Tinea Pedis (Athlete's foot) and Tinea unguium (nail fungus)

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Corinne
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Tinea Pedis (Athlete's foot) and Tinea unguium (nail fungus)

Post by Corinne »

Sorry for confusing the (fungus) topics but Athlete's foot and toenail fungus is what I have and why I am concerned about adapting my diet to help my body fight off these infections.
They also respond to sugar, right?
So far I have reduced my general sugar intake and increased my fat intake but as you said RRM it is really hard to "know" you fatty levels. In the first days I was often tired/weak and prefer to live with the fungus than feel weak...But I still hope I can do something about it!
After some days I've finally gotten into new habits of eating much more often and small amounts with oil, as well as sipping OJ without the sugar and more oil! It's hard on my throat though and coconut oil doesn't blend with OJ in our cold northern country!
Do you have any other suggestions on balancing my energy intakes for further stability and comfort?
rischott

Post by rischott »

What kind of shoes/socks do you wear?
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Well I live in cold and damp holland (most of the year!) and have to wear closed shoes. My socks are cotton and my shoes leather though...
I try to go around bare foot inside if it's not too cold!
The condition usually gets worse though in the summer with the heat even if I wear open shoes...
RRM
Administrator

Re: Tinea Pedis (Athlete's foot) and Tinea unguium (nail fun

Post by RRM »

Corinne wrote:..Athlete's foot and toenail fungus...
They also respond to sugar, right?
Yes, they both feed on glucose.
I still hope I can do something about it!
Living in a different (warm and dry) country is not an issue, I guess, so maybe you might consider asking your Dr for a cream?
There are many different creams, and it seems that Naftinfine hydrochloride cream is quite effective for Athlete's foot, for example.
Its individually very different what cream is most effective, so trying a few may be the right way... (unless you dont want 'anything chemical' of course)
Do you have any other suggestions on balancing my energy intakes for further stability and comfort?
Nuts are perfect; you can take them along anywhere and you can nibble on them all day, with some raisins, for example.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Hey Amber - who would've thought, cheap vinegar cures fungal infections?! Thanks for the link.
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

You're welcome :) I've never needed to try it, but I thought I'd share it in case it works. Guess I should've put some sort of explanation by the link - sorry about that, guys (and girls;))

~Amber
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Wow! So simple! Thanks!
I'm going to start today! I guess the difficulty ogf the treatment is that you cannot miss one day (or night!) That'll be a challenge!

:wink: