Sleek / limp, but soft hair. Dry heels & hands

Challenges and trouble-shooting
sabie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sleek / limp, but soft hair. Dry heels & hands

Post by sabie »

Hi, my hair which is thick and which has NEVER been limp in my life (It's big and I straighten it) is now, well, almost limp (very soft though) a day after washing (once every 3/4 days). My heels and hands are still kinda dry though and I'm still "clogged" quite a bit. My fingers are still swollen till after I workout. In an old post Wai mentioned about people who bruise easily vs. people with thin skin? I bruise easily (also have spider veins, water retention) and have thin skin. I'm trying to figure out if I need more olive oil. I'm trying for around 15 tablespoons a day right now. Maybe I need to change my shampoo because of the change in diet? My hair seems to say "enough oil" but my works don't. I'm on the sample, not eating nuts.
sula58

Post by sula58 »

As far as the hair goes, I've noticed the same thing; but I like it. It is not so much limp as it is "sleek." I had very thick, wavy, and (probably because I colored it off and on) coarse hair. I cut that part off, and now I am letting my "new" hair grow in. It is very soft and very shiny. However, if I go too long without washing it, it gets TOO oily, and therefore can get limp.
I would recommend using very mild shampoo, preferably organic (or stuff without bad ingredients, like laurel/laureth sulfates or panthenol)...if your shampoo is too harsh, your skin (scalp?) will compensate my producing more/too much oil. The natural oil is what makes your hair shiny and soft, so it is best not to strip it away.
And since your new hair is, in a way, baby-like now, using harsh cleansers with all those crazy ingredients could also be weighing your hair down. My shampoo has about four ingredients. The stuff at supermarkets and salons, even the really price-y stuff, is similiar to the loads and loads of moisturizer and eye cream, when a simple oil is all you need.

And as far as how much oil to consume, I think it depends on how much sugar you're eating. The more fruits, the more fat. That is the easiest way to calculate how much you need.

How long have you been on the diet?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Your sebum and oil production needs time to adapt properly. In the beginning there will be some alternating over- and under-reactions.