Is this diet having the opposite effect?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Singingcrowsings
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Is this diet having the opposite effect?

Post by Singingcrowsings »

Hello,

I'm new to the Wai forum, but not the way of eating (I was on the simple diet plan about 8 years ago). Anyway, I found myself drawn back to it when I bought my manual juicer. I didn't start it because of acne, in fact, any acne problems cleared up once I stopped eating anythign deep fried or in the nightshade family (tomatoes, potatoes, green pepper etc.). So because I didn't have acne, I thought I could use the diet as an elimination diet for my narcolepsy (sleep disorder / auto immune disease) and cataplexy (paralysis disorder). Before I started though, I had begun juicing bitter melon, and found it pretty much eliminated any signs of cataplexy. So I kept that, and began juicing a few vegetables / fruit (cabbage and chayote) with it, and eating the Wai way. I've added foods here and there, finding some interesting results in what has affected my narcolepsy. But NOW any time I add anything cooked at all it seems I break out in boil-like acne and it hurts. It's all on my neck, jaw, cheeks and a bit on my temples. I don't eat bread or red meat very often, but neither has ever had this effect, only tomatoes did.

It's been almost two months since I started, and I like eating this way and I'm happy with some results (I've lost those last few pounds, cellulite, cravings, and increased metabolism, but this acne is torturing me. Is this diet making me more sensitive than I already am and having the opposite effect i.e. causing acne? :? :o
overkees

Re: Is this diet having the opposite effect?

Post by overkees »

It's the rebelling kid in class argument.

When one kid (dirty protein) rebels in the class he gets a lot of support and chances are high he will get his way. If there are alot of kids rebelling in class chances are big that no one will listen to m, only the occasional zit.

I myself am not very sensitive to acne and my only snack was fried potatoes. When I ate them like 3 days in a row, I had outbreaks. They clear up pretty quick too. So that's why you have to leave 1 or 2 days in betwen if you're planning to eat the next snack.

With this diet you just become very sensitive to everything that is bad for you. Its good cuz you can find the root of your problems. But when you're doing this diet for a longer time, chances are big you will turn to 100% wai. That's what happenning to me now..
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah, being "sensitive" in this case just means your body is quick on the uptake, so it'll take care of problems quickly.
Singingcrowsings

Post by Singingcrowsings »

Oh man! Thanks for your replies.... I feel like I'm walking through the forest learning what's edible and what's not, and I keep stumbling across the poisonous berries and mushrooms. Of course, the result is me now looking at those particular items and unregistering them as "food", and I'm glad I am able to do this, because it's coming in very handy. I suppose now I'll have to try some organic beef and see what happens to see the comparison. It just seems that by the time I'm done filtering out the food from the non-food, my food list will be very small.

I know being sensitive can be a good thing. i.e. there's no questioning if something's not working for me, and yes, considering the degree of the acne, it does go away quickly (.. in about a week, as opposed to a month like before), I just wish I could not be sensitive for once in my life, ya know?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I know what you mean. It's keeping us on the straight and narrow. ;)