Wai Diet for Babies

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Gavriel
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Wai Diet for Babies

Post by Gavriel »

Dear RRM,
I was moved to read that your Warrior regime was inspired by your daughter.
Well, we are both father now. My wife and I would love to feed our son a sample diet of sorts.
He will turn 4 months soon. My wife breast feeds him of course but we feel that in a month or so we could start giving him some alternatives.

I wanted to ask you to share more in detail your ideas on / experience of feeding a baby, and what do you think would be an ideal approach of transitioning from milk mother's to mixed diet.

How soon can/should one give protein?
What fruit purees would you start with?
Would you add OO / Would you add water?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Wai Diet for Babies

Post by RRM »

Congrats!
This is what we did, with all 4 kids:
First 3 months: breastfeeding exclusively
After 3 months: add egg yolks to his diet, with some vanilla sugar. Only the last one (Rose) didn't like the yolks.
After 6 months: add mango and banana juice from the slow juicer. We even used a special sieve to take out most of the remaining fiber.
Also start giving raw salmon. If the baby doesnt like it raw, warm it up in warm water (the temp that your hand can tolerate)
As of 9 motnhs old: add OJ to the mango/banana mix. Gradually increase the OJ ratio to save you time and costs.
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

Wow. Great!
Can avocado replace the mango or banana?
The vanilla sugar is to make it sweeter (taste better) without challabding their insulin, right?
For the fish they need to have all teeth out?
What about apple with OO?
Just curious..
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Gavriel wrote: Mon 06 Feb 2017 03:04 Can avocado replace the mango or banana?
At the age of 6 months, yes.
They prefer avocado from the Versapers, with most fiber eliminated.
Non of my kids like avocado mixed with other fruits,
but they did like it mixed with egg yolk.
My kids never fancied eating much avocado, unlike mango and banana
It may be because avocado contains more free glucose plus free fructose relative to sucrose.
In avocado, that ratio is 3:1
in mango, its 0.4:1
In banana, its 0.7:1
(in orange its 1.4:1)
Sucrose is more readily digested than free fructose/glucose, due to a specialized sucrose transportation system in the intestinal mucosa.
So, the banana-mango mix is most readily digested.
The vanilla sugar is to make it sweeter (taste better) without challabding their insulin, right?
Its just for making it taste better.
Sugar is only bad for you when the glycogen depots are completely filled up. (when they are not hungry anymore)
There is nothing wrong with stimulating insulin release (by amino acids and sugars).
There is nothing wrong with spiking insulin.
There is only something wrong about stimulating the release of insulin when it cannot do its job (evoking the storage of glucose as glycogen), due to completely filled up glycogen depots in the liver and muscles.
For the fish they need to have all teeth out?
No, its just that my kids did not want any fish until they were 8 months old.
The first fish they liked, was actually raw herring. The next month followed by salmon.
What about apple with OO?
Apple is too low in nutrients.
You can use it occasionally, but i wouldn't use it as their main food.
My kids never minded always eating the same banana-mango combo.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

There is nothing wrong with spiking insulin.
I found this video interesting, talking about that insulin is good for your glutathione levels:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odu4IXlhYV4&t=1438s
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Indeed.
Insulin is activated in response to an influx of dietary amino acids and glucose into the blood.
Insulin facilitates the uptake of glucose and amino acids into the liver (and muscles).
In the liver, glucose is stored as glycogen, and glutathione is made of methionine/cysteine, glutamic acid and glycine.
Thus insulin increases GSH levels. Full Free Article
Therefore, in diabetes (lower insulin), the level of glutathione (GSH) is significantly lower, which compromises your defense capacity against radicals.
Insulin also stimulates the transportation of liver-GSH to peripheral tissues.
Due to a lack of the uptake of the GHS precursors into the liver, they remain in the blood. Cystein is readily hydrolized.
Due to a lack of glycogen, which results in low blood sugar levels, these GSH percursors may be converted into energy instead of GSH.
In diabetes, the levels of these precursors is very low.

When GSH levels are very low, insulin compensates for this by stimulating the production of another powerful anti-oxidant: NADPH
Insulin does so by stimulating Glucose 6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase activity. Full Free article