greasy skin that feels tight and dry HELP

Challenges and trouble-shooting
dddanielll
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

greasy skin that feels tight and dry HELP

Post by dddanielll »

hi im new to the forum and the diet, ive been doing the diet for about 2 weeks but i admit ive only been doing it the face washing part totally correctly for about a week (1st week i used a store bought cleanser called phisoderm) now ive switched too rosewater and coconut oil. Anyway my skin felt tight and dry initially when using the phisoderm the 1st week, but i switched to the rose water and coconut oil and it started to feel softer and less dry and tight, then for some reason i decided to wash it fairly vigoursly in the shower until i felt no grease (instead of using filtered water which i had been using successfully) ever since then its felt tight and dry even though ive used coconut oil everyday, my skin is oily from the oil but still feels dry. its been about 3 days since then and im worried because i think the diet was working i was getting whiteheads on my face which im still getting but to less of a degree. So do you think i well resolve itself, should i wash my face less than once a day,should i add more or less coconut oil (i add a drop to each cheek,my forehead and nose and chin) P.S. when washing my face should i try to get all the grease off or just wet it and add rosewater and oil, thnx
huntress

Post by huntress »

Hello dddanielll :)

I experience the same problem as you with the Coconut oil. Only difference is that the tightness of skin is felt along my body but not my facial skin (I apply Coconut oil from head to toe: hair, face, body). My skin would be dry and even feels prickly but there are still traces of oil on my skin. I read that Coconut oil easily absorbed into the skin but I am experiencing otherwise because my skin would itch and feel coarse from the flaky dry skin even after 3 hours of applying the oil.

I would advice against using the cleanser you bought. If you experience dryness and tightness after washing with the cleanser, it is a sign that the cleanser contains harsh chemicals that would dessicate your skin.
nick

Post by nick »

You might want to stop trying to get the grease off your face. This could aggravate your skin causing more spots.

If it gets too oily, get a kleenex and lightly blot the oil off your face, this is very easy and easy on your skin.

I would keep with the rosewater and cocunut oil. It may take some time while on the diet to notice a change in your skin, to find the balance of oilyness.

How is the diet working out for you?
dddanielll

Post by dddanielll »

thnx for the advice , the diet seems to be working, ive heard that getting a bunch of whiteheads is a good sign its taking effect (which i am getting).the only thing im doing poorly on in the diet is somedays i dont eat the full amount of fruit recomended,often i fall short about half a kilogram, could this effect my skin in anyway (more acne,dry skin,etc) or just make me lack energy and nutrients?other than that ive followed the diet perfectly.

Nick, about blotting the grease off with a kleenex, should i replace washing my face with this?and after blotting should i add more coconut oil(how much should i add and should it be all over my face or just really dry spots). I should also say i havent got any peeling in my skin, it doesnt look dry but it feels very tight and dry.

i think my problem is im adding too much coconut oil and its preventing my face from producing any sebum to moisturise itself which is why it feels so dry. id like to here some thoughts on this, thnx
nick

Post by nick »

dddanielll wrote:thnx for the advice , the diet seems to be working, ive heard that getting a bunch of whiteheads is a good sign its taking effect (which i am getting).the only thing im doing poorly on in the diet is somedays i dont eat the full amount of fruit recomended,often i fall short about half a kilogram, could this effect my skin in anyway (more acne,dry skin,etc) or just make me lack energy and nutrients?other than that ive followed the diet perfectly.
Yes, your body is getting rid of that trapped sebum. If you don't take in enough calories from the fruits and animal food, then your body will break down muscle tissue for energy and this originates protein which could pinch the sebum canals. But you will get better to listening to your body and the need for sugar. I would recommend to always juice more juice or buy more fruit just to always be sure.
Nick, about blotting the grease off with a kleenex, should i replace washing my face with this?
No, you should keep washing your face. Use water with low mineral contents. I use distilled water, the water at university is very 'minerally', which dries my face up.

and after blotting should i add more coconut oil(how much should i add and should it be all over my face or just really dry spots).
No, just once in the morning for the coconut oil. You should only blot the excessive oilyness.
I should also say i havent got any peeling in my skin, it doesnt look dry but it feels very tight and dry.
My face felt a little tighter too, perhaps from the decreased water tension. My skin even looks a little more closer to my facial bones.
i think my problem is im adding too much coconut oil and its preventing my face from producing any sebum to moisturise itself which is why it feels so dry. id like to here some thoughts on this, thnx
I noticed this too! I use to apply too much oil and I always needed more at night. And when I stopped using it, my face took a week to rebalance its natural oil level. Only use a drop or two. After six months, I need less oil, because when I wake up, it's in perfect condition. But its cold now, so I use it, ha.
dddanielll

Post by dddanielll »

thnx nick, sorry for all the questions, but i have another. when washing my face should i try to rinse all the oil off until it no longer feels greasy at all (i have to scrub quiet abit to do this) or should i just rinse my face with the water lightly and live with a little greasy residue.? thnx

PS- how long generely does it take for the all the sebum to rise from my skin?
nick

Post by nick »

dddanielll wrote:when washing my face should i try to rinse all the oil off until it no longer feels greasy at all (i have to scrub quiet abit to do this) or should i just rinse my face with the water lightly and live with a little greasy residue.?
The scrubbing can irritate your skin, I wouldn't do that at all. Just live with it, or take a kleenex and let it absorb the oil.
PS- how long generely does it take for the all the sebum to rise from my skin?
Two weeks maximally I believe. Best of Luck!
Saiva

Post by Saiva »

Hi, everyone! I'm new at this forum and this is my first post... :wink:

huntress wrote:
I read that Coconut oil easily absorbed into the skin but I am experiencing otherwise because my skin would itch and feel coarse from the flaky dry skin even after 3 hours of applying the oil.
You are right, the coconut oil absorbs slowly into the skin if you compare it to other oils(I think it's because it has mostly saturated fatty acids in it). It's a "fat/greasy" oil, you could try almond or macadamia nut oil e.t.c. since those are "drier" oils = the skin absorbs them faster.

But if you like the coconut oil, take a bath and put some coconut oil in it. When you out of the bath you will get oil on your skin, just pat dry and get dressed(so you won't get oil all over your apartment). And go to bed, in the morning your skin will have absorbed al the oil and your skin will be like silk :)

Sorry but english is not my first language, I hope it's ok :lol:

//Saiva
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Hi Saiva!

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the coconut-related tips! And don't apologise for your English, it's absolutely brilliant!

xx Carla
huntress

Post by huntress »

Hello Saiva, welcome to the forum! :D

Thank you for your answer about the coconut oil. I would LOVE to have a bath sprinkle with coconut oil but unfortunately I only have a shower :( But, I'll try applying very little coconut oil on my skin before bed and see how it works.

Oh and for a person who speaks english as a second language, you write beautifully :D
Saiva

Post by Saiva »

Thanks guys! :D

//Saiva