, copper, manganese, silicon).

So, that narrows it down to: (indeed) B3, carotenes and vitamin D :D !!
The need for B3 and D is fully covered by consuming fish.
Carrots, apricots and muskmelon contain high levels of carotenes, and since you eat carrots, it cannot be carotenes either.
So do try the tuna!
Granadilla is also very high in B3 (and dried fruits such as apricot, dates and plums).
If you have an increased need for B3, that may be related to your serotonine metabolism (feeling happy / down), as both of them are made of tryptophan; if all the tryptophan has to be used for making serotonin, all the B3 required has to be obtained from food. Do you feel happy most of the time?
If there would be a relative lack of B3 due to increased need for serotonin, a relative high intake of tryptophan (an amino acid) might help too, but egg yolks are relatively rich in tryptophan, so thats likely not the case in you.
I don't really like fish, but I think I should try some raw tuna. It is said to be not as fishy tasting as most fish. But I have to make sure the stuff they sell here can be eaten raw.
Raw tuna is almost always safe to eat, unless it has gone bad, of course.
And indeed, to me it doesnt taste fishy at all, more like red meat.
Albert Heijn sells excellent raw tuna.
And about omega fats? Aren't all fats omega something?
Yes, there are omega 3, 6 and 9 fats, but we are referring to the essential ones; the omega-3 fats.
There are threads dedicated to those fats, which are (as a 'package deal') only present in animal food (plant foods only contain one of them: LNA)
http://www.waidiet.com/nutrients/omega3.html
But I take linseed oil and 'tarwekiem' oil (Dutch, I don't know what that is in English), so my omega 3 and 9 intake should be good.
No, not necessarily, as they only contain LNA, and not EPA, DPA or DHA.
Egg yolks contain LNA as well as DPA and DHA.
Blue fin tuna specifically contains very much EPA and DHA (and contains LNA and DPA as well).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

And if you love that meaty flavor (instead of fishy), then buy yourself a food dehydrator. I use it to dehydrate tuna; i buy a chunk of (very fresh) tuna and cut that into very thin slices of 70 or 75 grams each (perfect for 2 meals a day). Then dehrate them (low temp, takes about 6 or 8 hours) and you can keep them in the fridge for a week.
Tastes like beef-jerky. Delicious 8) ;D

hmmm, i think i should buy a device to seal that tuna-jerky (wrapped in plastic, the air sucked out), coz then i keep keep them outside the fridge, and for much, much longer...
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

It is not so much a question of feeling happy or sad, just weak. But, whatever viral infection I had is over and I feel pretty well, lately. Even though my eating habits are very irregular right now. For the last few weeks, I've often eaten very little. And there were days on which I ate 'bad' foods: large thanksgiving diners, cheese cake, chocolate cakes, supermarket Chinese microwave food, etc. And the funny thing is, it never gave me acne.

Anyway, I'll see about trying some tuna.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

halfgaar wrote: the funny thing is, it never gave me acne.
Im happy for you that you are not that susceptible to acne! :D
summerwave

Preserving tuna in vacuum sealing

Post by summerwave »

You can buy VacSy containers (by Zepter International) for sealing foods in a vacuum and storing them; I have this, you have the dehydrator; together this would be the complete kitchen!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Haha :D
Thank you summerwave. What price was yours?
summerwave

price

Post by summerwave »

USD hundreds; but of course now (and even moreso if you wait a bit), that means just pocket change to everyone else in the world....
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

ooops :roll: