from raw to wai

Challenges and trouble-shooting
fiveam
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

from raw to wai

Post by fiveam »

lets see now... im technically new here, never commented on the old message board, but have been following along for quite some time now.

ive been "detoxing" since february- that is to say, i started by cutting out all processed, fried and fast foods, continued to cut out wheat, dairy and all meat other then fish, and finally cut out all cooked foods. ive eaten 100 percent raw for about 2 months now.

as you might expect, ive reaped enormous health benefits already, and found relief from so many problems of mine (both mental and physical). however, the progress ive made with my skin has been grudgingly slow. i couldnt come up with a reason why until i read wai's book. i love salt, and salty, spicy foods have always been a huge part of my diet. maybe thsi has been the problem! of course, it took a lot of time and research for me to decide to take the plunge and try it, but im now on my third day of the sample diet.

i dont find it hard to be strict at all (its not much of a change from my old diet except the addition of egg yolks and different rules for food combining) but i am having a problem with cramping and bloating. i can think of a few reasons for this, but am going to assume that its simply an adjustment period of some sort. god knows that my body isnt used to consuming large amounts of oil with fruit!

does anyone have advice or tips on alleviating these (hopefully temporary) symptoms? im a little concerned that this intestinal upset is only going to add to my skin problems. im also sorry to say that i dont own a juicer, and cant easily switch to an all liquid diet.

i hope this isnt an inappropriate question- i read through a lot of the old board and havent found any posts that involve a stomach ache from simply combinging fruit and olive oil. i suppose there arent a lot of people who are accustomed to consuming nothing but fruit or veggies all day long! most "raw fooders" discourage the combination of fruit (other then avocados) and fat, and so ive been avoiding it for the past 2 months (woe is me). anyway, thank you in advance!
Brian
Administrator

Re: from raw to wai

Post by Brian »

Hi,

One thing I can suggest is that if you're eating multiple types of foods around the same time, to be sure to eat them in proper order.

The best is: sugars, then fats, then protein.

Thus, if you want to eat an avocado, some egg yolk, and orange juice then eat them in order: orange juice first, then avocado, and lastly egg yolk.

If I for example eat an avocado first and then orange juice, I notice it is slightly irritating.

You will also find that some combinations of foods don't agree with you. With time and experimentation you'll figure it out.

Hope that helps!
fiveam

Post by fiveam »

thanks for the reply, brian!

ive actually been really good about food combining- probably because i was combining properly before i started wais diet. the only new element is the oil.

i think ive isolated the problem- egg yolks! i suppose my body just isnt used to digesting them after not having any animal protein in months. i started slowly with them but apparently not slowly enough! i didnt have any egg yolks today and feel perfectly fine- great, actually. they are fresh organic eggs from free roaming chickens, so i know that chances are they arent the problem. it must be either an adjustment thing or some sortuv intolerance. luckily the required amount of b12 is very low and i dont need to consume them everyday.

have you ever heard of anyone having an intolerance to raw egg yolks? it doesnt really seem likely. maybe a sensitivity to protein?
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

have you ever heard of anyone having an intolerance to raw egg yolks? it doesnt really seem likely. maybe a sensitivity to protein?
Yes... but I have only ever heard of it in when people first start eating the egg yolks. Never for an extended period. Mind you, I am not an authority. ;-)

You can reference this if you haven't already:
http://www.waisays.com/eggs.htm

Pay particular attention to #11.
If you find you are extremely sensitive then take an even more conservative approach.

You are resting for 1.5 hours after eating them?
(And not eating anything else in the meantime?)
Wai
Administrator

Post by Wai »

some people are more sensitive to the bacteria
if the yolk cantains a little bit too much bacteria, this will not make your bowels move too much (way too much bacteria does), but it may cause gasses, which you can recognise by the sulphur smell
so, your body may require from you to be more rigid about making sure the yolks' is fresh enough' (if all the signs are good, it does not contain too much bacteria).
fiveam

Post by fiveam »

thanks so much! ive cut the egg consumption down for now- one or 2 about every other day- and i havent had a problem.
on a side note- my skin is clearing up so rapidly i cant even believe it! im also losing about half a pound a day, which is strange because im consuming far more calories (from oil) then i was on the raw diet. i actually gained weight on raw alone, i think for 3 reasons: the fluctuating levels of blood sugar, the lack of cholesterol (which caused me to overeat), and the excess salt. how nice to eat whatever i want and lose weight (im not overweight at all, but i used to be more trim)! thanks wai- im so glad i decided to try your lovely diet!
nick

Post by nick »

fiveam,

in case you don' want to lose wieght, constantly sip orange juice, all the time. This way, you won't lose wieght that you don't want to lose, but you seem to have it under control.