Social eating

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Nadia
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Social eating

Post by Nadia »

RRM ,
How do you deal with dinner invitations ? You turn them all down ?
Do you ever invite friends over for dinner at your home ?
Do you ever join friends to a restaurant ?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Wai Warrior - for autophagy - AN EXPERIMENT

Post by RRM »

Nadia wrote:How do you deal with dinner invitations ?
Dinner invitations are for social purposes; not to get you stuffed with specific foods.
As long as you are happily nibbling on something, for more than 30 minutes, you are fulfilling your part of the deal.
It is up to you that you manage to get to eat something that will give you enough to chew on, is easy to prepare, socially acceptable and fits in your diet. In my experience, the easiest choice is a bowl filled with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, raisins and nuts, and some olive oil and vinegar.
If the bowl is big enough, it will not evoke irritation that it contains nothing substantial.
It may even trigger some fun, as you are a 'big eater'. (it may be funny to see someone planning to consume the contents of a big bowl)
Do you ever invite friends over for dinner at your home ?
Sure, i usually get them some excellent Thai take away food, from a very nearby restaurant, and then i eat my own stuff while they are eating.
Do you ever join friends to a restaurant ?
Yes, you can get a salad in most restaurants, but i usually opt for a Japanese restaurant, and order a variety of raw fish.
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

So when you’re invited , you bring your own bowl of salad and make an exception to your usual juice + fish ?
You really go so far and add lettuce and nuts ??

Do you sometimes share a coffee , tea , glass of red wine ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nadia wrote:So when you’re invited , you bring your own bowl of salad and make an exception to your usual juice + fish ?
When im invited, i ask for such a bowl of salad in advance.
They always ask me what i want, knowing about my different diet.
You really go so far and add lettuce and nuts ??
That was a suggestion for you, to make it a bit more 'acceptable'.
For myself, no; then i just ask for the tomatoes, cucumber and avocado.
Do you sometimes share a coffee , tea , glass of red wine ?
No, i just drink the juice.
The last time i had a glass of wine was about 8 years ago, i think.
The last time i had an espresso must have been about 3 years ago. I couldnt sleep that night :)
The last time i drank tea must have been over 20 years ago.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:then i just ask for the tomatoes, cucumber and avocado.
Is adding a bit of salmon a bad option? Something like a salad with some shredded salmon. I think it will look presentable enough for others too ;D
RRM
Administrator

Re: Social eating

Post by RRM »

(Only) If it is raw salmon, of course.
Whether my food looks presentable to others is not my interest.
In addition, i do think that a salad containing various shades of green and red is quite presentable.
You may add some nuts (or even fruits) to create some additional colour variation.
Novidez

Re: Social eating

Post by Novidez »

RRM wrote:(Only) If it is raw salmon, of course.
Whether my food looks presentable to others is not my interest.
Raw of course! Well I totally agree with you... But when I have to still eat with my parents and seems that they have to still approve what I eat, it is very hard to just eat a "poor" meal. I said shredded salmon, because eating (frozen) Raw Salmon in front of people would be the topic of the conversation during all the meal and all over the day (and weeks...?). Shredded it kinda disguises it a bit. (whatever, now as I am writing this, I'm just thinking how sad it is to have to change the way I eat and the useless amount of effort I have to do just to feel integrated... :( )
RRM wrote:In addition, I do think that a salad containing various shades of green and red is quite presentable.
You may add some nuts (or even fruits) to create some additional colour variation.
Yeah, I did that today! It was delicious! :D (and very presentable :lol: )(regarding to the other topic) - I do want to reduce completely the fiber atm, but social situations are really unavoidable sometimes :/