Always feeling tired with muscle weakness

Challenges and trouble-shooting
MarciavD
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Always feeling tired with muscle weakness

Post by MarciavD »

Here I am again with another question / problem.

I really try to stick to 100% Wai, but every time I fail because of problems with my energy and digestion.
Most of the time I feel very tired and my muscles feel weak. Even getting up the stairs is too much on 'bad days".
I do eat plenty of fruits, sugars and protein but I also suffer from problems with digestion and different food intolerances.
I tried juicing only, but that makes me feel shaky, I tried IF but that 's no success on the long run. Maybe I don't have enough discipline, I don't
know but I do know I am turning desperate and don't know what to do anymore.

I am 1.74cm, my weight is steady around 55 kg and I eat about 2300 kcal a day and every third day (feels like refeeding-day?) about or
above 3000 kcal. I walk 4 hours a day, let's say 20 km and got back to running three times a week (5km-10km runs). Because I
don't lose weight (I even think I have too much fat instead of muscles), it seems to me I ingest enough calories and yet every day feels like an energy-struggle. When I binge-eat (not always 100% Wai because of an instinctive urge to eat everything I can get), I feel energetic for a very short while and then it disappears and I am back to nothing. It seems a circle I cannot break and I am in despair about what to do.

I am prone to acne and my skins hasn't cleared up lately, especially in my ear-area I have different inflammations (lymfe nodes?) the skin on my back isn't smooth anymore and on the upper outside of my leg are bumps.

I eat 200 gr. of salmon a day, 5 times a week. It might be too much, but I do experience a craving for it if I don't eat it.
Egg yolk is not an option due to an allergy. Sometimes I eat nuts in addition (walnuts. brazils) It seems to me I ingest enough protein.
I did get my blood tested and everything is okay. No deficiencies or other wrongs.

What am i doing wrong? What could I try to solve this problem?
I am longing to feel happy and energetic again.
MarciavD

Re: Always feeling tired with muscle weakness

Post by MarciavD »

In addition: my non Wai "binge" often consists of a lot of nuts (not 100% raw) with raisins or nutbutter / unsalted peanut butter with bananas sometimes dark chocolate and rarely something like rice.
So it's not I'm munching big-time, it's just not 100% Wai.

It's also not related to my cycle / periods as I even missed my last two...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote: Wed 28 Jun 2017 22:05 In addition: my non Wai "binge" often consists of a lot of nuts (not 100% raw) with raisins or nutbutter / unsalted peanut butter with bananas sometimes dark chocolate and rarely something like rice.
And even when binging, you still feel tired?
It's also not related to my cycle / periods as I even missed my last two...
Missing 2 periods is an indication that is something physical.
Obviously, your body does not feel capable of giving birth right now.
This may be a lack of energy, a lack of other nutrients, or too much stress.
Its telling.
So, something IS off.

Could you make a list of what exactly your diet consists off?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote: Wed 28 Jun 2017 18:01 my weight is steady ... and I eat about 2300 kcal a day and every third day (feels like refeeding-day?) about or
above 3000 kcal.
If your weight is steady, it means you need what you currently eat on a weekly basis.
Thats 6*2300 + 3000 ; that is 2400 kcal per day on average.
Currently, on 6 days per week, you are lacking 100 kcal, which may be at the expense of your glycogen depots.
Whereas on your binge day, the excess 600 kcal may be stored as bodyfat.
So, solely by consuming 2400 kcal per day consistently, you may already feel more energetic.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

And even when binging, you still feel tired?
I feel an improvement for a short while (as long as I am eating and maybe one hour after) and then it disappears and I feel sluggish
and not energetic (due to overeating?).
This may be a lack of energy, a lack of other nutrients, or too much stress.
I do experience a lot of stress as a result of not feeling well, also as a result of not seeming to be able to maintain the diet and
not seeing the results I wish to see (which is, of course, a result of not maintaining the diet). So I guess a pretty vicious circle I really
don't know how to break.

An example day is like: (I don't eat the same every day.. that would be ideal, but I find it very hard and these binge-days don't help with finding stability). But, an example:

1000 ml orange juice
6 -8 large banana, mashed with OO & sugar
1 -2 avocado (with the banana or as a salad with tomato)
200 - 250 gr wildcaught salmon
raisins / dates with nuts and 25 gr dark chocolate
other fresh fruits if available (cantaloupe, mango or apricots)

I do drink coffee (1-2 in the morning)

I also think my body can't handle sugar very well. I do experience a lot of spikes in blood sugar (feeling shaky / not able to concentrate /
weak legs, etc). It feels like I need more 'steady energy' but I don't seem to be able to manage it.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote: Thu 06 Jul 2017 14:35 I do experience a lot of spikes in blood sugar (feeling shaky / not able to concentrate /
weak legs, etc).
That may actually be due to the opposite; blood-sugar lows.
After you consume food, 30% of your available energy goes to the digestion of food.
That is why eating may cause a feeling of lethargy.
Can you distinguish between the effects of drinking OJ and eating whole fruits?
It feels like I need more 'steady energy' but I don't seem to be able to manage it.
That may be accurate.
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

I've changed my diet completely since one week.
I cook (yes.. cook) a traditional Ayuverdic dish, which consists of a mix of rice and beans (mung beans) with different vegetables and a mix of herbs.
It's called Kitchari and is famous for healing the gut (and many other things). It is the only thing I eat, so I eat a whole cooking pot during the day.
After two days my skin started clearing up, even though I eat up to 80 gr of (dirty) protein, coming from the rice and beans.
The results are amazing.. after just one week no more highs and lows in bloodsugar, smooth skin, no more inflammations and no more hunger pangs and no more cravings whatsoever.. AND no more diarrhea, in fact I have perfect stools now.
I can eat normal amount of food, 2000-2200 kcal, my sleep is sound, mood is stable, and so on..
Muscles aren't tired anymore and yesterday I ran 10 km in 58 minutes, effortless.
I planned to do this for 40 days.

I do believe Wai is the most healthy diet, but it simply doesn't work for me. Is that possible?
This does work on many aspects of my life and I look better than ever before.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Obviously, you did have issues with the foods you consumed.
It may have been one specific food, or multiple.
I guess we will never know.
Good luck!
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

I don't know.
After six days my energy dropped again and inflammation is coming back with, of course, a lot of troubles in digestion. I hope I find out what it is someday and I can come back to Wai.. I re-introduced fruits and avocado.
If you have any tips to discover what's wrong with me (my digestive system), let me know! I am willing to try everything...
bravenewfictor

Post by bravenewfictor »

Try a fast? In my experience, it can work wonders for digestive issues, and it might lower systemic inflammation through several pathways. If it seems to help, maybe the Wai Warrior approach can work for you?
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

the Wai Warrior approach can work for you?
I wanted to eat regular Wai succesfully before switching to Warrior. Fasting / warrior indeed works for a while, and I have to say I feel best not eating at all, but I don't seem to be able to stick to it. I now think it might be because of a lack of fat. Maybe my sugar-fat ratio is far out of line with my needs and that 's why my energy is so unstable? I have to admit I hardly ever used oil.
I think I have to give WW a second chance, adding enough oil to my juices..

Two days on Wai without nuts / yolks / fish or meat and my face is clearing up already. (skin more soft and smooth)
My belly is pretty swollen though (I eat whole fruits), tomorrow is 'juicing-WW' day!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thats great
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

I am very curious how long it takes for my body to accept there will be no fiber consumed.
Sometimes it's like there is a need for filling my stomach / bowels and it hurts if they're "empty".

Other thing: I am not sure what's the best eating window (how many hours) for me as a woman.
If I drink enough juice (let's say 2 ltr) with oil and some raw salmon : I would not lack anything?
Sometimes it's so hard to believe that's everything a body needs! (because everybody is telling me to eat more
different kind of foods)

I hope I can be successful this time!
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Day 1 is succesfull! Yes!
Not tired during the day and no problems with muscles or mood (feeling so much lighter and happier) so far. Little bit feeling hungry, but not out of control and I was able to work, walk and do all kinds of things in my house. Tomorrow day 2, repeating todays regime..
Motivation is growing! :D
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

Still going "warrior" and the increase of energy is great! Even after meals, there is no (big) drop in energy.
Sometimes I struggle with feelings of (stomach) hunger in the morning and around noon, but I hope my body will get used to this new regime soon. I first planned to start eating at 17h, but now I try to eat from 14-20h. That seems to fit and is doable for now. I have to say I do experience tiredness in my legs when I go for a walk in the morning, but that might be because of not eating enough (sugars) the night before. Still learning...