Acne breakouts = depression

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Thomas
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Thomas »

Some people have great difficulty successfully regulating glucose levels, and this can EASILY contribute to increases in acne (when blood sugar levels are constantly fluctuating).

This post has been edited by RRM
Thomas, you shouldnt advice against Wai's
For your alternating views there is a separate forum
sabie

Post by sabie »

Hi thomas, thanks for the suggestion, worth a try after I drink what I juiced tonight. The thing is, I started juicing cause the fiber from the fruits was too much, I've always know that certain fruit gave me digestive issues at times but maybe I was eating fruit that wasn't ripe. Certainly have been learning about that. Getting enough energy cause of my energy output is the problem. Can't workout for hours afterwards when eating whole fruits . So, dried fruit and nuts would have to replace I guess. Well, it would be obvious after a week if the orange juice was the cause and certainly my levels are not stable. I was thinking of buying a home blood sugar monitor just cause it will take me so long to figure out how to keep it balanced, eventually I'm sure I will but with the weakness and the acne maybe now is more important. I'll let you know. I'm only drinking abut a cup and 1/2 a day right now and I did break out before the juice but I was eating oranges.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sabie wrote:The thing is, I started juicing cause the fiber from the fruits was too much
Yes, juices are perfect to eliminate a fiber overload.
Now you need to learn to spread your energy intake; no big meals / drinking much at one sitting; instead you need to constantly take small sips of juice, so that your blood glucose level is stabilized. (small amounts is little peaks)
Can't workout for hours afterwards when eating whole fruits
True. when working out you better take some juices with you, with sugar added, so that you can constantly keep your blood sugar level at a sufficient level.
Well, it would be obvious after a week if the orange juice was the cause
Juices are never the cause, but your energy intake is.
You need to keep your blood sugar level stable. You dont need to eliminate the juices that enable you to maintain this diet.
I'm only drinking abut a cup and 1/2 a day right now
That is way too little; that way you can never keep your blood sugar level at a proper level. (otherwise you would have to be eating whole fruits constantly, with all the fiber)
sabie

Post by sabie »

thanks, RRm, I was so tired the night I read Thomas's post it wasn't tll I went to bed tht I thought "why would I stop drinking Orange Juice"? Then I remembered who Thomas was :) He has a right to his opinion but as you said RRM, this is about Wai's method so if you don't agree why be here?
I wonder what you think of the blood sugar monitor idea? Anyway, I am going to buy a bigger juice container tomorrow and try cutting out the dried fruit as Gavriel suggested (for a week anyway) and drinking more juice. This acne is making me miserable and I have to do whatever I can to get my skin clear again. I hope I am not coming across as just whiny, I'm just in shock and dismayed. Since many people on this site started this becasue they have acne they probably can't understand why someone would start to have acne on it. I am hiding in my office but I can't keep doing this everyday.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

I havn't had acne and havn't developed it from this diet but I'm sure RRM and some of the others will be able to help you more than I can.
I just want to say that I hope you get though this and that although I'm not sure, it could still very well be a transition. The natural vision teacher I studied with said that the healing process is one of reversal. So you go back to full health by reliving all the previous crisises which led to your present state. So sometimes things get worse before they get better.
Sounds like you're on the right track though. You're right about eliminating the dried fruits and I wouldn't eat cashew nuts. they are never raw.
Also it could be the fact that you are slowly getting off the medicine. I'm just guessing her but maybe the chemicals or whatever is in the med have been supressing an acne case that you always had but didn't know about, because it never came out. Physical problems which are supressed come back always more dramatically later.
Just some thoughts. But all the best. Keep up your good spirits!
sabie

Post by sabie »

Hi Corrine, no, I've only been on this med since last September so the acne was not "hidden" because of that. I laughed when I read what you said about going backwards though cause my life has been packed with trauma and going backwards to clean out sounds great but may take a long time! But I so appreciate the words of support. I think RRM is right and my blood sugar is all over the place. I'm getting healing touch tomorrow and I'm going to ask my friend about this. I have cut down the meds and there have even been a few days I didn't take it but stopping cold probably won't happen, I cut my last med over a couple of months. I think figuring out how to keep my blood sugar stable will take me too long so I'm going to try to find some help in that. How come everyone says that about cashews? They look raw (and say raw, organic) although I realize they are not hand shelled and so not good to eat on this.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

I hate to be another one to go against the grain, but as much as diet is important in maintaining healthy skin, so are other factors - sufficient rest, fresh air, exercise, relaxtion and the opportuniy to 'wind down' after a stressful day, are surely also important?

Take care,
James
x
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

sabie wrote:How come everyone says that about cashews? They look raw (and say raw, organic) although I realize they are not hand shelled and so not good to eat on this.
Cashew 'nuts' aren't nuts, but legumes, like peanuts. Their shell is poisonous, so they are never(?) shelled by hand, instead they are shelled by heat. This means they are roasted, even though they look raw, and are sold as such. Raw cashews don't really taste that good, so they're often roasted (again) to improve the taste.