When to drink water

Challenges and trouble-shooting
sabie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

When to drink water

Post by sabie »

This is something I need help with. How long before and after eating should we wait to drink water? Can we drink water right before we eat? Is it best to wait longer after eating fish/eggs? Thank you.
RRM
Administrator

Re: When to drink water

Post by RRM »

sabie wrote:How long before and after eating should we wait to drink water?
Water is absorbed very quickly, so, yes you can drink some water right before consuming fish/yolks, but dont drink more than one glass.
Once you have eaten some fish / yolks, you should only sip water / juice, for about 1.5 hours.
Is it best to wait longer after eating fish/eggs? Thank you.
You can drink as much water after fruits as you want; its only after yolks / fish (and after nuts to a somewhat less extend) that you need to wait.
Oscar
Administrator

Re: When to drink water

Post by Oscar »

RRM wrote:Once you have eaten some fish / yolks, you should only sip water / juice, for about 1.5 hours.
I think RRM means that you have to wait 1.5 hrs before you can drink again. :)
sabie

Post by sabie »

thank you, I have not been drinking enough but now I know when to so I have no excuses.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Oscar wrote:
RRM wrote:Once you have eaten some fish / yolks, you should only sip water / juice, for about 1.5 hours.
I think RRM means that you have to wait 1.5 hrs before you can drink again. :)
Actually, you can sip from juices that do not contain any fiber, within that time as well.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Oh? I always thought that one couldn't do that...

In the free acne book it says:
- Don't eat fruits or anything else containing sugars or fiber within three hours after having eaten sashimi, egg yolk, or other food containing much protein.

and:
- not to drink water after having eaten raw proteinaceous food (egg yolk / sashimi).

Through experimenting a little, I got those 3 hours down to about 1.5 (before starting to sip OJ again), but now I'm getting a bit confused...could you please explain? :)
nick

Post by nick »

RRM mentioned this in a post on the oldQ&A board. It was a small detail that I remember when perusing through the posts. Someone asked if they were allowed to eat fruit after consuming yolks or sashimi and RRM said that you could drink OJ or any other freshly squeezed juice to keep your sugar level up. The fiber from the fruit would make more work for your digestion, not optimal when eating proteinacious foods.

So it is a technicality, but I do it all the time and need to or else I will feel a little low. But since you aren't being 'physical' during that time, your energy need is less.

I'm quite sure that is right...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Oscar wrote: In the free acne book it says:
- Don't eat fruits or anything else containing sugars or fiber within three hours after having eaten sashimi, egg yolk, or other food containing much protein.
True, but if you are only sipping, and not drinking, and if it also doesnt contain fiber, then its okay.
Because things get easily misinterpret, sometimes we have put things a bit too bluntly in order to be clear. In practise there are more shades of grey, but that may be confusing.
and:
- not to drink water after having eaten raw proteinaceous food (egg yolk / sashimi).
Sipping is okay if you are really thirsty for water, because this means your stomach needs some water to add to the digesting juices and foods.
Drinking is too much.
Through experimenting a little, I got those 3 hours down to about 1.5 (before starting to sip OJ again), but now I'm getting a bit confused...could you please explain? :)
Here you go; you already noticed that most things are flexible. :wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Thanks for the replies! :)

(Due to premature disappearance of 'new' tags I completely overlooked it until now...)