Durian, yolks, ... Ahhh

Challenges and trouble-shooting
dandate2
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Durian, yolks, ... Ahhh

Post by dandate2 »

I ate a couple egg yolks on a not so entirely empty stomach. I had eaten durian about 3 hours before and i could still burp up the taste so it hadnt cleared yet. about 4-6 hours after eating the yolk i was debilitated by extremely painful stomach cramps and diahrea. i didnt know what to do so i drank some orange juice and that just made things worse and i started vomitting. was this from having fiber with yolk or did i get some salmoenella or something?
dime

Re: Ahh! what happened

Post by dime »

I don't know what's durian, if it's fruit then 3 hours seems a bit too much for them. Probably you've eaten something heavy before the durian so it was fermenting for some time, and then you added the yolks to the mix, and in the end the orange juice..
In short, I don't think the problem would've been the yolks alone, but the whole mix.
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

durian is an extremely high fat content fruit, practically more fat than sugar. i guess it takes a long time to digest. before i was throwing up my burps tasted like fermenting durian
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Then perhaps the durian wasn't fresh and evacuated.. usually the burps tells you what you will have in return.. and then everything that you eat afterwards will also come up;) I guess it is hard to say what bacteria exactly caused it.. but if you ok in a few days no worry. Otherwise go to the doc. :D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dandate2 wrote:durian is an extremely high fat content fruit, practically more fat than sugar.
Durian contains 5% fat vs 27% carbs, according to the USDA database.
According to Souci et al, its 2% fat and 29% carbs.
Its extreme odour comes from a mix of esters, ketones, and different sulphur compounds,
which may be the cause of the digestive issue, probably resulting in bacterial decomposition of the yolk too.
Its usually imported frozen, which stops ripening, naturally, and its known that its very hard to determine
when the fruit is ready to eat, particularly because there are so many species.
Also, the durian has been attributed various medicinal properties, which may be a further complication.
Some advice against combining durian with alcohol, as that would cause indigestion.
One study claims that the high sulphur content inhibits aldehyde dehydrogenase activity.