diabetes

Challenges and trouble-shooting
kylecortez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

diabetes

Post by kylecortez »

As I was just eating some peanut butter, i had a revelation. The diabetes epdiemic in this country is huge. I think to myself that the epidemic most likely took off when the low fat craze hit the country. Is this what happened??? People have been avoiding fat and ingesting meals of carbs of carbs and protein, and both types of meals will trigger the insulin reponse heavily.

I don't fully understand how fat works with the carbs. Does it mellow out the insulin response when it is eaten with carbs? Is it difficult to develop diabetes and even overweight if all your carbs are paired up with fat? Because from low carb diets and intense exercise, my blood sugar control is very wacked right now and I'm trying to get it straight

-Kyle
RRM
Administrator

Re: diabetes

Post by RRM »

kylecortez wrote:Is this what happened???
I believe its the uncoupling of energy requirements and energy intake, cause by appetite-stimulants (beta-carbolines, opioid peptides, glutamate, MSG etc)
But indeed, consuming too little fat on purpose doesnt help at all.
I don't fully understand how fat works with the carbs.
We have only 2 basic sources of energy at our disposal. Consuming less fat (directly, or from protein), you need more sugars (directly, or from protein). The problem with that is that you need these 2 in balance, because the are complementary; fats burn slow and last long, where as sugars burn fast and dont last long.
Too little fat puts the focus on sugars, which will make your blood energy level more unstable.
Does it mellow out the insulin response when it is eaten with carbs?
Yes; consuming all the energy in the form of sugars, you will more readily surpass the limit of that 1 'storage unit' than when dividing that energy in 2 different 'storage units' (for glucose and for fatty acids)
Surpassing that limit, insulin stimulates the conversion of that extra glucose into glycogen and of that extra glucose plus fatty acids into adipose fat.

Is it difficult to develop diabetes and even overweight if all your carbs are paired up with fat?
Yes regarding diabetes, though regularly consuming big meals will also over-trigger insulin secretion.
And also a small yes regarding overweight, since due to a relative lack of fat your blood glucose levels will fluctuate more, resulting in the storing of more energy, and in being hungry again sooner.
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

My question is about eating just fruit, or a lower fat diet. 1.If fruits contains fatty acids, then why do we need extra fat from oil?
2. On another thread (Fruit + Fat=Disaster), the Low fat people say that the extra fat or oil thickens the blood making harder or longer for the insulin to shuttle the sugars into the cells. But the Wai people say that this is far fetched and impossible. However, the Waidiet says that eating fat after fruit slows the absorbtion of the sugar hence keeping the blood sugar from rising or falling(flucuating). So isn't that the same thing. Thank you, sincerely
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

chris m failla wrote: 1.If fruits contains fatty acids, then why do we need extra fat from oil?
Because fruit contains so few, except for avocado, for example.
Low fat people say that the extra fat or oil thickens the blood making harder or longer for the insulin to shuttle the sugars into the cells. But the Wai people say that this is far fetched and impossible. However, the Waidiet says that eating fat after fruit slows the absorbtion of the sugar hence keeping the blood sugar from rising or falling(flucuating). So isn't that the same thing. Thank you, sincerely
Fat "thickening the blood" would happen inside the blood. This seems far-fetched as there is a lot of blood and very little fat in the blood; all extra fat will simply go into adipose tissue. So that there is no way for the fat 'to thicken the blood'; it would take so much more fat.

Its not just the waipeople that claim that fat slows the absorption of sugars.
Secondly, this happens not in the blood, but in your stomach, where there is handful of half-digested food that contains both the sugars and the fats.

The percentage of fat in the blood (relative to total blood volume) is far lower than the percentage of fat in the stomach (relative to the total contents of your stomach), hence a far greater influence.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

chris m failla wrote:However, the Waidiet says that eating fat after fruit slows the absorbtion of the sugar hence keeping the blood sugar from rising or falling(flucuating).
You can verify this. Drink 6 ozs of OJ then measure your blood sugar. Drink the same amount with oil and measure your sugar. My dad is a diabetic and I give him a small glass of OJ with 4 yolk, and it doesn't raise his sugar to high. I have never tried the OJ alone, though, so I can't say for sure.