Taste for fat

Challenges and trouble-shooting
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Taste for fat

Post by RRM »

Thomas wrote:

How likely is exhaustion of the insulin system if I eat relatively large fruit meals without 'sufficient' fat to stabilize (regardless of whether I consume low glycemic fruit)?
Nick is right.
This post (my response) might help you:
viewtopic.php?t=342
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Being that I am active, I often do not have a taste for fat following (or during) fruits.
How much of a problem is it to eat several fruits at once without sufficient fat to balance (during this episode) followed later by 'fat only meals.'
My total fat intake then comes into the proper proportion, although it is not consumed simultaneously with the fruit.

I often do not feel like a large amount of fat (yolks, avocado, sashimi, etc) until the end of the day, however, I have been on this diet (or similar raw paleo diets) for quite a while so I feel like I can trust my body.

What do you think?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thomas wrote:Being that I am active, I often do not have a taste for fat following (or during) fruits.
How much of a problem is it to eat several fruits at once without sufficient fat to balance (during this episode) followed later by 'fat only meals.'
My total fat intake then comes into the proper proportion, although it is not consumed simultaneously with the fruit.
If that fruit is needed to be able to replenish your glycogen depots (emptied by physical activities), then there is only a one-time stimulation of insulin secretion, which is relatively harmless.
So, it totally depends whether the fruit is eaten according to your direct energy needs plus glycogen replenishing.
I often do not feel like a large amount of fat (yolks, avocado, sashimi, etc) until the end of the day
Thats normal because generally you are less active at that time, right?
So, the combination of fat and protein feels much better at the end of the day.
michael

Post by michael »

Thanks bambi for the tip, I'm going to get myself a juicer and try it out for a week or so. It's not that much work, really, and it tastes a lot better than the OJ I've been buying lately. It doesn't taste very fresh, and I'm suspecting that the oranges used to produce them weren't really that ripe :evil:.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

You're welcome:) I read a review of the "Citrus Trumpet" that said that it works very poorly and it's quite difficult to get even a few drops out of it, so you may not want to bother with that one. Just fyi :)

~Amber