5 Weeks; things look worse

Challenges and trouble-shooting
fredb
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

5 Weeks; things look worse

Post by fredb »

NOTE: fredb later admits he never was on the 100% strict diet, also consuming pumpkin seeds and cacao. RRM

this diet is failing for me.... even my parents told me to stop this diet.... my skin is more red and its getting worse! my skin actually wasnt to bad but bad enough to change my diet and things are getting worse, i use to be on all these supplements and green juices like pure synergy, maca, hemp protein, goji berries, cacao; all the rawfood.com products and when i made the switch my skin got worse! i dont understand I figured I'd make the switch to the WAI diet because that stuff is way to expensive, but after this diet is making me look bad i figured I go back on the stuff at least it didnt make me break out as much... before i started this diet my diet was kinda of low in fats and very low in sugar compared to now...is this diet for sure to work? am i doing something wrong here?! and i feel off balanced alot to
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sorry to hear that Fred, but the diet works for sure. There are lots of things to consider though.

First of all, 5 weeks isn't that long, and your body can still be detoxing and getting accustomed to the new situation. Very often when healing from something there will be a worsening first, and then a (relatively) slow recovery.

Second, this diet, though good for all, is still very individual. So could you list what you eat per day, so we can detect possible problems?
fredb

Post by fredb »

Ok i will continue with the diet because im hoping it will help eventually...
32 Oz. Orange With with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Banana with extra virgin coconut oil
almonds (not shelled by hand by they are raw)
usually around 7 eggs yolks, maybe more or less
some dried fruit
apples
pineapple
fish oil
brazil nuts shelled by hand
dates
figs
sometimes: avocado salad, lettuce, tomatoe,cucumber

somtimes i drink apple and cucumber juice

somtimes i eat cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds, blended banana (but i always use to eat this and my skin seemed fine, but maybe i have to give them?)
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

A lot of times people fail with the diet (myself included in the past) because they are not able to correctly regulate blood sugar levels. This results in everything from depressions to increases in acne.

After a while on this diet you begin to notice when you have 'made a mistake' with your blood sugar, and although you may feel a bit off, you at least know the culprit. Unfortunately, that will not help you now...

My best advice is to simply eat no more than one piece of fruit at a time, and to always balance this with sufficient fat.
Eliminate all nuts and munch food (the munch food seems to sedate the senses), and possibly cut down on the OJ (the juice-minus fiber makes it more difficult to regulate blood sugar).

Continue posting until you begin making progress
fredb

Post by fredb »

Okay thank you

Sometimes i do drink 32 ounces of OJ in 1 hour time; but that is during working out and the OJ with with usually 5 TableSpoons of Olive Oil

Is this to much OJ to fast? What if i just slowly sip on the OJ throughout the day. The OJ deffinitly makes things easy when im at school and work
fredb

Post by fredb »

How important is sleeping at the right times? and at what times is best to fall alseep and awake?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

There are a few things you could change. Like Thomas said, I would stop eating munch foods, i.e. the lettuce, cacoa nibs, pumpkin seeds. Then either cut out or be very careful with the nuts (esp the almonds) and dried fruit. Don't blend the bananas. The amount of OJ should be fine (I drink the same amount), but drink/sip it throughout the day. You could add sugar if you feel you need more energy.

I'm not sure about the sleeping hours, but make sure you're getting enough sleep at least.

Keep us informed. :)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Fred,

The diet is not failing you - to put it bluntly, you are failing the diet by not following it 100%. To be absolutely sure what causes your acne, you must follow the strict sample diet for 2 weeks. If you are not sure what this is, go back and re-read the appropriate sections of Wai's book.

For example, you wrote that you eat almonds that are not shelled by hand. Nuts that are pre-shelled cause acne in some people, as can blended bananas, so these you will have to give up for the two-week sample diet. Also, fish oil is not part of the sample diet, neither are cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds or lettuce. After the strict two-week period, you can slowly add these things back in as 'munch foods' to see what your skin can cope with. But for now, you cannot be sure until you have seen some successful clearing of your skin over two weeks of the sample diet.

You mentioned sleep - you need lots and lots of sleep to have clear skin. Try to get to sleep an hour (at least) before midnight, because your sleep quality is better before midnight. Staying up all night makes your skin look temporarily better (because of the 'dirty protein' in your skin being deported more quickly when you are awake), but you will pay for it over the next few days. Sleep, sleep, sleep, is the best remedy for everything - just ask RRM.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you Curlygirl,

Indeed, many people with acne readily break out from already shelled nuts.
FredB, please make sure to follow all the rules before jumping to conclusions.
gilrose

WORKOUT BLUES

Post by gilrose »

WORKING OUT IS UNNATURAL SINCE THE ONLY TIME YOU WOULD NEED GET YOUR HEARTRATE UP SO HIGH IS IF YOU WERE BEING CHASED BY A WILD BORE. WALK DON'T RUN IT IS AS NATURAL AND PURE AS EATING ACCORDING TO WAI SAYS.
fredb

Post by fredb »

WORKING OUT IS UNNATURAL SINCE THE ONLY TIME YOU WOULD NEED GET YOUR HEARTRATE UP SO HIGH IS IF YOU WERE BEING CHASED BY A WILD BORE. WALK DON'T RUN IT IS AS NATURAL AND PURE AS EATING ACCORDING TO WAI SAYS.
and sitting infront of a computer is natural? what is natural anymore?
ana

Post by ana »

i used to run and jump around like that when i was a kid ....sometimes I just feel like running and it is as natural as it comes
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

ana wrote:i used to run and jump around like that when i was a kid ....sometimes I just feel like running and it is as natural as it comes
Amen to that! If it brings you joy, do it! :) Sometimes when I'm walking I just want to start running and it's a joyful "I'm alive" kind of feeling. When I was a child, my sister and brother and I would hike everywhere, race around, do cartwheels - it was completely natural and very healthy...and it brought us joy! Not that walking by itself isn't wholly healthy, I just don't believe it's the ONLY healthy activity.

~Amber