Sugar 'addiction' & Candida

Challenges and trouble-shooting
huntress
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by huntress »

This is not sugar addicition, but the result of sugar overdosing, and is resolved by taking in lots of small amounts of sugar all the time, instead of more sugar in one setting.
I've tried taking small amounts of sugar too, but my need for for fruits is empowering me that I can ingest up to 3 apples and 1 honeydew at one sitting.
This all relates to candida.
I thought you said it isn't possible to get candida overgrowth if one doesn't ingest antibiotics? Well, I am not on any kinds of drugs what so ever for 14 years. How is this possible then?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Hi Huntress,

Go to curezone and look up juice fasting. You can get candida without the use of antibiotics. Yeasts feed on sugar and if you change your balance in favor of the yeast you already have, candida tips the scale.
My doctor gave me the best advice on this subject. He said that to address Candida, you must address food allergies that inflame the colon. He told me not to eat anything with sugar and after ordering up a food allergy blood test, told me not to eat anything on the allergy list. I cut down fruit to one serving per day. Fruit juice was completely out since it contains concentrated fructose which is even worse than table sugar.

I strongly suspect the reason for the conflicting food advice is that different people are allergic to different things. I strongly believe that a very important factor in my recovery was the elimination of foods that I am allergic to from my diet.

I suffered from a yeast infection for two years back in the late 80's. Trying everything my Doctor prescribed. Back then, the remedies weren't over the counter either and the $ added up. Then a friend told me of the housewives cure of plain yogurt. That sounded too simple and the Doctor never once mentioned it to me. But I was willing to try anything. My Doctor did say, I may never be free of it. It took one week, give or take a couple of days to be free.

Best wishes,

Avalon
huntress

Post by huntress »

Thanks for the tip avalon. I'll definitely give it a try.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Which tip? If you are refering to the yogurt, check out this site.

http://www.fwhc.org/health/yeast.htm
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

huntress wrote:I've tried taking small amounts of sugar too, but my need for for fruits is empowering me that I can ingest up to 3 apples and 1 honeydew at one sitting.
Then you need to learn to listen to your body's direct need for energy in the blood. Once you've learned that, you will never overdose.
I thought you said it isn't possible to get candida overgrowth if one doesn't ingest antibiotics?
When did I say that?
huntress

Post by huntress »

When did I say that?
In the old board. Under 'Diet in General' subtopic: sugar & Candida Overgrowth.
Taking antibiotics is all that is needed to cause candida.
Sugars then supply the candida with the energy that it needs to grow.
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

Consuming lots of sugars does not cause Candida overgrowth, simply because our defense system regulates the growth of all bacteria; it maintains the right balance, unless you weaken it by the intake of antibiotics.
Also Wai said this.

Huntress, have you tried eating fat with the fruit? Like perhaps cut up fruit in a bowl with olive oil drizzled on top, or dipping fruit in olive oil, or spooning solid coconut oil on a banana? This makes the fruit taste slightly less good in my opinion (except for the coconut/banana combo - yum!), but it's more satisfying and might not cause as much overeating. Or (if you're not too active), you could try 1-2 fruits with 1-2 yolks periodically during the day, to keep you from eating more for a couple of hours. Sometimes I even eat some avocado before sweet fruit, if I feel a little off. I have to be careful too, and I can't drink very much juice per day (1-3 fruits), no matter how much oil and water I put in it.
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
huntress

Post by huntress »

Yes dadasarah, I've done that too. Infact, I've always spread solid coconut oil on apples slices, oranges and bananas when I eat them.
I have to be careful too, and I can't drink very much juice per day (1-3 fruits), no matter how much oil and water I put in it.
What happens if you do ingest more juices?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Huntress, you have misinterpret what I wrote.
Huntress wrote:I thought you said it isn't possible to get candida overgrowth if one doesn't ingest antibiotics?
And then you refer to this:
RRM wrote:Taking antibiotics is all that is needed to cause candida.
Sugars then supply the candida with the energy that it needs to grow.
But here, I dont say that its impossible to get candida without taking antibiotics.
What I said here, is that all you need to cause candida, is the use of antibiotics, not exclusively.

All you need to kill someone, is a sharp knife.
This doesnt mean that in this statement it is suggested that you cannot kill someone with the use of a gun...
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

If I try to drink more juice during the day, I start to like it less and less, even if I'm completely out of energy, and either stop drinking it, or drink it and get a sugar overdose. When I overdose on sugar, I get very angry! And then I want to sleep. Does this happen to you? Your sensitivity to sugar must be much worse than mine!
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dadasarah wrote:Also Wai said this.
Wai wrote:Consuming lots of sugars does not cause Candida overgrowth, simply because our defense system regulates the growth of all bacteria; it maintains the right balance, unless you weaken it by the intake of antibiotics.
Wai did not say here that only antibiotics can cause candida.
She said that simply consuming lots of sugar doesnt cause it.
That our own body properly maintains the right balance, unless we take in antibiotics.
She doesnt say that exclusively antibiotics cause candida.
If I try to drink more juice during the day, I start to like it less and less / setting
Thats probably because you drink too much in one setting; try drinking less.
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

I do! I drink so little that I'm all out of energy! The only thing that helps is a big fat avocado.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Either way, I still did get candida overgrowth. And the possibility in this all points to ingesting too much sugar, since that is what I have been doing.
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

I admit to abusing sugar (candy) in the past. Could some people's sugar regulating system be impaired, i.e. "insulin resistance" on this forum?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

huntress wrote:Either way, I still did get candida overgrowth.
Is that a way of saying "im sorry" for claiming that I said something that i actually didnt?
And the possibility in this all points to ingesting too much sugar, since that is what I have been doing.
Candida feeds on relatively high blood sugar levels. Thus you dont need to focus on your sugar intake, but on your sugar intake / time; on keeping your blood sugar level relatively low. This requires consuming relatively less sugar / meal, and relatively more fat / meal.
It also very much requires that you never eat too much in one setting, as this is what predominantly increases your blood sugar level, followed by a low, and increased appetite for sugar subsequently.
Last edited by RRM on Tue 02 May 2006 21:56, edited 1 time in total.