Oil trouble

Challenges and trouble-shooting
RickRo
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Oil trouble

Post by RickRo »

I've been on this diet for several days now. I'm on it because, basically, I can't eat any other way. I've had severe digestive problems going on for over 20 years now, and I can hardly eat anything anymore. But I've been able to do this--so far--fairly well. Juice with oil and sugar, and some egg yolks. There is one thing going on that I need help with. I started out putting the recommended amount of oil and sugar into the juice. But I was having a problem with getting sick of the sweet taste. I read a post from someone else who had the same problem, and the recommendation was to increase protein and fat, which I did, and that worked. I ended up increasing the oil to a carb-oil ratio of about 1:1; that was how much it took to be able to swallow it (one of my big symptoms is having trouble swallowing stuff). Throughout my history of eating difficulties, tolerating fats has most always been my biggest problem. So I've been pretty fat-starved for quite a long time. So I didn't balk at adding this much oil--actually, I'm kind of amazed that I can do it. But it does tend to limit the amount I can drink.

But then the difficulty tolerating the sweet taste came back. I decided to try coconut oil. Well, I found that it took far less of that to be able to swallow the juice, and also it made me feel good (not surprising--I've seen many times that I feel better with saturated fats, if I can digest them). But also, I could only tolerate a limited amount of it. That was yesterday, and today my digestive problems with the coconut oil have increased to the point that I've cut way back.

So I've gone back to mostly olive oil and avocado oil, but I'm wondering about other sources of saturated fat. I've thought of red palm oil, and maybe even ghee. Also, maybe refined coconut oil would work better than unrefined. How would those three work within this diet? Any other suggestions/thoughts?
RickRo

Re: Oil trouble

Post by RickRo »

Update: Refined coconut oil is working so far.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Oil trouble

Post by RRM »

Welcome, RickRo,
Great that the refined coconut oil works good for you for now.
Please keep us updated.