Opinions on this diet?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
ShallowMoon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Opinions on this diet?

Post by ShallowMoon »

Hello everyone,

I am searching for the most simple and effective diet and this is one I have seen and quite like. Could you please critique this diet:

Day-Night:

Breakfast: Watermelon.
Breakfast-lunch (brunch): Watermelon again (but less of it) for a snack.
Lunch: Roughly 3 egg yolks with some oranges or fresh made orange juice (or mandarins/clementines instead of oranges). Sugar and cold pressed olive oil can also be added to the orange juice.
Lunch-Dinner: OJ and eat bananas as far apart as possible and as much is needed (for your blood-sugar levels)
Dinner: Roughly 15 egg yolks. Note: Once or twice a week, substitute this meal and only eat 6 egg yolks at lunch, and for dinner eat two slices of Salmon or Tilapia (unsure if these should be eaten raw).
Dinner-Sleep: sip OJ.
Through the day: Roughly 5 tablespoons of this oil a day.

General summary of day:

Drinking 2.5-4 liters of OJ,
Half a watermelon
3-6 bananas
However many egg yolks / fish individually needed
Roughly 5 tablespoons of this oil a day.

There are Also some other lifestyle questions I would like some opinions on; Is sleeping sitting-up (as close to 90 degree angle as possible) the best way to sleep?

Secondly, what is the best way to breathe? I have heard of the Buteyko method but would like to hear from others.

Lastly, what supplements are beneficial? I have heard of periwinkle (vinca minor) and grape bitters (or other Vagus nerve stimulants)

Thanks for your time.

Resource:
http://www.p memory.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7136
RRM
Administrator

Re: Opinions on this diet?

Post by RRM »

Hello ShallowMoon, welcome.
ShallowMoon wrote:Could you please critique this diet:
There are far too few meals.
You will be eating predominantly simple sugars, which requires splitting up your meals in many small meals,
because otherwise you will be spiking your blood energy too much, followed by a large dip.
With this diet you need to learn to listen to your blood sugar level, and consume energy accordingly.
So, no planned meals, but responsive meals.
Lunch: Roughly 3 egg yolks with some oranges or fresh made orange juice
You have time to be physically inactive after each meal containing egg yolks?
Dinner: Roughly 15 egg yolks.
Why so many? Do you work out?
... Tilapia (unsure if these should be eaten raw).
Yes, they can. Just make sure they have been deepfrozen first.
Then fill a big bowl with warm water and put the tilapia fillet in a (closed) small plastic bag into the weater,
to defreeze and somewhat warm up the fish.
There are Also some other lifestyle questions ... sleeping sitting-up ... Buteyko method ...
There are threads about this (or similar) in this forum.
what supplements are beneficial?
The idea is that you get all required nutrients from this diet.
Please submit your version of the diet to the nutrient calculator.
http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-calcsimple.html
I have heard of periwinkle (vinca minor) and grape bitters (or other Vagus nerve stimulants)
What is your purpose?
ShallowMoon

Post by ShallowMoon »

Thanks for the reply RRM, this isn't my diet it is just a template I have seen, and was considering using.

I think the purpose of periwinkle (vinca minor) and grape bitters (or other Vagus nerve stimulants) was to increase the blood flow to the brain (I don't know when that would be useful, though).

One last question, since I am suppose to consume in response to what my body wants, is it safe to carry around; egg yolks and orange juice (in containers) and consume as I need it? Must they be kept cold etc?
ShallowMoon

Post by ShallowMoon »

Just wondering is consuming a small amount of silica (because wrinkles are caused by a silica deficiency as people age?) everyday beneficial in keeping skin healthy? I've heard that it is but would just like some other opinions.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

ShallowMoon wrote: I think the purpose of periwinkle (vinca minor) and grape bitters (or other Vagus nerve stimulants) was to increase the blood flow to the brain (I don't know when that would be useful, though).
Exactly. Consider such exracts as drugs (the molecular structure of pharmaceutical drugs is often derived from natural drugs).
Like all drugs and toxins, they taste bitter, which is naturally a warning to any healthy human being to not ingest them.
In as much as we do not undergo chemotherapy to prevent cancer, we do not take any drugs to prevent whatever ailment,
except for vaccinations, but thats a different mechanism.
One last question, since I am suppose to consume in response to what my body wants, is it safe to carry around; egg yolks and orange juice (in containers) and consume as I need it? Must they be kept cold etc?
OJ (orange juice) yes, but egg yolks, no.
And there is no need to carry egg yolks with you, because you will be home at some point in the day/night,
which is all the opportunity you need to take them.
With OJ its different, as you need a constant supply of carbs throughout the day.
ShallowMoon wrote:Just wondering is consuming a small amount of silica (because wrinkles are caused by a silica deficiency as people age?) everyday beneficial in keeping skin healthy?
Aging of the skin is due to damage to collagen fibers in the skin, and acceleration of skin cell renewal, exhausting skin cell renewal capacity.
Maybe you have noticed that people who always work on the land (and people living on high altitudes)
have far more wrinkles than people of the same age who do not get much sun-exposure.
Thats because of the effects of ultraviolet (UV) light exposure.
Both UVA and UVB cause free radicals and oxidative stress in the skin,
which indirectly damage collagen fibers and accelerates aging of the skin cells.
UVB also directly causes damage.

To slow down aging of the skin you shouldnt overexpose your skin to sunlight.
Also, you should counteract retaining too much water in the true skin,
which causes dehydration and acceleration of aging of the outer skin.
Excess water retention is caused by salts and 'dirty' proteins, which are excluded from this diet.
And dont worry about silica on this diet, as particularly bananas contain silica.
(once you have a slow juicer, you can make delicious mixes containing banana juice.)
ShallowMoon

Post by ShallowMoon »

Wow that is a lot of useful information, thank you.
ShallowMoon

Post by ShallowMoon »

RRM, not talking about the quantities of the diet components I mentioned, just the components, would that be a optimal or near-optimal diet?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, its great.
Its best to submit your version of the diet to the nutrient calculator,
so that you know that all nutrients are covered for.
http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-calcsimple.html
ShallowMoon

Post by ShallowMoon »

Ok, thanks for all your help.