Organic?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
overkees
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Organic?

Post by overkees »

I was wondering what foods should definetely be organic?

I now eat standard oranges. Standard yolks (with a number 2 in the netherlands). Standard bananas. Dried fruits like plums.

And Organic EVOO. Organic beef. Organic snack fruits with a thin peel, like apples, strawberries, etc.

Especially the yolks are bothering me. But if I buy organic yolks it costs me just too much. Is it really bad to consume like 20 yolks that aren't organic on days I work out?

I know bananas contain almost no pesticide residue (little is used + thick peel) and oranges have been discussed and if you use a citrus press it shouldn't be a problem. But... dried fruits that are slowly heated? Are those a problem when considering pesticides?
dime

Re: Organic?

Post by dime »

Regarding fruits, I've read that organic doesn't necessarily mean they aren't loaded with chemicals/pesticides. It's just that you're only allowed to use certain 'organic' chemicals, which no matter how organic they are still chemicals and not any less toxic to us.. so don't rely on the organic label for fruits too much.

Meat for sure, I'd guess organic means at least no hormones (maybe also antibiotics?) which means the animals have to live in good conditions and be fed well otherwise they would get sick and die easily.

Yolks I buy free-range from the farmers market, and for me these seem better. The organic have some weird fluorescent yellow-greenish color, the free-range or any other from the farmers market are dark orange and quite stronger, and cheaper. Try to find some market around maybe.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

overkees wrote:Especially the yolks are bothering me.
Me too, because I eat up to 10 standard yolks daily
and 1-3 times a week non-organic salmon
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its easy to buy organic eggs here, and not that expensive...