Gas with animal food

Challenges and trouble-shooting
fred
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Gas with animal food

Post by fred »

Hi!

I have many gas after eating animal food, whether meat/fish/egg. This is probably because of the bacteria in them.

I suspect I have a low stomach HCL production.

I have noticed that I have less gas with ground meat. The grinding increases the surface of the meat and the Hcl can be more effective in killing bacteria.

What do you think of that?
Is there any other solution to reduce gas with animal food ?
Thank you.
abicahsoul

Re: Gas with animal food

Post by abicahsoul »

Hm, if your hunch is right.. then chewing carefully before swallowing should also be as effective..
I only noticed a bit more gas when having fruit too close after a meat/fish meal.
I guess clue is to eat raw meat/fish/yolk separately. Don't eat it with any fruit including cucumber, avocado, or tomato.
Wait a while (15-20 minutes? or something) after eating fruit before having your proteins. And wait 30min-1 hour after proteins before having sieved juice (that is, no fruit pulp, only sifted juice), and perhaps 3 hours or more before eating whole fruit. Yolks seems to be an exception and can be consumed with fruit as far as I understand.;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote: I have many gas after eating animal food, whether meat/fish/egg. This is probably because of the bacteria in them.
Why do you think its because of bacteria?
Usually, gas is the result of incomplete digestion,
resulting in bacterial decomposition (in the colon) instead of enzymatic decomposition (in the stomach and small intestine).
This incomplete digestion can be caused by a number of things, including low hydrochloric acid.
I guess this will take some experiments to find out what exactly is the real cause of this.
Maybe you can first experiment with not eating any animal food for 2 days? (to make sure its the animal food)
Then, maybe you can experiment with raw fish treated with lemon juice, for denaturation? (1 week the same every day)
I have noticed that I have less gas with ground meat. The grinding increases the surface of the meat and the Hcl can be more effective in killing bacteria.
It also makes work for digestive enzymes easier, so that it may be totally unrelated to hydrochloric acid.
So, we just have to find out what it is exactly, through experimentation.
dime

Post by dime »

I haven't had such problems so far, and I eat yolks, fish, nuts (50gr of each in this order) in one sitting in the morning. 2 hours later I continue with water/juice.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote:.
Why do you think its because of bacteria?
resulting in bacterial decomposition (in the colon) instead of enzymatic decomposition (in the stomach and small intestine).
This incomplete digestion can be caused by a number of things, including low hydrochloric acid.
Couldn't gas also be caused by a too high intake of bacteria (associated with an insufficient Hcl production) ?
Maybe you can first experiment with not eating any animal food for 2 days? (to make sure its the animal food)
Then, maybe you can experiment with raw fish treated with lemon juice, for denaturation? (1 week the same every day)
I have already done these 2 experiments : I am sure it's caused by animal food. Raw mackerel marinated in lemon juice makes me gassy.
I also add that I eat animal food alone, always far from fibers intake.
It also makes work for digestive enzymes easier, so that it may be totally unrelated to hydrochloric acid.
So, we just have to find out what it is exactly, through experimentation.
Yes you're right, it could also be caused by a lack of masticating, preventing digestive enzymes to do their job.
However, how do you explain that even eggs (alone and fresh) give me gas. They are liquid so there's no possible lack of chewing.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote: Couldn't gas also be caused by a too high intake of bacteria (associated with an insufficient Hcl production) ?
No; too much bacteria results in complete bowel emptying.
Gas is produced by food that still remains in your bowels.
I have already done these 2 experiments
So, did you have any gas when eating no animal food at all?
it could also be caused by a lack of masticating, preventing digestive enzymes to do their job.
Have you tried eating ground fish?
(totally 'destroy it' with a fork, or similar)
how do you explain that even eggs (alone and fresh) give me gas.
There are some people who always get gas from eggs.
I dont know why, but since it results in sulfur containing gas (you can tell by the smell),
its the bacterial decomposition of protein in the colon, for sure.
The cause is therefore likely due to a lack of proper digestion in the small intestines,
though the cause for that is unclear.
It happens, for example, when you eat eggs and engage in intense physical activity immediately afterwards.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:I haven't had such problems so far, and I eat yolks, fish, nuts ...
Its not a general issue; its an issue concerning Fred specifically.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote: So, did you have any gas when eating no animal food at all?
No gas, as long as I eat few fibers! gas from fibers is different from gas from animal food (in terms of odour and abdominal pain)
Have you tried eating ground fish?
(totally 'destroy it' with a fork, or similar)
Not yet, but fish like tuna gives me less gas because the flesh is softer I guess (easier for digestion).
It happens, for example, when you eat eggs and engage in intense physical activity immediately afterwards.
It also happens without physical activity for me.

Thank you for your help RRM!
fred

Post by fred »

Is-it possible to have gas in the small intestine also?
Sometimes, I have gas almost immediately after eating, the food isn't in the colon yet.

When I was carnivore, I could eat tons of eggs (with the white) with few gas compared to now : my intestinal flora was probably better adapted to animal food.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fish like tuna gives me less gas because the flesh is softer I guess (easier for digestion).
Yes, less tough connective tissue.
So, why dont you stick to the fish?
fred wrote: Is-it possible to have gas in the small intestine also?
Sure, because there will always be some gas released,
but its nothing in the magnitude of what happens in the colon due to bacterial decomposition.
Sometimes, I have gas almost immediately after eating, the food isn't in the colon yet.
Your mouth may fill itself with saliva before you take the first bite of food,
just by thinking of food, or watching it.
The same may be true for the colon; there is (almost) always some partially digested food in the colon,
and consuming a specific food that has previously elicited a certain bowel response, may already trigger a similar response,
way before it has actually reached your bowels.
When I was carnivore, I could eat tons of eggs (with the white) with few gas compared to now : my intestinal flora was probably better adapted to animal food.
One thing we can say for sure: your intestinal flora then was different from what it is now.
Consuming cooked foods, at least there were more sedatives present.
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote: So, why dont you stick to the fish?
Variety, mercury and other contaminants, overfishing.
One thing we can say for sure: your intestinal flora then was different from what it is now.
It was a raw carnivore diet. Yet I had some gas with meat.

I'll take care to only eat soft/ground meat now.
Thank's.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You mean cooking destroy natural sedatives in raw food ?
Sorry, i meant "more" instead of "less"; i've corrected this.
It was a raw carnivore diet. Yet I had some gas with meat.
Ok, i thought it was a cooked carnivore diet; my mistake.
There may be several factors playing here.
1. you may get gas from the connective tissue in meat. Please try tenderbeef / tenderloin;
high quality beef with very little connective tissue.
2. you may be sensitive to the yolks that may be the result of having consumed (an) egg yolk(s) with relatively much bacteria,
so that every time you consume yolk, your body is still alarmed, triggering the gas response.
This is likely to subside with time.
3. Have you tried just 1 egg yolk per meal? (to spread digestion of the yolk)
fred

Post by fred »

RRM wrote: 1. you may get gas from the connective tissue in meat. Please try tenderbeef / tenderloin;
high quality beef with very little connective tissue.
I'll do.
2. you may be sensitive to the yolks that may be the result of having consumed (an) egg yolk(s) with relatively much bacteria,
so that every time you consume yolk, your body is still alarmed, triggering the gas response.
This is likely to subside with time.
3. Have you tried just 1 egg yolk per meal? (to spread digestion of the yolk)
Yes, the less I eat egg yolk, the less gas. The more I eat, the more gas. That's an issue because egg yolk is a requirement!
I have also tried no egg for weeks, without success when I resume.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fred wrote: the less I eat egg yolk, the less gas. The more I eat, the more gas. That's an issue because egg yolk is a requirement!
Ok. Still, its perfectly ok to eat just one egg yolk / week (if you consume sufficient fish/meat, of course),
so that you will only have a little gas that one day / week.
That must be ok, no?
fred

Post by fred »

OK, thank's