sick stomach

Challenges and trouble-shooting
nick
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

sick stomach & unripe fruits

Post by nick »

does anyone ever get a sick to the stomach feeling while on this diet? I seem to get it like rarely. I seem to feel like throwing up. I don't want to eat anything. It only lasts for about 20-30 minutes. I drank OJ with oil and sugar, is the only thing I have eaten so far today. Maybe it could be that. Maybe some yolks will fix it.
Monique

Re: sick stomach

Post by Monique »

i get that when d oranges are unripe or bitter
nick

Post by nick »

ahhh

that makes perfect sense!

Thanks
nick

Post by nick »

i had just bought some apples and wanted to eat them. i did, and then after eating them i felt really sick. i don't think it was ripe and i vomited. i felt so good afterwards.

i never knew you could feel that horrible from eating something unripe.
BlueFrog

Post by BlueFrog »

Aww, Nick. That sounds awful. I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time.
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
nick

Post by nick »

I have been on the diet for a month, and everything else is fine. I just should have made sure it was ripe. Oh well, now I know.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

You are surprisingly sensitive to the substances that need to keep you from eating unripe fruits!
Maybe your stomach has been hurt in the past?
Did you take any medication?
nick

Post by nick »

Umm, no. I have only taken antibiotics but that was like 4 months ago! Otherwise nothing else.

However, I did notice when I would drink too much beer when in college, I would have terrible hang-overs. My stomach would hurt so bad. So that is the only thing that can be a problem.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ah, aldehydes!
You probably are very much sensitive to aldehydes, which would explain that.
harlotsdance

stomach

Post by harlotsdance »

this morning i tryed this diet for the first time. i started off with orange juice olive oil and a raw egg together. I felt like i was going to puke a few times. NOw the thoought of drinking this again might be a really big challange. did i do it right? does it get better?
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

I'm not entirely sure, but I seem to recall reading that egg yolks do not combine terribly well with fruits, particularly citrus, acidic-like oranges.

Egg yolks with mashed bananas on the other hand; now that's a champion combination!

Take care,
James
x
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Hello :) If I remember correctly, this is actually a recommended combination - I know I have OJ with egg yolks every day and it agrees very well with me. Perhaps you began too quickly with the yolks? Are you used to eating raw yolks? Wai says some people may need to start with .5 teaspoons and work their way up to adjust to the small amount of bacteria naturally present in the eggs. Just keep that in mind - I'm sure you will figure it all out :) Also, some people may get sick feeling if the oranges aren't completely ripe.

~Amber
slea

Post by slea »

If I get too much olive oil the same thing happens to me. Just try drinking it with the oj and eggs only. Also, try mixing some saliva with the drink before you swallow to get some digestive juices going to help with digestion. I read in one forum that I go to that you should "chew" your liquids and "liquify" your foods.
tjfillion

Post by tjfillion »

So what's a good way to tell if oranges are ripe? I read that they do not ripen anymore after they are picked, and that an orange should be sort of squishy. This would mean to never buy a firm orange because it will never soften. Is this true?

I'm having the sick stomach problem too and I'm hoping the oranges are the problem.

Thanks,
Tim
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmm, in my experience they do ripen a bit and get softer.

>>> VIEW THE NEXT PAGE >>>