cooked meat and digestion

Challenges and trouble-shooting
kylecortez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

cooked meat and digestion

Post by kylecortez »

What's this whole thing about cooked meat backing up digestion. I've heard stories of people having pounds of undigested meat in their colons. Just how bad is cooked meat for digestion? How bad is cooked meat for health in general? What about the spiritual component of meat. Does anyone believe that it is detrimental to spiritual energy of the body
Oscar
Administrator

Re: cooked meat and digestion

Post by Oscar »

Originally posted by Kyle Cortez:
Just how bad is cooked meat for digestion? How bad is cooked meat for health in general?
Cooking article
Originally posted by Kyle Cortez:
What about the spiritual component of meat. Does anyone believe that it is detrimental to spiritual energy of the body
Not in my opinion.
Brahmaloka

Post by Brahmaloka »

It paralyzes your digestion. Those who eat it need balancing foods to keep them going. That is
lots of fiber or protease enzymes from supplements(papain/bromelaine/actinidin) or fruits (kiwis, papaya, pineapples).

It also makes your brain unpredictable (from mad to just unhappy).

I think egg yolks/raw fish are better than raw meat (taste better) but if you cannot get raw fish then raw meat is OK. Cooked meat is poison.
Brahmz :)
www.ibsexplained.com
Maleko

Post by Maleko »

Lighting animal meat on fire and then eating it, makes no sense. Gray meat really doesn't taste that good, which is why people have to put salt and salty sauces all over it, to make it palatable. In fact, the gray chewiness is quite repulsive to me now. Fresh raw Ahi and salmon, and even fresh raw grass fed beef, melts in your mouth, and it is light on the digestive system, and it is naturally lightly salty.

re: the spirituality issue. I dont see that a monkey eating an ant is harming its spritual energy. Nor does it harm us. However I do think torturing animals will eventually bite humans it the butt, so that i take issue with. Mother nature will definitely fight back and rebalance that equation.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

For those who don't know - I had to google it - Ahi is yellowfin tuna. :)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

I agree with Maleko, in that killing an animal to eat (in order to survive) is not a necessarily 'evil' act, but we will eventually feel the 'spiritual' or other repercussions from killing an animal that has been tortured by living in awful conditions, taken away from its mother at birth and raised away from sunlight in a tiny pen, fattened up on food that is not biologically appropriate for it - i.e. feeding grains to cattle, etc.

My problem with eating fish on Wai's diet (even raw fish) is that the world's fisheries are being dramatically depleted and we are doing irreparable damage to the last sustainable stocks of fish (especially tuna and salmon) that remain on this planet. My other problem with eating fish is that the oceans are becoming so polluted with heavy metals (especially mercury and cadmium from industrial effluent) and oestrogen-mimicking chemicals (like PCBs - polychlorinated biphenyls - and BFRs - bromelated flame-retardants), and all those chemicals get stored in the livers and fat cells of all the fish we eat, and enter our bodies, where they disrupt our endocrine (hormone) systems. Heavy metals like mercury are also responsible for diseases like ME (chronic fatigue - mercury suppresses the immune system) and Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, etc (metals cross the blood-brain barrier and disrupt the central nervous system).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Allthough it also affects you and me, of course, I think its a good thing that our abuse of nature/animals is backfiring at us. The backfiring is the only thing that may stops us.

I always buy hatchery salmon. Its waters are controlled (for heavy metals, PCBs etc) and eating hatchery salmon doesnt deplete natural fish stocks.
Yes, their feedings contain antibiotics etc, but to me hatchery salmon (and egg yolks) seems the best choice.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

RRM, thanks for your post. I have one question though, that is, how do you tell whether it's hatchery salmon or not? Can you get organic hatchery salmon, or is that a contradiction in terms?