getting numb

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Roocious
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

getting numb

Post by Roocious »

I've been getting a bit of numbness / tingling in my right leg.

Which I've read is a sign of diabetes.
I thought diabetes was by taking in too much energy, or not sufficient fats with/ sugars. One thing I might add - diabetes runs in my family (gpa) and my dad had a period of hypoglycemia when he was younger.

If anything I've been taking in less energy than I need - and I dont even eat meals anymore - just oj+oo with a banana, some dates, raisins, apple, peach every hour or so.

Anyway - I don't quite understand how it affects my leg.
Any ideas RRM or anyone?
By the way - my skin is currently in the best condition so far (after almost 4 weeks of 100%)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Do yo have access to a device to measure your blood sugar? I think you can get them free or really cheap (they make money selling you the refill testing strips)

My dad is a diabetic. He is open to trying out the wai diet. I plan to measure his sugar often, at first, until we can get a feel for how much he can tolerate. I'll adjust the meal size and fat/sugar ratios accordingly.

I recommend logging your meals and times you feel numb in order to see if you can correlate things. For example maybe raisins cause this more than avocados.

You also could see a medical doctor.
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

I've been thinking about the blood sugar monitoring, I will be trying as soon as possible.

thanks.

I'd prefer to not go to the doctor until I have the diet under 100% under control and really learn to listen to my body. I'm sure the doctor would reject this diet, just as I often reject doctors. - haha

I'm eager to see the results on diabetics - I've seen some videos produced by the "raw guru" people who really aren't quite raw - but they all improved and some even cured diabetes.

I think I understand to a small extent from reading on the forums/elsewhere that the sugars that are not used and do not get stored - stay in the blood stream causing continuous excretion of insulin - does anyone have anything to read or any knowledge to share on how this affects things like the extremities? How does this excess insulin, or lack of sugar create numbness (which may be due to poor circulation, or something else?)
RRM
Administrator

Re: getting numb

Post by RRM »

Roocious wrote:I thought diabetes was by taking in too much energy, or not sufficient fats with/ sugars.
Or too much energy in ones sitting, whereas the total of all your daily intakes may be too little.
One thing I might add - diabetes runs in my family (gpa) and my dad had a period of hypoglycemia when he was younger.
hypoglycemia often proceeds hyperglycemia; they are different stages in the onset of diabetes.
If anything I've been taking in less energy than I need
Thats not good; it imbalances your glucose-control system, which eventually may lead to diabetes.
Anyway - I don't quite understand how it affects my leg.
Its caused by insufficient regulation of the distribution of sugars throughout your body.
You definitely need to get your glucose metabolism optimized.
Please learn to listen to your glucose needs VERY carefully. Respect and listen to the smallest of warnings / signals.
By the way - my skin is currently in the best condition so far (after almost 4 weeks of 100%)
Thats often the case when slightly undereating, as it may result in reduced blood protein levels.