Poo

Challenges and trouble-shooting
rogii
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Poo

Post by rogii »

A blunt question especially for RRM - with a diet of liquid sugar,oil,yolk,fish // no fibre.
How is your digestion? How often do you poo? How satisfactory is each elimination?

In my experience with this sort of diet it results in not going for days and when it does arrive it is like a hard clay like little textureless bullet. It never feels satisfying, feels a bit clingy / clogging. Something about it does not feel "right"....

Any comments?
RRM
Administrator

Re: POO

Post by RRM »

That depends.
Consuming mango juice (with or without banana juice), i go every morning.
Perfect stool.
Consuming OJ only (and animal food, of course), i go every 2 days.
Perfect stool.
Always satisfactory.

Digestion is perfect, unless i try to eat and drink (too) much in just one hour.
Then i start burping and feeling bloated.
So i dont do that anymore.

Are you on the Wai diet?
rogii

Post by rogii »

Interesting thanks RRM: Could you detail your actual standard daily diet - which I am assuming contains no fibre?

Why would mango juice increase stool frequency over orange juice? I have an upright masticating juicer and have done mango - it does seem a slightly thicker juice than orange, I guess maybe that is the reason.

I have been interested in the Wai diet and have been lurking for a couple years or so. I am not on the diet though no. It appeals to me but simply is not practical in my environment. Raw fish for example is never going to happen. But I have been close to the wai diet - fruit juice / sugar / olive oil / egg yolk raw / tender slow cooked meat (lamb,beef,deer). Other times I eat what my girlfriend eats : Vegan low fat clean diet - fruit,veg,starches very simple. Other times I introduce in foods that are more in line with what Ray Peat suggests which I know you disagree with - things that I enjoy - sometimes dairy, though always the most simple and fresh, normally mozzarella.

Just what I generally notice is that I need to eat a certain amount of bulk to form a decent dump so to say - whenever I eliminate the bulk, stools just seem to not be "right"...

I still do not understand how it is possible for you or anyone to be going for a number 2 daily or every other day eating what I assume is zero fibre - no residue diet - what is there to eliminate?, clearly not much food wise...

Maybe it takes time for the gut to readjust to a smaller volume? Is it possible for example that the colon stretches to accommodate a larger bulk diet over many years of life?...then with a sudden change to a low bulk diet, the colon is too big for a fast enough transport and signalling? maybe in time the colon might shrink and allow the lower residue poo to move through quicker?

In general I seem to agree with the wai diet in theory - in practice not so much, which is a shame (though I have the same opinion with most "diet" concepts -a Ray Peat type diet in some ways is similar to a wai diet are both top of my list of best diet theories // Wai vs Peat // Though I do trend to believe in your view on dairy being no good though - which for me it is the dairy that separates Peat from wai.)

OK I will stop here because the message is becoming a bit too general and off topic.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

rogii wrote:Interesting thanks RRM: Could you detail your actual standard daily diet - which I am assuming contains no fibre?
There is still some fiber in sieved juice.
My diet at this very moment is only OJ, salmon and egg yolks. (because its easy)
Why would mango juice increase stool frequency over orange juice? I have an upright masticating juicer and have done mango - it does seem a slightly thicker juice than orange, I guess maybe that is the reason.
Exactly, its thicker, containing much more micro-fibres.
Raw fish for example is never going to happen.
Why not?
I still do not understand how it is possible for you or anyone to be going for a number 2 daily or every other day eating what I assume is zero fibre - no residue diet - what is there to eliminate?
Fibre from the many litres of OJ, and connective tissue from fish.

I think your digestion (and poo) is not optimal because your diet is not optimal.
You could try the 100% Wai diet for just one month, and notice the difference.
rogii

Post by rogii »

No sugar or oil? // what quanitites of OJ - yolk - salmon? Calories and grams of protein/fat/sugar?
I do not have access to quality fish I would trust to be honest.
I will give the diet a proper go - will do slow cooked meat over the fish for now - will incorporate oil(olive - avocado) and sugar(white) and a bit of variety in my fruits juices too - orange, clementine, tangerine, pineapple, mango, grape, cherry, tomato, cucumber, avocado.
I will probably start with sugars and fat about equal as a percentage of calories as I feel more satisfied with higher fats and do not enjoy drinking/eating many litres of sugar juice. Protein @ about 1g/kg-bw , so 70g protein for me. I will start with fasting and eating just once a day @ about 1400 which is what I have been doing for a while now and seems to be ok for me. I like not eating in the morning and like going to bed after food has digested a bit and do not like waiting the whole day to eat - but that is just me. I might extend that to 2 meals a day depending on how my schedule changes.

Any thoughts?

One last question - are still 100% convinced dairy is bad for human health?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

rogii wrote:No sugar or oil?
Sorry, i forgot to mention sugar.
Lots of sugar.
About 3 L of OJ, 1 yolk, 300 grams of salmon.
I do not have access to quality fish I would trust to be honest.
Trust in what?
The bacteria / freshness, or pollutants?
Cucumber juice does not taste nice.
One last question - are still 100% convinced dairy is bad for human health?
It is meant for sucklings.
For that purpose, it contains all kinds of (growth) hormones.
Good for sucklings, not good for adults.
Milk from cows is not meant for humans.
Cow's milk contains 4 times more calcium than human milk.
Thats because animals with a shorter lifespan (cows) need to develop bones much faster than humans,
and their bones dont need to last that long.
We need to have healthy bones at old age, so we dont need to accelerate bone growth (and bone ageing) by very high calcium intakes.
rogii

Post by rogii »

Trust in what?
The bacteria / freshness, or pollutants? --- Yes, I only have access to supermarket in a small town - I do not really trust much of anything from those places...

Cucumber juice not as a staple - just for something green and fresh from time to time - it is a fruit. Isn't cucumber in your original diet plan? I thought it tastes fine as a juice much better than kale or spinach juice!

I agree about the dairy. My main concern with it is the estrogen component, that downregulates testosterone:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
Nina75

Post by Nina75 »

RRM you keep WW ? Because you say you drink mango juice every morning ? You stop Wai Warrior ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nina75 wrote:RRM you keep WW ?
Yes, im still doing WW.
you say you drink mango juice every morning ?
No, i do not.
And no, i did not say that.
I said that if i drink mango juice (in the evening) i will go to the bathroom for a poo the next morning.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

(Not wanting to open a new thread, I will use this one to talk about this subject.)

The other day (March 20), I had two bowel movements: the first one (14:30) was really sticky, the type that stains completely the toilet paper, smelly and yellow; the second one (0:30), on the Bristol Stool Chart, would correspond type 5-6. It fell almost like water.
I got a bit worried... What am I exaggerating? Sugar? Or was it a consequence of drinking Carrot Juice on the day before?

And, should I be worried about Candida overgrowth? I got a bit scared because I look at some symptoms and reading things like candida overgrowth can cause brain fog, a lack of focus, poor physical coordination, difficulty in concentrating and poor memory... This is me. It corresponds everything that I had in my entire life :(
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Ah!, and it's interesting that when I went to the Quantum therapy doctor the first thing she told me to do was to:
1. Remove Sugar, Milk, Wheat, Gluten
2. Take some supplements and probiocts
4. More fat and protein and few carbs or only low-carbs (it almost seemed like a Ketogenic Diet)
3. Detoxification (I had to take during one-two months a few drops of these homeopathic medicines everyday:

- Lymphomyosot®
100g contain: Myosotis arvebsis D3 5 g Veronica officinalis D3 5 g Teucrium scorodonia D3 5 g Pinus sylvestris D4 5 g Gentiana lutea D5 5 g Equisetum hyemale D4 5 g Sarsaparilla D6 5 g Scrophularia nodosa D3 5 g Juglans regia D3 5 g Calcium phosphoricum D12 5 g Natrium sulfuricum D4 5 g Fumaria officinalis D4 5 g Levothyroxinum D12 5 g Araneus diadematus D6 5 g Geranium robertianum D4 10 g Nasturbium officinale D4 10 g Ferrum jodatum D12 10 g.
35% alcohol

- Nux Vomica-Homaccord®
100g contain: Nux vomica D2 0,2 g Nux vomica D10 0,2 g Nux vomica D15 0,2 g Nux vomica D30 0,2 g Nux vomica D200 0,2 g Nux vomica D1000 0,2 g Bryonia cretica D2 0,2 g Bryonia cretica D6 0,2 g Bryonia cretica D10 0,2 g Bryonia cretica D15 0,2 g Bryonia cretica D30 0,2 g Bryonia cretica D200 0,2 g Bryonia cretica D1000 0,2 g Lycopodium clavatum D3 0,3 g Lycopodium clavatum D10 0,3 g Lycopodium clavatum D30 0,3 g Lycopodium clavatum D200 0,3 g Lycopodium clavatum D1000 0,3 g Citrullus colocynthis D3 0,3 g Citrullus colocynthis D10 0,3 g Citrullus colocynthis D30 0,3 g Citrullus colocynthis D200 0,3 g.
35% alcohol

- Berberis-Homaccord®
100g contain: Berberis vulgaris D2 0,4 g Berberis vulgaris D10 0,4 g Berberis vulgaris D30 0,4 g Berberis vulgaris D200 0,4 g Citrullus colocynthis D2 0,3 g Citrullus colocynthis D10 0,3 g Citrullus colocynthis D30 0,3 g Citrullus colocynthis D200 0,3 g Veratrum album D3 0,3 g Veratrum album D10 0,3 g Veratrum album D30 0,3 g Veratrum album D200 0,3 g.
35% alcohol)

Since I started Wai, I am quite doing the opposite :roll: (though I'm feeling great!)
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

I'm sorry, but since this is a important subject for me, I really want to keep some tracking about this, at least for some days.

The other day I got really scared, I must say. Maybe it was the Carrot Juice the causer, I still don't know.
However, today, March 22, I had a much better stool: soft, smooth, some crackes, but it still splits when it is falling; color yellowish; I only had to use the toilet paper 4 times to be clean.

(I know that this may be to much graphic, I apologize for that. I don't know how to share it in a more subjective way :oops:. I just want to give accurate and precise information)
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Today I'm not really happy about my bowel movement... It was even more liquid from the other day, almost about to be diarrhea. I'm really starting to wonder if instead exaggerating on Sugar, I'm exaggerating on fat... I simply don't know :(
Novidez

Poo

Post by Novidez »

March 25:
- It was once again very liquid, worse this time (type 6, I believe) :/

March 27:
- first bowel movement: more solid, but still soft and sticky, the type that stains completely the toilet paper;
- second bowel movement, soft and sticky, it dropped small pieces of poo, stained the paper. I was afraid that was going to be diarrhea, but I was wrong. Simply, it was not so liquid, I didn't poop water as the other day - type 5

I don't know... I was/am focusing the fat. I'm actually almost on a 7:1 ratio, only because I want to gain some weight (4000+ kcal). But I'm wondering if it is the amount of bananas that I'm eating lately (I'm only eating them because they are very pratical. Specially when I was in my hometown. Eating a bunch of bananas is not so strange as making (so much) OJ, lol.)
Crap, now I'm confused!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Consuming a lot of whole bananas, you consume a lot of fiber. Fiber can cause constipation, and may also cause watery poo.
Consuming little fiber, you give your bowels a break and they will probably function better.
My advice: mainly drink sieved juices.