A simplified diet (cheaper and easier )?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Wintran
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

A simplified diet (cheaper and easier )?

Post by Wintran »

Hi,

I tried this diet a couple of years ago but found it a bit too time-consuming and expensive (though very convincing). I'm now thinking of experimenting with it again but to a lesser degree, by finding a cheaper and easier version (that is less perfect of course).

Here are some of my ideas:
- Instead of buying whole oranges and press them myself, buy quality prepared orange juice such as Tropicana (fruits pressed within 24 hours, mildly pastorized making it last about 20 days, without fruit bits/-meat)
- Instead of eating only raw egg yolk, eat cooked/fried eggs, or eat raw egg white as well (mixed with something?).
- Instead of only buying perfectly raw fish, also buy fish that has been frozen.

What are your spontaneous comments on these ideas? For example, would it be better to eat the raw egg white as well instead of cooking the egg, and is cooking better than frying? How much nutrient is wasted by adding "mildly pastorized" to the orange juice?

Feel free to add your own ideas of a simplified diet.
Hannes
nick

Re: A simplified diet (cheaper and easier )?

Post by nick »

If you aren't cursed with acne or cellulite, then sure. Then again some people aren't that susceptible to "dirty protein" so that maybe following your diet does benefit you at a lower price, less time and work.

However, egg yolks are so satisfying, are they not?

Plus, the diet itself, whether followed strictly or somewhat less strict should still provide you with the nutrients.

Whatever works best for you is probably the best, unless you don't won't to ingest toxins from cooked yolk and so on...
fiveam

Post by fiveam »

i have only been on this diet for a measly 3 days and cant speak from experience, but i did find this link about consuming raw eggs:

http://www.mercola.com/2002/nov/13/eggs.htm#

to summarize:

"Earlier this summer, I posted an article that suggested that one should not eat raw egg whites. This is the traditional nutritional dogma as raw egg whites contain a glycoprotein called avidin that is very effective at binding biotin, one of the B vitamins. The concern is that this can lead to a biotin deficiency. The simple solution is to cook the egg whites as this completely deactivates the avidin."

"After my recent studies it became clear that the egg’s design carefully compensated for this issue.
It put tons of biotin in the egg yolk. Egg yolks have one of the highest concentrations of biotin found in nature. So it is likely that you will not have a biotin deficiency if you consume the whole raw egg, yolk and white. It is also clear, however, that if you only consume raw egg whites, you are nearly guaranteed to develop a biotin deficiency unless you take a biotin supplement."

so (according to this guy) it would appear that as long as your intestinal tract is not sensitive to the egg white itself, then you will not suffer any nutritional set backs from consuming them.

just from what ive read, i would guess that cooking the egg would be much worse then consuming both the white and yolk together- although i may be wrong. i personally would not cook ANYTHING (especially animal protein) while trying the sample diet- one of the key points is elimination of dirty protein. first clear your skin or eliminate your cellulite, then experiment away! but maybe youd prefer a more gradual approach- be careful, though, it can certainly be more frustrating that way. anyway, eggs are one of the least expensive things you can buy, and most of the nutritional value is found in the yolk, so how would cooking them or consuming them whole really cut down on cost? i cant imagine that consuming the white would really fill you up that much.

as for the juice, id be thrilled if i could buy orange juice from the store. its certainly something worth experimenting with- maybe later, when my skin is clear (im obviously trying this diet for acne... ugh).

im interested to know how people respond. good luck.
nick

Post by nick »

http://www.13.waisays.com/egg-yolk.htm

explains the reasons for eating yolks only and not the whites.

makes sense to me...and yes, they are cheap!
Monique

Post by Monique »

Cooked egg white makes me break out :(
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

Thanks a lot for your responses and the info!

My main worries at the moment is to not lose muscle mass. I have mild acne, mostly focused on my chest, so that has not been my main concern, though a pleasant side effect if it helps.

Regarding buying premade juice, there's also juice made from concentrate, which is not 100% pure squeezed juice but costs about half the price, but I guess the quality is so much worse that it's out of the question?

I still haven't decided whether to eat the raw egg white as well. Sounds like the egg white is okay to eat raw if eaten together with the egg yolk, but I got a bit of a problem with its consistency :) My main reason for wanting to eat the egg white is that I want to guarantee that I ingest enough protein. I'll write some more about that in the Muscle Gain forum.
Hannes
fiveam

Post by fiveam »

hey nick, i read about the egg white in wais book- i think the point is that the although the avidine and ovomucoid inhibit the absorption of b8 and the effectiveness of trypsin, the abundance of b8 and trypsin in the yolk more then compensate for the inhibitors in the white. nature made them that way for a reason!

course, acne people seem to be sensitive to everything, and perhaps some people react negatively to the white. i know that i certainly dont eat them (i think theyre kinduv gross, dont you??!) cooked eggs wreak havoc on my digestive system, and (of course!) make me break out.

as for gaining muscle weight- i know i gained weight very quickly by eating nuts and honey. its delicious, wai- safe, and a quick way to swallow a ton of fat and sugar. hope that helps.
nick

Post by nick »

Ahh, good point fiveam...

The whites look and smell tasteless to me, compared to the yolks...