On fiber and diabetes

Challenges and trouble-shooting
kaB00M
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

On fiber and diabetes

Post by kaB00M »

Well, like a said before: Thank you Wai Team. My acne is almost none existent. But I still have some difficulties with the diet:

I have diabetes, and the diet haven't improved that. So, I was wondering if for my particular case it would be better to eat whole fruits (like in oranges). Some dude told me the fiber in the citrics fruits are "like fats": they make the carbohidrates combertion much slower. Its that true?
The problem I find in that statement (if is true) is that by eating the whole fruit I would get full much faster, and my glucose intake would be much lower (aka: I will get thinner that what I'm already).

Another question I have is if I should do cardio exersises. One of your theories is that cardio exercises accelerates the production of cells. Well, that exactly what I need for my pancreas cells. Once they are recovered, I could go back to a more "sedentary life", so I dont get old fast, like you mentioned.

Should I give it a try?

I need to try all posible; various sources indicates that synthetic insulin (the one i take) destroys the liver(!!!) in time.
Please clarify this...

And thank you once again.
nick

Re: On fiber and diabetes

Post by nick »

What do you eat exactly?

Did you read the diabetes article?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Originally posted by kaB00M:
I was wondering if for my particular case it would be better to eat whole fruits (like in oranges). Some dude told me the fiber in the citrics fruits are "like fats": they make the carbohidrates combertion much slower. Its that true?
Fiber makes digestion harder, and slower.
You dont need fiber to spread your uptake of glucose. All you need to do, is to spread your intake of glucose.
The problem I find in that statement (if is true) is that by eating the whole fruit I would get full much faster, and my glucose intake would be much lower
Exactly!
if I should do cardio exersises. One of your theories is that cardio exercises accelerates the production of cells. Well, that exactly what I need for my pancreas cells.
No, and that is why Nick asked you whether you have read the diabetes article.
In diabetes-2, diabetes is the result of over-burdening of the insulin system, which is not helped at all by further increases in cell- reproduction.
Once they are recovered, I could go back to a more "sedentary life", so I dont get old fast, like you mentioned.
Your body will recover (where possible) at the best rate. Stimulating your body to recover faster will only obstruct optimum recovery.
Should I give it a try?
What you should do, is to provide your blood with the energy it needs very constantly and moderately, which requires as little fiber and as many small (easy-to-digest) meals as possible.
That way the insulin system is burdened as little as possible, and maybe your pancreas may recover.
I need to try all posible; various sources indicates that synthetic insulin (the one i take) destroys the liver(!!!) in time.
Please clarify this...
Synthetic insulin will never help your pancreas to recover.
What you need is minimum burdening together no interference. Synthetic insulin will only confuse your body as to how much insulin it needs to compose by itself. It may be a big help for those who cannot produce any insulin anymore, but it certainly will not aid any recovery.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Would the diet actually help with diabetes-1 or only with diabetes-2?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes in the sense that diabetes patients need less supplementary insulin with this diet; obviously there is a lesser strain on the insulin system.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Right. Do you know if the body could (with the diet) actually regenerate the insulin-producing cells?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

That totally depends on to what extend the insulin production has been exhausted, but yes, recovery is possible to some extend, differing per individual.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Interesting. :) So what if all cells were gone, like in diabetes-1? At least, I think they're all gone then, right?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Even in diabetes-1 there may be some insulin production.
In diabetes-1 its a 'genetic defect', where as in diabetes-2 its mostly caused by habituary exhaustion. So that in diabetes-1 it is impossible to create a normal functioning insulin system.
It is true however that dependence on supplementary insulin can very well be decreased in diabetes-1, simply by reducing the need for insulin in general (by adjusting dietary habits).
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ah cool! Are you putting 'genetic defect' between quotes because it isn't sure that is the case? I don't have diabetes myself btw, but some of my friends have diabetes-1.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Just because 'genetic defect' can be interpret differently, and I don't want to pretend to know which interpretation is 'the right one'. ;)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hahaha! Thanks for your answers! :)