diarrhea and acid reflux?!

Challenges and trouble-shooting
martianwarrior
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

diarrhea and acid reflux?!

Post by martianwarrior »

today has been a strange day...

i woke up with an unusual burp. the kind of burp with a taste that i can't describe. the taste and the burp itself seems to be coming from the darkest, deepest most disgusting corners of my digestive system. i also now have a constant itch or scratchiness in the back of my throat that just won't go away no matter how much or how hard i clear my throat and spit. it makes me cough every few minutes and just as i'm typing this i am noticing a slight pain my chest. my mom has acid reflux, and from the way she's described it, what i am experiencing seems to be similar.

i also began having diarrhea within an hour or two of waking up. i have been eating apples w/ honey and EVOO most of the day. i began sipping some orange juice around noon and decided to go ahead and workout despite the strange state of my insides. i successfully did a full workout without feeling the need to go to the bathroom, but as soon as i began stretching and relaxing my body i had to go release again. the first diarrhea was 1/2 liquid 1/2 small chunks, sort of like when you do a colon cleanse or gall bladder cleanse. when it happened the first time, i figured it was just a natural response from my body to waste something unwanted. as the day went on the diarrhea became more and more liquid and now it is pretty much all liquid(juice i guess)and little bits and chunks. some of the little bits look like chewed up brazil nuts which i have had a few of so far today.

enough about that :?

i was planning on getting some ph strips to test my acid/alkaline balance. is it possible to become too acidic on this diet? i thought it was pretty balanced. i recently posted my typical diet in the diet diaries section if anyone needs to look.

should i treat this like a normal sickness and abstain from foods and liquids except water? it's almost 3pm now and i think i'm gonna do that and see what happens.
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
RRM
Administrator

Re: diarrhea and acid reflux?!

Post by RRM »

Your body does not like what you have been consuming.
My first guess is that its the oil, because of the burping,
and because its readily keeps 'sticking' for a while.
The diarrhea also tells us that your body is trying to get rid of something.
Its normal that is gets more liquid, as there is no more solid matter left.
Brazil nuts are also fatty, and when they go bad (regarding aflatoxins)
the body will definitely respond like this.
is it possible to become too acidic on this diet?
If you diet is balanced,
i dont think so.
should i treat this like a normal sickness and abstain from foods and liquids except water?
You can safely eat fruits.
Just stay away from fats for now, as that likely triggers your body to continue.
Once the syptoms are gone, you can test what it was by just 'thinking about eating' brazil nuts or oil.
Usually that thought alone will tell you what food it was (im getting sick just thinking about consuming ...)
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

My first guess is that its the oil
would this be from too much oil, oil gone bad, quality, too much of a certain nutrient or fatty acid, etc?
Brazil nuts are also fatty, and when they go bad (regarding aflatoxins)
the body will definitely respond like this.
well, i've definitely tasted a few bad brazil nuts before, but always spit them out right away. some you can tell are bad just by their appearance. is it possible for a brazil nut to turn bad and still taste good? i get them in the shell.
"the purpose is not to disengage from the physical universe. the purpose is to manifest the essence of what you are so completely that you are an aspect of the creation of the physical universe."
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Actually i think its the Brazil nuts,
as oil doesnt go bad so easily. (please check it for taste again)
Yes, its possible that you didnt pay enough attention to the taste of the nut.
When there are too many aflatoxins inside, you usually will be able to tell.
It is however also possible that you couldnt tell,
if the contamination was 'fresh'.
martianwarrior

Post by martianwarrior »

just wanted to report that my symptoms disappeared by monday morning and was back to 100% by monday night.

i believe you were absolutely correct about the brazil nuts RRM.

i was wondering though, if a nut begins turning an orange color in the very center of the nut, is that a sign of contamination? i notice this sometimes when a nut is split apart in the process of cracking them open. i figured it was no big deal and had been eating nuts with a little orange center for months.

does contamination start in the center of the nut?

also, i get a nut every now and then with a small white fungus/mold like patch on the surface. i just that off and the rest of the nut. i have to wonder if the center of those nuts would expose an orange center like i described above.

i'm thinking these two things are signs of contamination. i've been cutting all my nuts open after cracking them(if they don't on their own)to inspect the center. from now on, if the nut is not completely white in the center or looks strange on the outside, it's going in the trash.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

martianwarrior wrote: does contamination start in the center of the nut?
No, on the surface.
However, when a nut goes rancid, then it usually starts in the center.
also, i get a nut every now and then with a small white fungus/mold like patch on the surface.
contaminated