Reaction to Farm-raised Salmon

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Thomas
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Reaction to Farm-raised Salmon

Post by Thomas »

Whenever I eat fresh raw farm-raised salmon I feel neaseous afterwards. Unforunately, I NEED the long-chain omega 3s (consuming only yolks doesn't do it for me).

What other options do I have? In the past I have consumed previously frozen wild salmon, but I am not willing to eat fresh wild salmon.

Another problem is that it is hit and miss with sushi restaurants even if they tell you the salmon is wild (it often isn't).

Any ideas?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Can you get fresh mackerel?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

No
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Bluefin Tuna and Albacore Tuna also have quite a bit of the Omega-3s, and you can usually get them not previously frozen because the parasites they could carry are easily seen and disposed of. Here is a link to a list of different fish and their fat content, and how much of that is the Omega-3 fats: http://health.ivillage.com/eating/enutr ... 4l,00.html
Also, I don't know the particular reason you're on Wai's diet, but you could try Cod Liver Oil if you're really hurting for a good source of Omega-3s, and see if it makes you break out/feel sluggish or anything.

Take care,
Amber
RRM
Administrator

Re: Reaction to Farm-raised Salmon

Post by RRM »

Thomas wrote:Whenever I eat fresh raw farm-raised salmon I feel neaseous afterwards.
Yes, more people share your experience. Wai also can maximally eat salmon once a week, for the same reason. (luckily this is no issue for me) She mainly eats lots of yolks, and she preferably eats fruits relatively high in omega-3, such as strawberries, muskmelon, banana, OJ and mango.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Yes. Wai seems to be a lot like me.

My daily diet consists of only those fruits relatively high in omega 3, along with yolks and fish.

I feel great, and my only problem is finding a way to avoid poorly ripened fruits that damage my teeth.