Feeling nauseous & hungry at the same time

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Kookaburra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Feeling nauseous & hungry at the same time

Post by Kookaburra »

Hi everyone! I have been on the Wai Diet for 6 months plus now. I am always browsing the forums, but today I felt like I had to sign up because of a problem encountered recently with this diet and hope you guys will help me, especially the co-founder of the diet, RRM.

On 16th Jan, at about 6pm, I felt a decrease in my blood-sugar level, so as per routine, I went and drink a cup of OJ with OO.

Few sips later, I felt nauseous and could not bring myself to finish the OJ. It was a horrible feeling. I was feeling very hungry, yet nauseous at the same time. Few minutes later, my heart rate began to beat fast, and it was sort of a palpitation too. I really thought I was going to die. I managed to finish the OJ in an hour's time, with each sip taking a very large effort due to my state of nausea.

Despite feeling so weak and a loss of appetite, I forced myself to eat 2 egg yolks minutes later as I read somewhere in the forum some time back that fasting was not recommended. It was only at about 9.30pm that I felt better again and by the time I slept, most of my symptoms were gone.

The next day, all was good until about 9pm plus. I felt hungry. I did not go and drink OJ as I did not really believe it was hunger as I had just ate 4 egg yolks an hour back. For the past few weeks, whenever I ate egg yolks, I did not feel hungry for at least the remainder of the night, so at the time I was thinking that it could be the beginning of a stomach ache due to maybe the eggs containing salmonella. But yet, I was still feeling hungry. At 10 plus, I could not stand it anymore and went to drink OJ but guess what, that nauseous feeling encountered yesterday was back. I felt hungry, yet nauseous/loss of appetite when trying to drink the OJ. It was just a horrible feeling, like I am going to die. I did defecate a little later, and I thought hmm maybe it was the not so fresh eggs that caused it. I then woke up in the middle of the night with hunger pangs but I did not want to drink OJ as I felt like I am going to feel nauseous again if I did so. So I just shrugged it off and went back to bed. It was a horrible feeling trying to go back to sleep with a hunger pang.

And on 18th Jan, at 11am plus, it all came back again. I felt nauseous/loss of appetite, my heart rate was beating fast. It continued throughout the day. I checked my temperature, it was 36.3 Celsius, so no fever.

And then today, I woke up in the morning with diarrhoea. Other that that, I thought I was feeling good until when I drank OJ, and everything came back again. Horrible feeling. Could it be that the massive amounts of OJ drank in the past few months has taken its toll on me? I no longer look forward to OJ as the nauseous feeling/loss of appetite will come back. Right now as I am typing, I am feeling kinda nauseous/loss of appetite.

Just what is happening to me? I am really worried.

This is my typical diet in a day.

2 mangoes.
About 4 cups of OJ with OO.
Dried Sultanas with either Hazel, almond, brazil, mac nuts.
Raw salmon/Raw eggs

Please help me.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Feeling nauseous & hungry at the same time

Post by RRM »

Hi Kookaburra,
welcome!
Kookaburra wrote:Could it be that the massive amounts of OJ drank in the past few months has taken its toll on me?
Not if consumed sensibly (no large amounts at once)
and if the juice is 100% ok.
Many oranges are not fully ripe, or have ripened badly,
and this results in bad juice,
and your body may very well revolt against that.
Can you please try apple juice for a while?
(to see what the results are)
Just what is happening to me? I am really worried.
Good, because you should.
When your body talks to you like that, you should always pay attention.

You dont like bananas?
They are also handy for energy purposes.
Do you eat A LOT of dried sultanas and nuts,
or is it that you simply use very little energy? (low activity level)
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

Well, I always drink 1 cup of OJ at a time. Is that considered large amounts at once? But even so, why did it take 6 months to cause such a reaction in me? The juice that I drank recently has been kinda sour despite adding OO. Does the sour the oranges = the more unripe the oranges? How do I know whether the juice is bad? What are the indications of good juice? The sweeter it taste or what? And today I can somehow feel the acidity of the OJ in my stomach after drinking despite adding OO. What does that mean?

Erm, apple seems harder to juice, isn't it?

Well, its not that I don't eat bananas. I used to eat like 10 bananas in a day. But recently, like the orange juice, whenever I do eat bananas, the max I can eat is only 2 or 3. If I try to eat another one, I will feel nauseous, just like the OJ. But its not as worse as the OJ, in the sense that I still have appetite for other foods. With the OJ, its like I will feel very nauseous still, and not have any appetite for the rest of the day.

I eat about a box of raisins with at least 5 nuts. Is that alot? And well, I am actually a thin guy, I weigh only 48kg at the moment, so I guess I use lesser energy?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote:Well, I always drink 1 cup of OJ at a time. Is that considered large amounts at once?
No.
why did it take 6 months to cause such a reaction in me? The juice that I drank recently has been kinda sour despite adding OO.
You answered your own question...

Does the sour the oranges = the more unripe the oranges?
Yes.
How do I know whether the juice is bad?
by taste.
If it tastes delicious, its good.
If it tastes sour or even bitter, its bad.
Erm, apple seems harder to juice, isn't it?
You want to try whether it makes a difference?
Or not?
I eat about a box of raisins with at least 5 nuts. Is that alot? And well, I am actually a thin guy, I weigh only 48kg at the moment, so I guess I use lesser energy?
I just wanted to make sure that you ingest enough energy.
how many grams of raisin per box?
Are you physically active?
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

I juice manually, and seeing that an apple has a hard surface, how do you squeeze the juice out? With the orange, the juice comes out even with a light squeeze.

Should be around 250g of raisins, thats just off the top of my head. I will check it in the morning tomorrow. The only physical thing I do is walking and standing all day.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

One more thing, past 2 days or so, I realised I have very little saliva production. It has gone back to normal today. I am just wondering what causes the high drop in saliva? The saliva was so little that I can't even spit, even after OJ.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If you drank lots of sour OJ, that could be the cause. Sour food stimulates saliva secretion.

Try letting the oranges ripe for 1-2 weeks before squeezing them.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

A change of the diet usually results in a change of saliva production,
as you may now consume much less or more of the saliva-stimulating substances
than you used to.
That always gets adjusted within days.
gianni

Post by gianni »

The symptoms that you mention sound very similar to what sometimes happens when people do liver flushes with olive oil and lemon juice. Maybe the orange juice and olive oil are causing some liver detox.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

what symptoms?
gianni

Post by gianni »

Oh, sorry for the confusion. I meant kookaburra's symptoms of nausea following drinking the orange juice and olive oil, while feeling hungry.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, but on the other hand, there are lots of conditions where the body will respond with nausea to drinking OJ.
It could have been anything.
Usually its just drinking juice from unripe / badly ripened oranges.
kookaburra wrote:seeing that an apple has a hard surface, how do you squeeze the juice out?
You will need to use a juice extractor,
its a different machine.
Check out the fruits & juices forum.