Eating Program Question

Challenges and trouble-shooting
adonis
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Eating Program Question

Post by adonis »

Hi All,

I am a newbie and have been reading a lot of the posts for the past three days and need some help. I see a lot about eating fruits and egg yolks, juice and raw fish(not for me). I have tried the nutrient calculator but haven't really come up with a solid daily eating routine. I am 5'7" 165 lbs and workout 3-5 times a week lifting weights. I am looking to gain weight.

I started yesterday eating bananas, salad with olive oil, brazil nuts/walnuts, strawberries, kiwi, cantalope, eqq yolks and OJ. Coming up on the first 24 hours. This is rough, but has to be done.

Can anyone recommend a daily eating regimen(what to eat and how much) from morning to night? I would be very greatful for the help being a newbie. BTW, this is for a light case of acne(6-8 whiteheads) around my mouth/chin and nose.

I went to an allergist and was tested for 42 of the most common food allergies and had no allergies at all. Milk, nuts, etc.

Also, is it olive oil going into the OJ? If so, how much per glass would I put in? Is this for digestion purposes?

Any recommendations on cleansers to wash the face?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Adonis
Monique

Re: Eating Program Question

Post by Monique »

raw fish is sashimi/sushi n very normal in japan n tastes great!!!!
never tried sushi????
i hope that u eat egg yolks raw coz if not its bad 4 acne
u need 2 find ur own routine i think coz nobody can tell @ what moment u need energy coz only ur body can tell u
wai says gaining weight u should prevent weight loss by lack of sugar in between meals
i always start wd juices n juices n juices n then banana more juices n banana more juices (i always ttake small drinks from juices) n @ nite i eat fish or yolks wd avocado n more juices
u can add as much oo as u like but more is better just dont do so much it makes u gag
d oo is 4 keeping ur blood sugar @ rite level all d time
i use rosewater 4 cleansing once a day
nick

Post by nick »

Here are some suggestions to make the diet a little easier:

Juice 2-3 liters of orange juice each night, so that you have it ready for the next day.

For me, I add one tablespoon of oil and sugar for every cup of juice. Sometimes more when I will have a busy day. However this ratio is individually different. Wai advises for every two grams of sugar that you add one gram of fat.
Type in your selection of fruit and submit it to the nutrient calculator and then you will see how many carbs are in it, then you will know how much fat to add.

Make sure to rest 1.5 hours after eating the egg yolks and always check the freshness!

I also eat some bananas and apples and other fruits depending on the price.

But you need to find what works best for you. Making my juice for the next day does make life easier.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Welcome Adonis!

Check out in "positive differences". Topic: "my experience(s)". In my last post there, I mention what I eat on a typical day.
Also if you check out "diet sugestions" on the Wai-site there ideas for what to eat during the day.
Good luck!
corinne.
"You cannot do something you don't know IF you keep on doing what you know"
F.M. Alexander
adonis

Post by adonis »

Hi all,

Thank you for the quick replies! I was so excited when I found this information I went out and stocked up on the essential foods(salads, eggs, fruit, nuts). I don't have a juicer, although will be looking into one. For now I only have OJ from the supermarket. Is this okay? It is pulp free, but is pasturized.

I have tried out the calculator but haven't locked down my eating routine yet which is why I was asking about a simple routine to help get me started so that I don't pass out while walking down the street.

I will continue to read and look forward to ridding this problem for good.

Happy New Year to you all!

Adonis
nick

Post by nick »

This is a 100% raw diet strict diet for those who are trying to rid their acne. So the supermarket juice isn't allowed. But you can drink from it and still follow the diet till you get a juicer. But you should really try to follow the diet and give it a chance. Tell us how your progess goes?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello Adonis, and welcome on the forum. :)

What do you mean by 'salads'?
adonis

Post by adonis »

Hi Oscar and Nick,

I will surely be looking into a juicer soon. I will make a trip to an all natural supermarket in the next town over to see about fresh squeezed OJ. For now I will finish this store purchased OJ and hope this does not have any adverse effect.

Oscar, by salads, I meant salad only. Lettuce with some sliced carrots in it. It is a simple salad, nothing fancy. Would any kind of leafy salad be acceptable? When I go to the supermarket there are many different types of salads(leaf types) on the shelf. Also, I buy the salad in bags. Is this okay?

My progress in the two and a half days is that my skin is not as oily already and I have one little pimple on my cheek. I have several other pimples that have not grown back in as they always have(ie: popped the whitehead, then had the whitehead come back bigger and spread). So far I am happy with the results. I must say though, I have been taking evening primrose oil tablets as this is a hormonal balancer and had not had any adverse effects on my skin yet.

My diet routine is:
Morning: Egg Yolks- 2-3
Banana- 1-2
32 Ounces of OJ with 3.5 ounces of sugar and 1.5 ounces of cold pressed olive oil

Mid Morning:
Banana- 1
Nuts- Brazil + Walnuts
Sip on the morning OJ still

Lunch:
Big bowl of salad with olive oil
Still sipping the OJ
Nuts- Brazil + Walnuts
Apple- Peeled

Mid Afternoon:
Nuts- Brazil + Walnuts
Egg Yolk- 1
Still sipping the OJ

Dinner:
Big bowl of salad with olive oil
Still sipping the OJ
Nuts- Brazil + Walnuts
Maybe another egg yolk

I work the overnight shift so I will actually be eating throughout the night too. I have a fruit salad, regular salad and eggs at work in the refrigerator that I will snack on all night. I sit at a desk alone all night so I have all the time to eat whenever.

As far as the OJ, how much should I be drinking per day? Is the sugar and olive oil per 32 ounces correct? I converted the grams to ounces and that is what I came up with.

Thanks again. Three days down and looking better already!

Adonis
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

As far as the OJ, how much should I be drinking per day?
Nobody can tell you, but your body can.
'All' you got to do, is learn to listen to your body, which takes a lot of practise.
You need to learn to know when the blood sugar level has decreased to the level that you start to feel weaker. Then you need to take some OJ. and this carries on all day, and if perfect, your blood sugar never goes up or down too much.
How much you need, depends on your activities and your basal metabolism.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think your calculation for the sugar and olive oil in the OJ comes out about right. Maybe even a tad on the high side, but if it works for you, it's fine. :)

I don't want to discourage you (yet) on the salad, because I ate salad for quite a while in the beginning, and it helped a lot, but you won't get that much out of it. :( You might want to replace it (later) with tomato/cucumber salad, avocado, or fruits instead.
If you're interested, I can explain it to you in more detail.
adonis

Post by adonis »

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the reply. I am indeed interested in your more detailed information. When you say cucumber/avacado salad, and I think I may have missed the point here, is it JUST cucumber and avacado for the salad or regular lettuce with those in it? Just clarifying as I thought it to be the latter of the salad types.

Thanks again!

Adonis
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Okidoke :)

First, you have to find out if tomato/cucumber and avocado combine well for you or not, but I did mean solely those 3 fruits (they are fruits, not veggies). You could also choose to just eat avocado.

There are a couple of problems concerning veggies.
1) The cells of plants, which contain the nutrients, have thick walls made of cellulose. Chewing does not break them, nor does our digestive system, which is not built to handle plants. It is relatively short and also our teeth aren't herbivore teeth.
2) Veggies contain quite a bit of fiber. Fiber irritates our bowels, which disturbs natural bowel movement. Fiber also creates gas (beans!).

To solve the first problem, we can heat the veggies, which has obvious disadvantages, or juice them. Juicing also gets rid of a lot of fiber.

But:
3) Plants, as a surviving organism, have a lot of natural pesticides, which aren't so healthy for us.
4) They contain substances which inhibit digestion and nutrient absorption.
5) The amount of nutrient in veggies is far less compared to those in fruit.

More info here: Plant article
adonis

Post by adonis »

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for the replies.

I have been eating regular salad as I thought that this was what was meant from my readings on the various pages(salad with avacado and tomotoe). It hasn't seemed to have any negative effect. I am on this diet for my acne. Do you think it would be okay to continue with the salads? So far it hasn't effected my face.

Also, can I eat cantelope on this diet? I bought a large fruit salad on day 1 and have been eating quite a bit of it. I didn't see it listed on the calculator.

Thanks Oscar,

AD
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If you don't feel any negative effects, and like to eat it, I would keep eating the lettuce and carrot for now. You can always decide to leave them out later. :)
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

It would be safest to avoid lettuce and carrot if you are on the sample diet.
Otherwise if you do have problems achieving the results you want, this could very well be a potential cause.

On the other hand, if you don't notice any problems with it and enjoy it, then it's probably fine to eat.

Just remember though that you aren't on the 100% strict sample diet, so your results could vary for this reason.