Morning sickness

Challenges and trouble-shooting
jjah
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Morning sickness

Post by jjah »

I have morning sickness and am having trouble keeping food down. Can I just juice everything, including the salads and just drink my foods rather than chewing/eating/digesting? Does the body digest juices?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Morning sickness

Post by RRM »

Originally posted by jamiejo:
I have morning sickness and am having trouble keeping food down. Can I just juice everything, including the salads and just drink my foods rather than chewing/eating/digesting?
Its better not to juice stuff that isnt so easy to digest (like salads) because chewing also has a function; it adds enzymes to the food for digestion.
But, if you use a juicer that separates the pulp from the juice, its no problem, because then you don't need to chew because you dont ingest what needs to be chewed.
Does the body digest juices?
Absolutely. That's why people drink juices.
If the body wouldnt digest juices, drinking juices would not supply us with any nutrients / energy.
But, juices from the mixer / blender, from food that isnt so easy to digest, like salads, are not so easy to digest, and its therefore better to eat salads by chewing them first.

BTW: you dont need to eat salads if you dont feel like doing so; the same nutrients are also present in juices such as OJ.