Heart Burn

Challenges and trouble-shooting
harlotsdance
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Heart Burn

Post by harlotsdance »

I dont think the juice or fruit thing will work for me. I get heartburn from most juices. I also have the hardest time digesting apples. what to do?
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Try drinking the juice slowly - small sips at a time, rather than large gulps.

Also, perhaps peel your apples (with a vegetable peeler, not a knife, so that not too much of the fruit is lost) - the reduced fibre may aid digestion.

Take care,
James
x
nick

Post by nick »

Make sure they are ripe! This is essential or your body won't like it.
harlotsdance

so drinking it slow

Post by harlotsdance »

drinking it slower helps? I dont know. cause i get the heartburn way later in the day after i drink it like 2 to 3 hours later.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Hmm...have you, in the past, gotten heartburn from fresh juices or have they always been pastuerized? That could be a cause, because I think fresh juices would digest rather quickly and not be bothering you a few hours later, but I'm not sure. Have you drank juices on an empty stomach, or with meals? If it's with meals, it may be whatever else you eat it with - like it may be a food combining type of error. You don't need to answer these questions, unless you want to :) I was just brainstorming about what it could be. I hope you're able to figure it out, because the juices are soo delicious! :D

~Amber
nick

Re: so drinking it slow

Post by nick »

harlotsdance wrote:drinking it slower helps? I dont know. cause i get the heartburn way later in the day after i drink it like 2 to 3 hours later.
I notice that 3-4 hours later depending on how hot the room temperature is, the juice will get warm and taste different. I notice that if I keep drinking from it that I get heartburn. This could be the problem if you drink it from the same bottle for the length of time.
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

I've been on the (almost) strick diet for two weeks and I tried some pasteurized OJ yesterday, and a couple of hours later I had a horrible stomach ache. This has never happened before. I've enjoyed all kinds of fresh fruit juices on this diet, so I guess my body got more sensitive to the non-raw juice. Or they could have used non-ripe fruit also. harlotsdance, have you tried the raw juices? Apples have a lot of fiber - juice them or at least peel them, like James said.
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
harlotsdance

Post by harlotsdance »

would odowalla be considered raw juice. or do you have to juice it yourself. most fruits give me heartburn.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Do you add sufficient oil to the juices?
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

harlotsdance wrote:would odowalla be considered raw juice. or do you have to juice it yourself.
Odwalla is pasteurized, and therefore not raw. Yeah, you can either juice it yourself (My fiance just got one of those Cuisinart electric citrus juicers, and I'm loving it!:)) or buy from a juice bar where they juice the oranges right there - no heat applied. That could be the problem - raw juices are easier to digest because all the enzymes and other cofactors aren't heated to death. Plus, the taste is amazing! :)

~Amber
Corinne

Heart Burn/throat burn?

Post by Corinne »

Lately I've been experiencing a warmth or heating in my throat which is at it's strongest right after eating (no matter if fruit or fish or OJ). It's also increased for a few seconds when I burp...
My hunch is that it's the OO somehow. It's the only thing I consistently eat with fruit, oj and fish...
The feeling is like heartburn except it's not located in the chest area but only the throat.
Any ideas? Has this happened to others?
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Hi Corinne,

Yes, I've had this exact same experience. For me, the 'heating' sensation extends right from the pit of my stomach up toward my throat. In my case it also seems to be the olive oil that is the only possible culprit. (And I was consuming extremely high quality olive oil too!) The reason I've come to this conclusion is that I've since changed (in the last week or so) to virgin coconut oil as my main source of fat - not only have I lost some more weight, but my skin is better than ever and I no longer have the acid reflux problem.
Perhaps you could try this for a while?
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Thanks CurlyGirl. I'll try.
How does the coconut oil disolve in OJ? Coconut oil is only liquid at around 20 or 25 degrees celcius. I have some but I use it usually for my skin. Do you warm it up a bit before mixing then?
Also it could be the oranges... at the same time that I changed OO (because the one I usually get wasn't availlable) I got a very acidic variety of oranges so now I also think it could be combination of both! But i still mainly think it's the OO... since I changed brands I've been getting this heating feeling.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Yes, I do warm the coconut oil up a little first (just put the jar in some warm water), and strangely enough, some chemical property of the orange juice just seems to keep the oil suspended nicely without re-solidifying. Don't know if it's just my luck or the brand of virgin coconut oil I use (it's Biona Organic)... but it's very drinkable and it tastes delicious.