Sugar 'addiction' & Candida

Challenges and trouble-shooting
nick
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by nick »

Huntress,

Read this page please: http://web.archive.org/web/200208020124 ... andida.htm

There are many symptons of candida and just because you have that coincides with a different doesn't mean you have it. Let us know what happens????? I hope you feel better.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Thank you for the link nick. Today, I woke up feeling a little bit more energetic than before. I could move around without needing to immobalize my neck with my hands. However, lately I have been having poor digestion and a difficult time sleeping at night. I notice that these all would come one after another.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Hi Huntress,

I'm really worried about you. If I were you, I'd try to consult a competent doctor as soon as possible to run some tests to find the possible causes to your problems.

Do it without delay! And keep us posted on your progress.

Get well!
Chin-Chin
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

avalon wrote: I suffered from a yeast infection for two years back in the late 80's. Trying everything my Doctor prescribed. Back then, the remedies weren't over the counter either and the $ added up. Then a friend told me of the housewives cure of plain yogurt. That sounded too simple and the Doctor never once mentioned it to me. But I was willing to try anything. My Doctor did say, I may never be free of it. It took one week, give or take a couple of days to be free.

Best wishes,

Avalon
Kefir (related to yogurt, but made with different cultures, and unlike yogurt can be made with unpasteurised milk) is even better at curing candida, it cures nearly everyone who tries it. I've never heard of anyone taking kefir to beat candida and it not being successful.
How come Avalon's yogurt-to-ease-candida post wasn't removed, but my pears-and-green-smoothies-to-ease-constipation post was deleted? Off with her head!
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

When I was 3, I was hospitalised with food poisoning (an intestinal infection that made my instestines bleed :shock:) and after that I was left with leaky guy syndrome, gluten and dairy intolance, dysbiosis, and candida.

The main symptom of the candida was feeling poisoned in every cell of my body, and in damp whether feeling thoroughly ill, poisoned and miserable all over. When I was 3 I stood on the shore of Loch Ness with the rain pouring down in buckets, thinking, ughhhhhhhhh the rain didn't used to make me feel like this.

But after a while I got used to it. I had all the symptoms permeanantly and that was normal for me, so I wasn't diagnosed until I was 13.

When I was 10 I became vegetarian and my symptoms improved.

When I ate just fruit for 6 months (usually not eaten with fat), the candida disappeared. Which goes completely against what the experts say. :wink: I guess the pure diet just gave my body the chance to sort itself out.

If I still had candida I would definately take kefir. It contains both good bacteria to restore the balance, and good yeast that cannibilises candida, and whatever RRM says about about the body balancing itself, I don't see what's wrong with fighting its battles for it. Kefir works.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

lol fortunately I was left with leaky GUT syndrome, not leaky guy. Although my cousins *did* make a mess in the bathroom, and I *was* constantly standing in it, I don't think it caused me any health troubles that could be called Leaky Guy Syndrome. In fact amaroli is good for you.

In fact it's another super cure for candida!!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Cairidh wrote:...and whatever RRM says about about the body balancing itself, I don't see what's wrong with fighting its battles for it. Kefir works.
Thats actually my whole point:
If you DO know how exactly your body is out of balance, for example too much of a certain bacteria, THEN you can take something that decreases that bacteria specifically.

My point was that you shouldnt take anything that might interfere with that balance if you dont know how exactly it is out of balance, and that what you take is precisely bringing it back into balance....
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

oh ok
having lived most of my life losing the battle Image i forget some people may be breeding war heroes.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Quote from Jinjee at the garden diet

The OJ Diet and Diabetes, Hypoglycemia, Candida, etc...

Can you do the OJ Diet if you are diabetic, hypoglycemic or suffering from candida? Yes! These conditions are usually worsened by a sugary diet. Again, fruit sugar is a vastly different nutrient than processed sugar. They are in fact opposites. I suffered from candida before I became a raw-vegan. When I was going back and forth between a cooked and a raw-vegan diet I noticed something very interesting. I noticed that when I was eating cooked food then any additional fruit sugar in my diet aggravated my candida. However when I was eating only raw-vegan foods then I could eat as much fruit and drink as much fruit juice as I wanted without any candida symptoms appearing. I could even live on orange juice. This experience leads me to believe that fruit sugar causes a different reaction in your body in the presence of cooked foods or refined sugar.

I have a friend who tests his blood sugar levels using a diabetic blood testing machine. He has been on a Raw-Vegan Diet for 4 months. He recently tested his blood sugar a half an hour after drinking 4 cups of a raw fruit smoothie (as opposed to a frozen commercial smoothie that you get at Jamba Juice and restaurants). His blood sugar was 105, which is "fasting" level, as though he hadn't eaten at all! Science will tell you that this is impossible. However they have not yet taken into account the difference between testing on a naturally healthy (raw-vegan) body and a "normal" (cooked) person. The internal environments in these two types of bodies is so vastly different that foods will react completely differently in each of them. The medical profession recommends that we avoid fruit if we have diabetes, hypoglycemia or candida. They are correct if they are treating a person who eats a cooked-food diet. However, in the absence of cooked and processed foods, fruit will heal these conditions! The best and most reassuring thing to do is test this for yourself. If you have a condition such as diabetes, hypoglycemia or candida you should invest in a blood-sugar testing kit, available at any drugstore for around $70.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Cairidh wrote:This experience leads me to believe that fruit sugar causes a different reaction in your body in the presence of cooked foods or refined sugar.
This is a funny conclusion...

I'm sure her observations are right, but her reasoning and conclusions are a bit simplistic, I think.
huntress

Post by huntress »

I was terribly ill two days ago to the point that I was almost hospitalized. I mentioned in my last post that I was having poor digestion lately. Five days ago, my digestion was getting poorer, anything I ate gave me stomach pains, especially any sweet fruits. So I opted for cucumbers, tomatos and avocado instead. But unfortunately, my energy level decreased tremendously and my digestion became worse. Early in the morning, two days ago, I woke up and started throwing up. I could hardly get out of bed because I was so weak and dizzy. I couldn't ingest anything, not even water or I would throw up. Since I couldn't even drink a sip of water and I was throwing up frequently, I was very dehydrated. I grew weaker and weaker as the day went by. I also noticed that I was throwing up blood.

I corresponded with my doctor from home and he diagnosed this to be an inflammed stomach lining (Gastritis). He urged me to drink some milk (although much to my protest) and to eat some soft fruits like bananas and papayas. On the second day, I wokeup feeling a little better so I walked to the store to get some bananas but walking made me weaker and dizzier that I nearly fainted in the middle of the street. When I got back, I drank a cup of milk and ate a banana and I instantly felt better. Today, I still feel weak but generally better than the previous days. But I could only walk a few meters before I started to feel tired again.

My doctor also adviced me to slowly go off the diet lest it may trouble my health in the future because he said that present day fruits does not really contain that much nutrients because fruits these days aren't like fruits like fruits 10 years ago due to the emergence of commercial farming. Plus, living in a cold climate, there aren't many varieties of fruits available and I have been eating the same kind of food for the past 4 months. His advice makes sense, but I need your advice too.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Oh Dear Huntress!

I truly empathize with you! I can't imagine what that must have been like.

I can only say that the jist of this diet to me has been to break away from processed foods and to go Raw. Wai to me is Fruitarin heavy, if you make it that way. Changing foods and amounts within the Wai scheme of things makes this a very Raw-Paleo approach. Bring back munch foods...maybe almond milk if you prefer over cows milk. My day is pretty 50% fruits(leaning towards cucs and toms) and 50%fish with now meats and eggs.

The diet dilemas for me are the table sugar and high juicing.

And certainly, if you have to leave Wai, you're body is speaking to you. Don't hesitate to explore options. Maybe your body needs some dairy...cheeses and creams are used in the munches...

As a reminder Wais Munchfoods:
Single Munch-food Items

* Desserts / cookies you buy in a supermarket: 150 g. maximally, containing 5% protein maximally.

* 150 g. Mascarpone Polenghi cheese (or other cream cheese contain up to 4½ gram protein in total) mixed with 75 g. / 3 Tbs. cream and 8 g. / ¼ oz. cocoa powder, combined with fruit - pineapple, banana, strawberries, etc. - and sugar or honey.

* One of the following fruit combinations in 175 g. / 1/3 cup vanilla ice cream or warm vanilla sauce:

- peach and sweet red berries

- mango, orange and grated coconut

- sweet apple with raisins, cinnamon, and honey

- kiwi and orange.

* Melt 150 g. / 5¼ oz. pure (no-milk) chocolate au bain Marie. Dip cherries, strawberries, raspberries, grapes, etc. in the sauce. Cool slightly before serving.

* Kiwis, lime, strawberries or raspberries with 175 g. / 6 oz. lemon ice cream.

* Blend honeydew with 150 g. / 5¼ oz vanilla ice cream, 1 Tbs. lemon juice, 3 Tbs. Maple syrup, 200 g. / 7 oz. red berries and 250 g. / 8¾ oz. blackberry juice.

* Blend 2 peeled pears (no seeds) with 150 g. / 5¼ oz. real cream, 50 g. / 1¾ oz. Mascarpone or cream cheese, 1 Tbs. lemon juice, 1 Tbs. cinnamon, 2 teaspoons cocoa powder and honey.

* Sliced peaches, strawberries, 100 g. / 3½ oz. vanilla cream, strawberry jam, 1 slice of cake.

* Any sweet melon (not watermelon), mango, and strawberries with full fat cream. Sprinkle sugar or pour honey over the cream, or mix the cream with some chocolate powder.

* Chunks of watermelon (no seeds), cantaloupe melon, 2 peaches, white and blue grapes (no seeds). Top with a mixture of 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 3 Tbs. grape juice, 2 Tbs. honey, 350 g. / 12¼ oz. cream and 1 to 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.

* Pear, raisins, 100 g. / 3½ oz. vanilla ice cream, and hot chocolate sauce.

* Pear, 35 g. / 1¼ oz. feta cheese, black olives, and lettuce.

* Melon and strawberries with hot vanilla sauce and whipped cream.

* Thin slices of melon with sweet red berries, thyme, and cream cheese (containing 7½ g. / ¼ oz. Protein max), or 80 g. / 2¾ oz. bacon.

* One piece of creamy chocolate cake (maybe crumbled) with slices of mango, peach, orange, banana or berries with hot vanilla sauce.

* Blend banana, vanilla ice cream (175 g. / 6 oz. maximum), limejuice and honey to taste.

* Blend 3 bananas, 2 Tbs. cocoa powder, 1 Tbs. Honey, and enough coconut milk for desired thickness.

* Blend 3 bananas, mango, 1 Tbs. peanut butter, and enough coconut milk for desired thickness.

* Blend 3 bananas, 1Tbs. peanut butter and enough orange juice for desired thickness.

* Crush 1 banana with a fork, and add cream and 1 Tbs. peanut butter. (extremely fulfilling)

* 100 g. / 3½ oz. French fries with some ketchup or mayonnaise - no salt!!

* 400 g. / 14 oz. cooked/baked sweet potato with butter - no margarine or 'light' butter.

* 350 g. / 12¼ oz. cooked/baked potatoes with real butter and chives.

* 200 g. / 2 small cooked/baked potatoes with low-protein garlic-cream cheese (or 50 g. / 1¾ oz. Philadelphia cream cheese or 35 g. / 1¼ oz. ricotta cheese and chives)

* 300 g. / 3 small cooked/baked potatoes with cold pressed sesame oil or real butter, chopped dried chili pepper, garlic, and a dash of soy sauce.

* 300 g. / 3 small cooked potatoes (or 80 g. / 2¾ oz. rice) with fried onions, topped with 3 fresh raw egg yolks

* Salad: 250 g. / 9 oz. chopped cooked potatoes, (Yellow Finn, red potatoes) chopped red onion, and pickles. Add 2 Tbs. Mayonnaise, a bit of piccalilli or chili sauce, chopped basil or coriander cilantro), and mix.

* Simmer over low heat 250 g. / 9 oz. sliced potatoes and garlic in 125 g. / 4½ oz. cream for 8 minutes. Cool. Add ¼ c. chopped parsley. Pre-heat oven, and heat all for 15 minutes.

* Sauté 2 shallots or half an onion in a generous dollop of real butter. Add 200 g. / 1 large peeled and chopped cucumber. Simmer for 5 minutes. Ad a bit of vegetable bouillon powder, and simmer for 5 more minutes. Stop heating. Add lots of chopped dill and some Crème Fraiche or sour cream. Pour over 200 g. / 2 small cooked potatoes.

* Cook 250 g. / 2 small firm potatoes. Chop in big chunks. Melt 50 g. / 1¾ oz. butter in a pan, add 75 g. / 2½ oz. spinach, pressed garlic, and the potatoes, and fry to your taste.

* 200 g. / 2 small cooked/baked potatoes with 35 g. / 1¼ oz fried bacon (in butter) and 1 Tbs. mayonnaise or raw egg yolks.

* 200 g. / 2 small cooked potatoes with 1 teaspoon peanut butter, half a teaspoon Sambal Badjak (sweet fried red pepper), chives, a dash of soy sauce and 4 fresh raw egg yolks.

* Salad of 40 g. (scant 1½ oz.) feta cheese (containing 17% protein) with slices of orange, lime, grapefruit, and pineapple

* Raw-fish sushi (the rice is a munch-food item) in a Japanese restaurant. (Be aware that sometimes the fish has been frozen first, so ask first!)

* Sauté in 4 Tbs. olive oil: 250 g. / 2 small chopped pre-cooked potatoes, 100 g. / 7 black olives, half a red chili pepper, a sliced onion and ½ tsp. black pepper. Add chopped parsley, 1 tsp. lemon juice, and 2 Tbs. mayonnaise. Simmer till done. Add chopped avocado just before serving.

* Briefly fry in 3 Tbs sesame oil: 80 g. / 2¾ oz. mushrooms, 1 coarsely grated carrot, 40 g. / 1½ oz. soy-sprouts, half a chopped leek, and soy sauce, chili sauce, or other oriental sauce. Stuff this mix into Chinese cabbage leaves, fold and tie into neat packages. Steam these for about 10 minutes.

* Mix together ½ c. chopped parsley, 25 g. / 1 oz. walnuts, 1 clove garlic, and 1 red onion. Add 2 Tbs. olive oil and 2Tbs. walnut oil. Stir and add ground black pepper, nutmeg, and lemon juice to taste. Pour over 60 g. / 2 oz. cooked pasta.

* Boil 80 g. / 2¾ oz. rice longer than usual, let it rest for 15 minutes. Mix with sliced fresh raw salmon or tuna, chopped sweet onion, cucumber, and a bit of ginger, and knead all this into balls. Dip in soy sauce and enjoy.

* Boil 80 g. / 2¾ oz. rice. Add 4 Tbs. of olive oil, chives, small pieces of pineapple, banana, raisins (soaked in a bit of fresh orange juice overnight) and 1 small teaspoon peanut butter. Heat until ingredients are just warm – no more.

* Sliced cucumber, mixed lettuce and sliced nori. Dressing: 2 Tbs. sesame-oil, 1 Tbs. lemon juice, 1 Tbs. water, a bit of soy sauce, some Tabasco.

* Fresh raw egg yolk added to blended tomato and Tabasco (Remember: Tabasco is also a munch-food item)

* Avocado mixed with fresh raw egg yolk on a slice of white bread.

* 1 cooked ear of sweet corn, with butter and pepper – with chopped sautéed onion, celery, and tomato on the side.

* 1 slice of white bread spread with avocado and sautéed chili flakes or chopped chili pepper.

* 1 slice of white bread spread with avocado, mayonnaise, and chives.

* 1 slice of white bread with avocado, 30 g. / 1 oz. fried bacon and sliced red onions.

* 1 slice of white bread with avocado, tomato slices, and a bit of mustard.

* 1 slice white bread spread with olive oil, tomato, chives, and cream- cheese (either 35 g. / 1¼ oz. Ricotta Polenghi or 40 g (scant 1½ oz.) Philly cream cheese or other cream cheese containing 2.8 gram protein in total).

* Cold soup: Blend peeled and chopped cucumber, 100 g. / 3½ oz. kefir cheese, 100 g. / 3½ oz. yogurt and pressed garlic. Add dill and black pepper (preferable freshly ground). Chill in the refrigerator before serving.

* Soup: Steam green pepper for ten minutes. Peel the cooled pepper, and blend with 3 walnuts, 1 tsp. pesto, pressed garlic, basil, parsley, and 5 Tbs. olive oil. Simmer with 2 cups of water, some Crème Fraiche or sour cream and a little bit of bouillon for 10 minutes.

* Soup: Sauté 2 chopped shallots in 40 g. / 1 Tbs. real butter for 3 minutes. Add 500 g. / 1 lb. chopped squash or pumpkin and pressed garlic, simmer for 5 minutes. Add 1 dl. / 2 Tbs. dry white wine and ½ liter/ 2 cups vegetable bouillon. Simmer for 35 minutes. Add sufficient Crème Fraiche or sour cream, some lemon juice and pepper (or honey /sugar). Blend with hand-mixer.

* Soup: Simmer chopped onions, cut shallots, handful parsley, chives and 5 Tbs. olive oil in small pan half filled with water for 20 minutes. Add a little bit of bouillon and simmer for 10 more minutes. Eat with one slice of white bread. (Or some cooked potatoes)

* Soup: Blend peeled beets. Cook in ½ liter / 2 cups water with some bouillon for 5 minutes, add leek, dash of lemon juice and pepper, and simmer for 15 more minutes. Pour this soup into a bowl. Mix horseradish with 50 g. / 1¾ oz. yogurt, and pour this in the middle of the soup. Garnish with 25 g. / 1 slice fried bacon and some leek or onion rings.
Best wishes to you Huntress,

Avalon
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sorry to hear that, huntress, but glad to hear you're doing better again. :D

Do you have any idea what caused the gastritis?

I have no idea about fruit containing less nutrients than it used to. But if not from fruit, where do you want to get more/your nutrients from?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Heres some interesting information- very pro Wai diet!
Home remedies for Gastritis
Gastritis treatment using Coconut
Coconut water is an excellent remedy for gastritis. It gives the stomach the necessary rest and provides vitamins and minerals. The stomach is greatly helped in returning to a normal condition if nothing but coconut water is given during the first twenty-four hours.
Gastritis treatment using Rice
Rice gruel is another excellent remedy for acute cases of gastritis. One cup of rice gruel is recommended twice daily. In chronic cases where the flow of gastric juice is meagre, such foods as require prolonged vigorous mastication are beneficial as they induce a greater flow of gastric juice.
Gastritis treatment using Potato
Potato juice has been found valuable in relieving gastritis. The recommended dose is half a cup of the juice, two or three times daily, half an hour before meals.
Gastritis treatment using Marigold
The herb marigold is also considered beneficial in the treatment of gastritis. An infusion of the herb in doses of a tablespoon may be taken twice daily.

Gastritis Diet
Fasting, Water
The patient should undertake a fast for two of three days or more, depending on the severity of the condition. He should be given only warm water to drink during this period. This will give rest to the stomach and allow the toxic condition causing the inflammation to subside.

All-fruit diet
After the acute symptoms subside, the patient should adopt an all-fruit diet for the next three days and take juicy fruits such as apples, pears, grapes, grapefruit, oranges, pineapple, peaches, and melons.
Avoid alcohol, tobacco, spices, meat, sweet, strong tea/coffee
The patient should avoid the use of alcohol, tobacco, spices and condiments, meat, red pepper, sour foods, pickles, strong tea and coffee. He should also avoid sweet, pastries, rich cakes, and, aerated waters.

Have curd and cottage cheese
Curds and cottage cheese should be used freely. Too many different foods should not be mixed at the same meal. Meals should be taken at least two hours before going to bed at night. Eight to ten glasses of water should be taken daily but water should not be taken with meals as it dilutes the digestive juices and delays digestion. Above all, haste should be avoided while eating and meals should be served in a pleasing and relaxed atmosphere.

Well-balanced diet
He may, thereafter, gradually embark upon a balanced diet consisting of seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables, and fruits.

Other Gastritis Treatment

Warm-water enema, dry-friction
From the commencement of the treatment, a warm-water enema should be used daily for about a week to cleanse the bowels.The patient should be given dry friction and a sponge daily.
Application of heat with a hot compress or hot water bottle
Application of heat with a hot compress or hot water bottle, twice a daily, either on an empty stomach or two hours after meals, will also be beneficial.
Avoid hard physical, mental work, worries.
The patient should not undertake any hard physical and mental work.He should avoid worries and mental tension.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

huntress wrote:My doctor also adviced me to slowly go off the diet lest it may trouble my health in the future because he said that present day fruits does not really contain that much nutrients because fruits these days aren't like fruits like fruits 10 years ago due to the emergence of commercial farming.
Scientific findings show otherwise.
Today's fruits are tested for vitamins and minerals, and they readily supply you with everything that you need (In combination with animal food)
Just check out the USDA database.
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Plus, living in a cold climate, there aren't many varieties of fruits available and I have been eating the same kind of food for the past 4 months.
Even then they will supply you with everything you need.
Submit your diet to the calculator.
www.3.waisays.com/calculator.html
If you find your diet is relatively low in a certain nutrient, check out what fruit/ animal food is rich in that nutrient:
http://www.3.waisays.com/nutrients.htm