Urinating a lot

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Reformedbyfruit
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Urinating a lot

Post by Reformedbyfruit »

Been on the wai diet for a month and a half. Found it online when trying to relieve constipation. Love the way I feel and constipation is gone. I've lost 35 lbs by eating fruits,raw egg yolks, olive oils, sashimi,and avocados. Only problem I've had is kidney stones last week which makes me wonder if all the fruit(5 lbs or so per day) caused my oxulate levels to be too high or maybe not enough water intake. ..or did I already have them and the rapid weight loss shocked my body causing the stones?? Been drinking lots of lemon /Apple cider vinegar water to break them up and seems to be working. Painful experience and hope it's not due to the diet. My old diet was heavy protein and lots of gin liquor . Thanks if anyone has any insight!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Did you have an operation and susbequently your stones examined?
If not, it is guessing what the actual source of your kidney stones is; calcium oxalate, calcium phosphate, cystine, magnesium ammonium phosphate, uric acid...
Kidney stones may be cause by a variety of sources.
You first need an exact and accurate diagnosis other than just ' kidney stones'.
You need to know what you are dealing with, exactly.
Reformedbyfruit wrote:Only problem I've had is kidney stones last week which makes me wonder if all the fruit(5 lbs or so per day) caused my oxulate levels to be too high or maybe not enough water intake.
Fruits are very high in water.
Except for strawberries, oxalate is low in ripe fruits.
High oxalate foods are beans, tea, spinach, rhubarb, beets, nuts and chocolate.
..or did I already have them
You don' t develop kidney stones in a few months.
It is a slow build up, making small accumulations eventually grow into kidney stones.
They dont occur suddenly. Its only that they get noticed 'out of the blue', which makes you think it is a sudden effect.
the rapid weight loss shocked my body causing the stones??
Rapid weight loss in association with a high protein diet is a risk factor.
Your weight loss was in association with low protein, though.
Been drinking lots of lemon /Apple cider vinegar water to break them up and seems to be working.
Bad idea. That will create a stomach problem.
First, you need to know exactly what kind of stones you have.
To alkalinize your urine (prevention of calcium oxalate, cystine, and uric acid stones), eliminate high acid-producing foods, such as grains, beans and dairy products, and minimize meat intake.
To acidify your urine (prevention of calcium phosphate and magnesium ammonium phosphate stones) without the adverse effects of high-acid foods, you may drink orange juice, or cranberry juice.
Painful experience and hope it's not due to the diet.
It is probably your diet, unless you have been taking laxatives, protease inhibitors, antibiotics or diuretics.
But not the Wai diet.
The Wai diet is low in oxalic acid and low in protein.
A high protein diet (acid load, uric acid) increases the risk of kidney stone formation.
Excessive vitamin D (excessive sunlight exposure, vitamin D supplements) may also cause kidney stones.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Reformedbyfruit wrote:Been drinking lots of lemon /Apple cider vinegar water to break them up and seems to be working.
I don't think the acidity of these liquids will actually reach the kidneys to break/dissolve a stone.
As the stomach and kidneys are far apart.
Your gut will neutralize the acidity of vinegar or lemon juice, before it reaches the kidneys.
But I think drinking more fluids like oj would help move the stone, like more liquids to wash it out.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Reformedbyfruit wrote: eating fruits,raw egg yolks, olive oils, sashimi,and avocados.
"eating fruits"
May I ask you what kind of fruits do you eat?
And may I ask how do you eat your fruits?
How do you eat your foods?
Do you peel them?
Do you remove the seeds?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

RRM wrote:
Reformedbyfruit wrote:Only problem I've had is kidney stones last week which makes me wonder if all the fruit(5 lbs or so per day) caused my oxulate levels to be too high or maybe not enough water intake.

Fruits are very high in water.
Except for strawberries, oxalate is low in ripe fruits.
High oxalate foods are beans, tea, spinach, rhubarb, beets, nuts and chocolate.
It could be any type of stone.
But if you suspect oxalate as the main cause, here is some brief info on oxalate:

Oxalate is made by plants to control the plant's own calcium levels. Animals don't make oxalate.
Calcium levels are generally localized on the seeds and peels and leaves and stalks of plants, hence oxalate is often found there also.
For example, oranges and lemons have a lot of oxalate on their peels, but not in the juice part.
If you search low oxalate diets usually lots of grains (technically seeds) and veggies (stalks, and leaves of plants) and herbs (leaves of plants, seeds of plants) are off limits.

If you stick to the Wai diet strictly: which requires dieters to peel fruits and remove seeds,
then, theoretically there should not be much oxalate content consumed from the fruits.
Imo I think the Wai diet would qualify as a low oxalate diet.
Reformedbyfruit

Post by Reformedbyfruit »

Thanks for the help.
I had no surgery. I wasn't able to catch the stone with the screen they gave me. I'm hopeful they are gone from my body since no pain the last two days. I'm happy to stay with the wai diet since it doesn't sound like it could be causing the stones. I peal all fruit except grapes. I try to pick out the seeds but miss some I'm sure. I like the idea of drinking oj instead of lemon water during the day ; and eating fruit at night so I don't wake up to pee. My fruits are kiwi, grapefruit, grapes, apples, bananas,mangos, plums, melons. Does it matter what type of oj? Simply Orange ok?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Reformedbyfruit wrote:Does it matter what type of oj? Simply Orange ok?
The oranges need to be ripe.
The sweeter, the better, as anti-nutrients are decomposed as fruits ripen.