Maximum Bowel Emptying (from bacteria overdose)

Challenges and trouble-shooting
CSIV
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Maximum Bowel Emptying (from bacteria overdose)

Post by CSIV »

I don't remember if that's exactly what you all refer to it as, but it's something like that.

Anyway, this phrase is used to describe what happens after consuming something that has too much bacteria. I'm curious as to how this happens aside from the obvious...
I'm curious because I was experimenting with not refrigerating my eggs after getting them from the store (I'd like to not use my refrigerator at some point) and all was going well until just last night/this morning when I obviously ingested too much bacteria. The weird thing is the eggs seemed quite fresh still judging by the consistency of the whites and all of the yolk sacks were quite firm. My reaction happened about 4 hours after consuming the eggs and it hurt like hell. I was sweating buckets, had very strong pains in my abdominal area and felt like I was dying, but now I'm almost feeling perfectly fine.

Is this a typical "maximum bowel emptying" as refered to on this forum? For some reason I was under the impression that "maximum bowel emptying" wasn't quite this unpleasant the way it has been written about.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Maximum Bowel Emptying

Post by RRM »

Ha ha, this was obviously a bit more than that, dont you think?
Im guessing that one (or more) of those eggs were heavily infested (with salmonella, probably).
How long did the sweating and pains last?
BTW, i always keep my eggs outside the fridge.
panacea

Re: Maximum Bowel Emptying (from bacteria overdose)

Post by panacea »

I thought you said eggs can't be heavily infested with salmonella if it's not opened then left out or put back in the fridge so the salmonella can grow?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I said that a salmonella poisoning usually happens because of food (desserts) made from egg
that is being stored in the fridge, so that the salmonella can grow.
I did not say that eggs cannot be invested with salmonella.
Compared to what such a dessert can do, a salmonella infested egg is relatively harmless.
CSIV

Post by CSIV »

Ok, I thought it was probably more than that, but was unsure. The whole deal lasted only under 30 minutes, and after that I started feeling normal again rapidly.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Hm, my first thought is that you should check if you have salmonella.. cuz salmonella is something that spreads easily and if you have it you have to know how to make sure nobody else gets it from you, you can't prepare food for others etc. etc.. ;)
CSIV

Post by CSIV »

Should I avoid eggs tonight, or should it be fine?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

abicahsoul wrote:Hm, my first thought is that you should check if you have salmonella.. cuz salmonella is something that spreads easily and if you have it you have to know how to make sure nobody else gets it from you, you can't prepare food for others etc. etc.. ;)
Noooo, its not a virus.
Its bacteria; his body has dealt with them within half an hour.
Should I avoid eggs tonight, or should it be fine?
A little rest is always helpful (a day or two is good enough).
Your body will remain a little alerted for a while though,
so that you may get a similar, but weaker response (no sweating etc) if you eat another egg containing salmonella.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Ok, I am just saying cuz after I was in Tibet I got shigella (a relative of salmonella).. and a friend of mine salmonella.. and even though we had severe diarreah and puked, it stayed behind when we came home and wasn't discovered until samples were taken like a few weeks later.. and in Sweden when you have salmonella you are under the law about transferrable diseases.. for many weeks I think.. meaning you shouldn't cook for others, and I think some other things.. like when sharing bathroom etc..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salmonella (hm, ok, when I read I realize that shigella is actually known to linger more.. I thought they were more similar.. perhaps you are right.. anyway, if CSVI experience more discomfort I guess he should check it up to make sure..;) )
CSIV

Post by CSIV »

What would cause an egg to be infested with salmonella (or other bacteria)? Does it just happen some times, and is there any way to tell?
All of the eggs I had that night seemed fresh enough. How and how long do you usually keep your eggs RRM?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

CSIV wrote:What would cause an egg to be infested with salmonella (or other bacteria)?
Salmonella rapidly multiplies in the presence of water, so that if an egg has been exposed to water,
and water has entered the shell, it may get infested.
Usually, the egg yolk will not remain whole when the infested egg is opened,
but maybe the multiplication of the bacteria was so fast that the yolk had no time to 'deteriorate' accordingly.
In my opinion this is a rare occasion. (and this is the first time i heard about it)
How and how long do you usually keep your eggs RRM?
Up to 2 weeks, but i have been consuming older egg yolks without adverse effects.
Usually i prefer them fresh though (firm yolks).
CSIV

Post by CSIV »

I guess I was just unlucky. I'll post here if something like this happens again.