good for body, what about for mind

Challenges and trouble-shooting
kylecortez
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

good for body, what about for mind

Post by kylecortez »

The strange thing about this diet is the following. When we are talking about the body, this diet has absolutley everything the human body needs; i can't dispute that at all. In fact, it's one of the most nutritious diets I've sever seen. Not only does it have everything the body needs, it also completley limits detrimental substances.

But as for the mind, it seems to me to be so deprivational to follow such a diet. I'm sure if anyone knew I ate like this they would say I'm crazy. I can't help but think I will be deprived. I also have a fear in the back of mind like I'll waste away if i eat like this. All the foods I've grown up with, cultural foods, foods offered by others, none of them are on this diet. It's like i'm flat out rejecting what everyone else eats.

When it comes down to it, food is really just for the body and not so much our sense of self. Most of us eat for our sense of selves and that is why we will go out and eat all sorts of foods, tasty, addicting foods, and that is what will get us in trouble. Is it my addiciton to all of the prevalent foods of society (wheat products, meat, desserts, etc...) that are preventing me from accepting this diet? Is it necessary for me to shift the paradigm that foods are for nuruturing the body, not your sense of self? Thanks
-Kyle
Oscar
Administrator

Re: good for body, what about for mind

Post by Oscar »

I think it's probably both. In my experience, and of course reinforced by the people around me who are not on the diet, I did miss and crave cooked (warm) foods in the beginning. Both the addiction and the social-cultural aspect played their part here. Since we (my girlfriend and I) started on a 'normal' raw diet, we tried to keep as much as we could from the social aspect, by trying to simulate 'cooked' food (behavior) with raw food. This of course didn't really work, since you're hungry far more often than the usual '3 meals a day'. It was also necessary to 'give in' to the addiction/cravings by eating some munchfood from time to time, which actually helped the process of getting rid of it, because your taste buds (and body) become more sensitive, and you start to taste that cooked foods aren't as good as they've always seem. With the addiction gone and getting on the Wai diet, there is no way of going back. Even if meals are less social, and food is now 'just' to nurture the body, every bite or sip is joy and tastes great.
nick

Post by nick »

Kyle,

We all respond differently to the same addictions of cooked food. It takes a lot of personal time asking yourself those questions and what you think about them and how do other people think about your new diet. The relationship between what everyone else does and then what you do, in respect to the Wai diet is challenging. Sometimes it can make you feel like an outcast to some degree.

This diet is even more of a challenge because no one has heard of it, especially the parts about adding olive oil and eating raw yolks. Strangely enough people don't make fun of me for doing it. The hard part is when they are eating and your sitting there with some fruit. Getting over the addiction to cooked food is hard and sticking with the diet can make you wanna quit, but once you figure it out, its perfect.

It is hard to watch other people enjoy the tastes of cooked food, but once on the diet you know what your body wants and its easy to see the eating for your sense of self isn't as satisfying than eating for your body and mind! I think if I ate some cooked food, I would choose wisely and probably enjoy the taste of it tenfold more than that of someone who hasn't followed this diet.
kylecortez

Post by kylecortez »

i am pretty overweight right now and have a had an addiction to food my whole life. im not like really fat, just a significant belly that ive been trying to shake for years now. To justify my addiction to food, i simply began a weight training habit in which the more food, the better! pretty clever. but the cleverness caught up with me. i don't want to train anymore beacause it makes my appetite insane. nor could i train like this if i switch to the wai diet.

so basically with all the exercise and all of the use of addicting foods, i eat alot now. it seems like if i did the wai diet, id be starving myself compared to what i eat now. but i think with stopping the intense exercise along with stopping the use of addicting foods, im going to need alot less food. its hard to grap that because of my high food intake right now. im sure this diet wont make me waste away, right? im just having alot of trouble right now accepting it because itll be so difficult switching over
nick

Post by nick »

It will be difficult at first when trying to figure everything out, but so incredibly worth it!

You will be always eating on this diet also. If you make fresh orange juice, then you will be sipping liters of it every five minutes. You also can make a huge fruit salad everyday and eat small meals from it hourly or so or your favorite fruits instead. Eating the fresh egg yolks and sashimi is extremely satisfying in a different way than cooked food.

You will not waste away as long as you follow the diet correctly, meaning that you should definitely ask us questions, but only after checking the previous Q & A board.

The hardest part for me was to figure out when to eat and listening to my body when it needed the energy. Walking daily will help you lose weight. Since you're losing weight, you can easily eat some munchfood recipes after having an hour walk.

As long as you keep your sugar level stable you won't break down muscle tissue. And as long as you keep taking in sufficient energy you won't waste away, but the fat will burn away.

It is expensive, but great health is priceless. If you do try the diet, keep us updated. Best of luck!
Maleko

Post by Maleko »

My diet was pretty similar to the Wai diet before I started, but a couple differences, now I eat way less fiber, and I dont drink vegetable juices. In just a couple weeks, my tummy has become super flat. I feel like my abdomen area was really sluggish before, like it was using up alot of energy.

I still juice alot now, but I juice peeled apples and cucumbers, 1 cuke and 1 apple per serving.

Before I was often eating fruit alone, without fat, now I rarely do. I dont seem to hit any lows now at all. Everything about this diet makes sense to me, I have been moving closer and closer to this diet for years, I just had one or two missing pieces. Thanks everyone!!