Candida?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
razza
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Candida?

Post by razza »

So I like this diet, BUT, now my candida is now out of control. I have tried to find as much as I could from old posts, and basically they say that controlling candida relates to energy management/ preventing sugar spikes and lows. I have to keep my blood sugar level low and constant to avoid feeding the yeast.

So, I'm thinking about cutting out oj (or only consuming a small amount with egg) since I don't feel comfortable with how I'm regulating the sugar.

Not sure if I should:

1. Try eating only very small fruit meals (1/2 to 1 piece) with heavy emphasis on fat
2. Limit sweet fruits to morning and focus more on tomato, cucumber and avocado

Has anyone overcome candida while on this diet? Please tell me how you did it! I read other people's strategies from past posts, but I couldn't tell if anyone ever got it under control. Everywhere else you read that fruit is the worst thing for candida... :(
RRM
Administrator

Re: Candida flare up

Post by RRM »

razza wrote:So, I'm thinking about cutting out oj (or only consuming a small amount with egg) since I don't feel comfortable with how I'm regulating the sugar.
If you have candida, the only thing you can do (regarding diet), is keeping your blood sugar level relatively low.
It does not matter what the origin of the sugars are, but what your uptake of sugars is in a given time frame. So, you dont have to cut out anything. Instead, you should decrease the size of your meals and increase the frequency of meal intake.
Not sure if I should:
1. Try eating only very small fruit meals (1/2 to 1 piece) with heavy emphasis on fat
Yes.
2. Limit sweet fruits to morning and focus more on tomato, cucumber and avocado
No, there is no need if you simply take in smaller amounts of sweet fruits.
But, of course, you can always take tomatoes, cucumber and avocado instead of other fruits.
Everywhere else you read that fruit is the worst thing for candida... :(
Yes, but solely because of the sugar. And you limit sugar intake by decreasing the size of your meals; not by excluding foods.
razza

Post by razza »

Thank you for the responses, they are very helpful. I will keep my meals small and frequent. This diet is so different, it does take some retraining of old eating patterns.
happy_face

Post by happy_face »

How are you doing since your last posting? I also have a problem with candida and might have to reduce the intake of OJ. For now I am eating the cucumber/tomatoe/avocado salad all dy long instead of other fruits.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The view that 'oil is bad for candida' is discussed here:
viewtopic.php?t=1922
summerwave

fat + fruit

Post by summerwave »

summerwave

fat + sugar + candida

Post by summerwave »

When I treated for Candida, I found it was very easy to overestimate energy needs and therefore create blood sugar spikes...

Fat and sugar taste delicious together.

I had enormous sugar cravings.

Put together, I could not begin to control energy intake until I rationally and with tremendous self-control figured out what I needed, and did not (for awhile) depend on what my body seemed to be telling me. Indeed, the cravings are not wholly from one's body.

The fat + sugar = bad effect arguments are not about this of course. But I did find it easiest to control energy intake using a) the simplest sugars only (monosaccharides, requiring no digestion) and b) sugars taken alone, without fat. I could not depend on how I felt, though, as I always wanted more. Figuring in fat calories just made it more difficult since I was craving sugar. But calories are calories, and I might have exerted the same self-control with fat + sugar as with sugars. I think I just had the illusion that I knew when I was topped off with energy (even though it always felt not enough)....

Perhaps it preserved my sense of dignity that I was really responding to my blood sugar level's natural cravings, rather than Candida-induced cravings.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

This is a really late contribution to this thread, but here goes.

I found that my cravings disappeared with the addition of OO.

Re candida: I was riding around on my bike the yesterday kinda daydreaming and remembered reading that candida augments the insulin system, helping to regulate blood glucose levels when it becomes overwhelmed. At that moment I realized that Wai could assist in bringing candida levels to normal. As RRM said, it's not about sugar, but portion and frequency.
waitalk

Off Diet for 2 days - Candida?

Post by waitalk »

Hello, I started the Wai diet due to severe white/black heads on my forehead. I have been on the diet strictly for 2 months. I have seen small improvements on my forehead but seems to be slow but commited if it takes some time. However, over the course of the last two months I was having some burning type pain between my belly button area and buttocks. Kind of like I had prostate infection or something. I took a blook test to make sure my prostate gland was fine and the tests were fine. I NEVER took any antibotics from doctor. I wonder if I have sometype of yeast growth going on. I stopped the wai diet for two days (no fruit/sugar, no eggs) and replaced it with oat meal for breakfast and brown rice for dinner meals, organic soup for lunch. To my dismay the pain has subsided but still present but releaved from the pain more than I ever have. I did the spit test (spit in glass in the morning and look for strands) a few days ago before stopping the wai diet and I failed the "spit test".

Therefore, now I don't know what to do or maybe I am eating the wrong combinations. Afraid to start eating fruit and raw eggs again as my pain as subsided since stopping the wai diet.
I am a male, 38 years old, 137lbs.
My diet consisted of:
2 organic eggs in the morning, 2 at noon, 2-3 in the evening
I would eat fruit throughout the day every hour or so (lots of bananas, pears, apples, blueberries, occasional kiwi and orange)
salad at noon and evening (1 avocado, 2 small tomatos, 1/2 large cucumber, cold press olive oil.

Help!
RRM
Administrator

Re: Candida?

Post by RRM »

waitalk wrote:I did the spit test
Please first go for a test that can tell you for sure whether you have candida.
Leno

Post by Leno »

Hello all,

The past two and a half weeks have been a grueling experience for me. Not sure if it's Candida or not, actually I've never even heard of Candida until I started to look up "conditions" based on the symptoms I've been feeling lately. How can I find out if I have it or not? I am a 30 year old active male but not so active anymore because how I've been feeling. It first began about a month ago with intermittent dizziness, nausea and gas (heavy stomach) (especially during work-outs) but nothing I couldn't handle. I noticed that it progressively got worse and I felt all those same symptoms mildly during the entire day three Sunday's ago. The following morning, I took a friend to the hospital for his scheduled surgery, I was still feeling a bit weak and nauseous that morning. As I sit next to my friend in the waiting room, bam! I experience a full blown attack of extreme nausea, cold, shaking, and dizziness, like I wanted to pass-out! I felt absolutely horrible and very scared as it just hit me within five minutes and wasn't sure what was going on. The nurse took my blood sugar and she said it was on the low side of normal (I can't remember what it was but she didn't seem concerned about it.) I felt like I had to go to the bathroom and tried pooping hoping for some relief but I could not go hardly at all. What was very ironic was that I was there to look after my friend and it turned-out to be me who needed to be taken care of! I had a friend pick-me up about and hour later to take me home and I still felt foggy-brained, dizzy, and cold. After getting home I slept for about 30 minutes and I felt somewhat better but still not 100%. Visited the doctor the same day who was somewhat perplexed and had blood and urine test done, they came back negative. I felt the same way off and on for the following week and was unable to poop, felt constipated. I was afraid of eating anything, but eventually opted to eating a minimal amount of fruits and made sure I had plenty of olive oil to balance the sugars. Regardless, I still felt horrible and had another "attack" that following Friday that landed me in the Emergency Room that night. Except this time, along with the usual symptoms, I felt a burning sensation around my stomach upper back and head (no fever.) Doctors took blood and urine samples and they all came back normal. Following Monday visited another doc for a third opinion, she took stool samples thinking it could be a bacteria, they came back negative. Stomach virus? Candida? I don't know and not knowing is probably the most unsettling part!

At this point, I'm still not 100%. I have moments when I feel pretty good but the next hour I could start feeling dizzy, cramps and nauseous again. Prior to all this I was feeling great and working out every other day. I was on a fairly strict Wai diet but cheated occasionally with a few snacks here and there. I, however, did not always take-in the proper dosage of fats with my sugar. Some days I would be drinking lots of fruit juices without the balance of fat. Could this have damaged my stomach in some way to make me feel this horrible feeling? I am now watching everything I eat and am going 100% strict in hopes that it helps me. But I would appreciate anyone who can provide some insight as to why I have been feeling this way the past three weeks? It has been very disruptive in my life and I'm not sure how much longer I can go feeling this way.

Thank you!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome :)
I have no idea, but could you tell us how long you've been on the diet, and give us an example of what you eat on an average day?
Leno

Post by Leno »

Hello Oscar,

I had been eating bananas, apples, tomatoes, raw egg yolk, at least a handful of Brazil nuts ( a day,) avocado, cucumber, and fruit juices such as orange,plum, pineapple combos. I wasn't eating all this in one day but just giving you and idea. I would cheat sometimes with occasional snack food here and there. I never felt I was missing energy except maybe when I would work-out, I would get dizzy and heavy stomach like feeling. Now I have this feeling almost all the time including some gas and nausea.

I tried to stick to a 100% Wai diet this past week but couldn't because of all the food during the holiday. I started all over again today.

I was just wondering if this could possibly be Candida? I have an appointment with a GI doctor next week.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Leno wrote:I never felt I was missing energy except maybe when I would work-out, I would get dizzy and heavy stomach like feeling.
The number one issue when people start this diet:
Consuming too little energy.
Now I have this feeling almost all the time including some gas and nausea.
This nausea is the result of consuming too little energy.
The gas is the result of consuming much fiber.
You need to consume some energy way more often.
This might only be possible for you when you consume little fiber, as fiber inhibits your appetite.
That will eliminate the gas too.
The easiest way to do so is by consuming sieved orange juice,
with sugar (extra energy) and a little oil (to prevent acid reflux) added.
You should consume lots of small meals (including drinking oj) very frequently,
to such an extend that you feel energetic, and never get dizzy or nausea.