High blood glucose levels?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
chris m failla
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

High blood glucose levels?

Post by chris m failla »

I have been noticing that sometimes my eyes are red and burning after fruit consumption(raisins, mango etc) . So I decided to check my blood sugar levels using a typical glucometer used for diabetics. My reading was 120. Being a nurse, I know that this is high. Normal being 70-110, so the next day I did not eat fruit, but ate yolks, brazils nuts, avocado, and my reading was 92 and I felt ok with no eye irritation. Did I do something wrong? Maybe I ate a few to many raisins at one time( at work I love the raisin/brazil nut combo). I am very sedentary at the moment due to my home health nurse job and being a full time student. Please help me understand if a reading of 120 is bad in Wai point of view and what I should do differently to prevent diabetes and to lose some weight. Thanks
RRM
Administrator

Re: High blood glucose levels?

Post by RRM »

chris m failla wrote:Did I do something wrong? Maybe I ate a few to many raisins at one time
Yes, that easily happens with something that you like to eat very much, and that is very energy-dense.
Consider yourself lucky to get irritated eyes from the elevated blood sugar level; its an effective warning signal.
Please help me understand if a reading of 120 is bad in Wai point of view and what I should do differently to prevent diabetes and to lose some weight. Thanks
Its best to keep your blood glucose level from going up that much, which you can simply achieve by not easting so much in one sitting. The more often you eat, the lower the blood glucose level (after the meal).
Since you already are able to measure your blood glucose level, you can easily experiment with what food in what quantity works for you.

That also helps to prevent energy from getting stored as fat; the higher the blood sugar level, the more sugars are stored as fat.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

chris m failla wrote:So I decided to check my blood sugar levels using a typical glucometer used for diabetics.
RRM, is it better to have one of these insulin pump? We can check each time and understand well how much sugar we need.

@Chris: do the blood lancet hurts? Does it go deep?
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

The poke does not hurt, however over time you may build scar tissue if you dont rotate sites. There is a new system that lancets your arm or other areas instead of your sensitive finger.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

chris m failla wrote:The poke does not hurt, however over time you may build scar tissue if you dont rotate sites. There is a new system that lancets your arm or other areas instead of your sensitive finger.
You mean if you always do on the same finger, you will have a scar mark?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Rivera wrote:RRM, is it better to have one of these insulin pump? We can check each time and understand well how much sugar we need.
You mean the cutaneous insulin infusion pump, right?
I understand that it simply continuously gives you small amounts of insulin, roughly matching that what 'a normal pancreas' needs to give you.
And i guess you are referring to the wireless glucometers that work together with the pump, so that you can monitor your glucose, right?

Well, it totally depends on how much diabetic you are. Do you need insulin shots? Yes? Then the pump plus glucometer is absolutely better indeed.