What to eat on a 9 hour flight?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Aquaman
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

What to eat on a 9 hour flight?

Post by Aquaman »

Hey all!

It's me again, the Wai diet is going swimmingly, but next month, I will have to make an international flight, and unfortunately I won't be able to take my OJ/OO as security won't allow any liquid containers past what is essentially perfume container size.

Now I can't very well buy OJ past security since it will undoubtedly be that sugary Sunny D nonsense. On the flight itself I THINK they serve salads, but I doubt it will be anything substantial. I'm thinking of having a rather large meal before I arrive at the airport, a fat rich meal so my body can stand a long period of deprivation, like fruits with a few whole avocados or something.

Any tips on what I should eat or do would be greatly appreciated!
Maia

Re: What to eat on a 9 hour flight?

Post by Maia »

On the flights that I have been on they have always said that it was ok to take fruits with you on the flight.
You can also take oil with you I think as long as it is in a container that is less than 100 ml.
Otherwise... dried fruits + nuts? Or as a last resort sugar cubes?
Another thing you could do is just to try and sleep the whole time so that you just wont have any time to eat... haha :P
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
overkees

Post by overkees »

Yes, fresh fruit is not a problem. I would go for bananas, they give longer lasting energy than other fruits. Dried fruits are also okay. A big salad meal before the flight would be ideal, a lot of fat so you can take a hand of raisins every half our for example. Make sure you drink water with the dried fruits, otherwise they might cause a too rapid rise in blood sugar levels.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

On top of that, you might be able to get a "FPML - Fruit Plate Requested" meal, depending on the airline you're traveling with.
Aquaman

Post by Aquaman »

Thanks so much guys, Brazil nuts (unshelled) break me out (not badly, just enough to not eat em), so carrying fresh fruit through security will be a lifesaver, did not even know they allowed that! I'll also carry around an acceptable size of OO and drizzle it on the bananas as I eat em.

Thanks again!