High pulse, arrythmia

Challenges and trouble-shooting
fred
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: High pulse

Post by fred »

Oscar wrote:It seems unlikely that sugar gives you gas. Why don't you try adding 1 teaspoon first and see how that works. Of course you don't need to use any sugar if you don't want to.
Don't bacteria feed on carbs ?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Gas originates when bacteria decompose fiber, not when they use sugar for energy.
fred

Post by fred »

Oscar wrote:Gas originates when bacteria decompose fiber, not when they use sugar for energy.
Why does the decomposition of fiber make gas ?

That's strange because I have noticed several times that honey alone or mixed with orange juice give me gas.
fred

Post by fred »

Maybe the sucrose I don't digest is decomposed by bacteria making gas ?
fred

Post by fred »

http://aappolicy.aappublications.org/cg ... 107/5/1210 :

"Carbohydrate that is not absorbed in the small intestine is fermented by bacteria in the colon. This bacterial fermentation results in the production of hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane, and the short-chain fatty acids---acetic, propionic, and butyric. Some of these gases and fatty acids are reabsorbed through the colonic epithelium, and in this way, a portion of the malabsorbed carbohydrate can be scavenged.19 Nonabsorbed carbohydrate presents an osmotic load to the gastrointestinal tract, which causes diarrhea.20

Malabsorption of carbohydrate in juice, especially when consumed in excessive amounts, can result in chronic diarrhea, flatulence, bloating, and abdominal pain.21-27 Fructose and sorbitol have been implicated most commonly,15,16,28-30 but the ratios of specific carbohydrates may also be important.31 The malabsorption of carbohydrate that can result from large intakes of juice is the basis for some health care providers to recommend juice for the treatment of constipation.32 "
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't think we'll ever get to those excessive amounts, so that can't be it.
Sucrose = glucose + fructose, so the carbs are already spread out. If one would drink a liter of high fructose syrup in one go, that might work. ;)
fred

Post by fred »

Oscar wrote:I don't think we'll ever get to those excessive amounts, so that can't be it.
Sucrose = glucose + fructose, so the carbs are already spread out. If one would drink a liter of high fructose syrup in one go, that might work. ;)
So what could be the cause of gas if not the sugar ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote: Why does the decomposition of fiber make gas ?
Because fiber is mostly decomposed bacterially instead of enzymatically.
I have noticed several times that honey alone or mixed with orange juice give me gas.
Thats possible if you have a malabsorption issue.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:
fred wrote: Why does the decomposition of fiber make gas ?
Because fiber is mostly decomposed bacterially instead of enzymatically.
I have noticed several times that honey alone or mixed with orange juice give me gas.
Thats possible if you have a malabsorption issue.
What about a fructose malabsorbtion ?
Rice gives me very few gas compared to fruits, honey or OJ. Potatoes do seem to give me gas, but I am not sure whether it is because of them, the cooking method (steaming) or not enough mastication.

To maintain my weight and have enough energy, I need to ingest a certain amount of sugar that gives me lots of gas, and abdominal pain even with no fibers. For now, I can't increase my fat intake (more than 6 egg yolks a day) without having arrhythmia.

The last solution I see is to eat small amount of rice during the day, and the few fruits I can tolerate for the vitamins/minerals, (and of course 6 egg yolks before bed). With this solution, I may even be able to eat more animal protein without gout like symptoms (fructose increases uric acid) to rely more on gluconeogenesis (and eat less rice).

It seems that I can't eat a 100% raw food diet without symptoms (there is no starchy food that can be eaten raw). After 15 years of research and experiments, I am desesperate but I really want to live the rest of my life without diet induced symptoms.

Any idea?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote: What about a fructose malabsorbtion ?
Thats not unlikely in your case.
I can't increase my fat intake (more than 6 egg yolks a day) without having arrhythmia.
The last solution I see is to eat small amount of rice during the day
Instead, you can add dextrose (glucose only) to orange juice or apple juice.
Maybe thats your solution.
I add sucrose, you add dextrose. Same thing though slightly different.
With this solution, I may even be able to eat more animal protein without gout like symptoms (fructose increases uric acid)
Orange juice and apple juice increase the deportation of uric acid.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:
With this solution, I may even be able to eat more animal protein without gout like symptoms (fructose increases uric acid)
Orange juice and apple juice increase the deportation of uric acid.
Can you elaborate on that ?
What do you mean by deportation of uric acid ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im planning to do more research about it, after this study stimulated me to do so:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8501777
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote: Instead, you can add dextrose (glucose only) to orange juice or apple juice.
Maybe thats your solution.
I add sucrose, you add dextrose. Same thing though slightly different.
Yes, that's a good idea, but dextrose is much more expansive than sucrose : 15 Euros for 1 Kilo in pharmacy !
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote: Yes, that's a good idea, but dextrose is much more expansive than sucrose : 15 Euros for 1 Kilo in pharmacy !
Absolutely, but it may be your solution.
You just need to find out how much you need daily.
fred

Broken blood vessels in eye and blood glucose

Post by fred »

Sometimes, a blood vessel in one of my eyes breaks. It is always related to a high sugar intake, whether from fruits or honey. I have noticed that several times, so I am sure at 99% it is caused by a high blood glucose.

Eye diseases are common complications within diabetics. Chronic High blood sugar can damage many parts of the body, especially tiny blood vessels in the eyes.

This confirms that I am pre-diabetic, that I should seriously monitor my sugar intake, and always take some fat to stabilize my blood glucose.
Scaring!

http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/c ... ions_eyes/ :

"How can diabetes hurt the retinas of my eyes?

Retina damage happens slowly. Your retinas have tiny blood vessels that are easy to damage. Having high blood glucose and high blood pressure for a long time can damage these tiny blood vessels.
First, these tiny blood vessels swell and weaken. Some blood vessels then become clogged and do not let enough blood through. At first, you might not have any loss of sight from these changes. Have a dilated eye exam once a year even if your sight seems fine.
One of your eyes may be damaged more than the other. Or both eyes may have the same amount of damage.
Diabetic retinopathy is the medical term for the most common diabetes eye problem."

http://forecast.diabetes.org/magazine/f ... plications :

"The AGE-ing Process
As the concentration of glucose in the blood increases, there’s a shift in the body’s chemical balance that allows glucose to attach to other molecules, often vital proteins that, for example, make up body structures like blood vessels. And when glucose coats proteins like a sickly sweet glaze, an AGE is created. AGEs can damage proteins “in very important ways that contribute to cell dysfunction and the complications of diabetes,” says Paul Thornalley, PhD, a professor at Warwick Medical School in England.

AGEs are apparently regarded by the body as cellular junk; normally, the body takes out the trash. Yet in people with diabetes, the sheer number of AGEs may overwhelm the system for clearing them out of the body. “We are producing these [AGEs] all the time, even those without diabetes, but most people excrete the AGEs in their urine. But a person with diabetes may have 10 times as much in their urine,” says Thornalley.

The buildup of AGEs is likely to cause damage that leads to complications in people with diabetes. Researchers aren’t sure how this happens, but they are focusing on the one thing all diabetes complications have in common: damage to blood vessels. Tiny blood vessels in the eye can swell and leak, leading to retinopathy. "