OK to eat same foods every day?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Jason
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

OK to eat same foods every day?

Post by Jason »

Every morning I prepare a container containing a relatively equal proportion of the following raw fruits and nuts (organic when available).

- Walnuts
- Almonds
- Cashews
- Pecans
- Brazil Nuts

- Prunes
- Apricots
- Strawberries (Dried)
- Dates
- Figs

When I feel hungry I simply graze from this fruit/nut container. Additionally, I eat three or four apples, one or two bananas, a tomato, and three or four raw egg yolks every day. I usually swallow a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil after eating fruit. I also take a vitamin/mineral supplement (Centrum) once or twice a week along with a fish oil supplement just in case I am missing something. I don’t eat or drink anything other than this and plenty of water.

I have been eating this exact same food combination for many months now and am completely healthy as far as I can tell. It seems to be along the lines of Wai’s recommendations, but it’s the same thing every day and I’m not sure if this is a problem or not. Does anyone see anything wrong with this?

Thanks.

Jason
Corinne

Re: OK to eat same foods every day?

Post by Corinne »

Hi Jason,
I have been eating this exact same food combination for many months now and am completely healthy as far as I can tell. It seems to be along the lines of Wai’s recommendations, but it’s the same thing every day and I’m not sure if this is a problem or not. Does anyone see anything wrong with this?
Most people on the Wai way/diet eat the same foods every day and yes this is fine. If you're not tired of them great! Personally I crave my daily bananas!
I also take a vitamin/mineral supplement (Centrum) once or twice a week along with a fish oil supplement just in case I am missing something. I don’t eat or drink anything other than this and plenty of water.
Normally if you are precisely following Wai's recommendations it is not necessary to take any supplements and it may be harmfull(check out the site for exact reasons). You get everything you need from the raw fruits, oil and raw protein (egg yolks and fish)...even enough water (from fruits)!

You might want to check out your nuts because if you are not shelling them yourself they are not raw. Cashew nuts are impossible to find raw.

Good Luck!
"You cannot do something you don't know IF you keep on doing what you know"
F.M. Alexander
Oscar
Administrator

Re: OK to eat same foods every day?

Post by Oscar »

Welcome on the board, Jason :)

I think Corinne has some valid points there, concerning the nuts and supplements. Personally I would at least dump the cashews, and get rid of the supplements and eat some raw fish instead.

If you're at any time unsure about your diet, submit it to the nutrient calculator.
Lukkiwun

Post by Lukkiwun »

I also eat much the same most of the time.breakfast one pineappleabout 700G about 20G nuts of varius types mostly macs,1cup green tea.Mid morn large mango or 3 or4 bananas.lunch salad and 4 lge egg yolks, organic cocoa or green tea.mid afternoon large piece of fruit late afternoon the same+ a few nuts.Night, salad,about 80G raw fish red meat liver or fish, glass of red wine or chamomile tea.I am a 70 year old endurance athlete who works in a fairly active job & does a 40 minute run 3 nights a week and a much longer run on weekends.About 4 of my 42 meals a week I eat out & eat anything & have a few beers or red wines.This regime works very well 4 me & is very sustainable.The meals I eat are rather large, fit into my work schedule and I dont often get hungry.I am very slim a lot stronger than I look& have great endurance
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jason, actually I doubt whether all those nuts (cashews, pecans) are really all raw... :(