Sugar 'addiction' & Candida

Challenges and trouble-shooting
huntress
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by huntress »

Thank you for your prayers Avalon. And thank you also for the information about the munch foods and gastritis diet. Trust you to always come up with solutions. :wink:

You're right Oscar, this diet has definitely provided me with more nutrients than any other diet can possibly give me. Even though my doctor wanted me to go off the diet, I was very adamant to stick to it. He is just worried about me because I haven't been in good health since the past 3 weeks. He is somewhat convinced that it was due to the diet but I think it was due to the Candida. Plus, I am here all alone and he isn't here to monitor my health condition.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Your welcome :roll: Google 8)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Okay, I heard some interesting information from some online audio clips about raw food...touching on a lot of topics- including candida.

http://www.thinkandgoraw.com/rh1drt2fp.htm

What I heard and then found elsewhere on the net is...by eating sugars with fats creates sustained blood sugar:
Sustained high blood sugar can result in a bloom of candida. Simply eating
fats and sugars at separate meals is all that is required to rectify this
problem, as sugars only 'build up' in the bloodstream in the presence of fat.

Do not mix fats with your sweets and you should not have a problem. IT IS
THAT SIMPLE.
Dr D

Ideas anyone?
I understand the idea of consuming fats with sugars, but if you have candida already, could this cause a worsening of the condition???
avo

Post by avo »

That is interesting. If you recall my Day 20 thread, I didn't start experiencing any troubles until I started combining fruit and fat. When I had fruit alone, things were fine. But fruit+fat is such a fundamental principle in Wai, I don't know if it is even safe to do that (in regards to messing up insulin, getting diabetes, etc.). Maybe once I end my trial with allergy testing olive oil, I'll try seperating the fruits and fats once more, see if things improve.

Any other opinions on the matter?
nick

Post by nick »

My question is this:

With this diet, you only take in small of amounts of sugar but regularly and consistently, so how would this effect the situation?

RRM mentioned the having a stable sugar level is helpful becuase it won't fluctuate too high thus aggravating the candida problem.

I would think too much sugar would be problematic, while balanced sugar levels would help but not fix the problem of having candida.
avo

Post by avo »

Well, I'll give it a try for a few days, see how things work out.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sugars only 'build up' in the bloodstream in the presence of fat
That is utter nonsense. A high carb meal such as pasta (one that is low in fat) can very much spike the blood sugar level.
In fact, glucose is more readily taken out of the blood as glycerol (in triglycerides) in the presence of sufficient fat.
avalon wrote:I understand the idea of consuming fats with sugars, but if you have candida already, could this cause a worsening of the condition???
No, only high blood sugar levels will, and fat intake does not increase the blood sugar level.
In fact, with this diet fat intake will replace part of the sugar intake, thus keeping the blood sugar level lower.
avo

Post by avo »

Is there any negative effect of adding fat to sugars? In any situation?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avo wrote:Is there any negative effect of adding fat to sugars? In any situation?
Sure, if you are adding too much, you will gain weight. Its not hard to mess up; all you need to do, is not listen.
Doing things right is about carefully listening to your body all the time, and if you do that right, there is no negative effect of adding fat to sugars.
avo

Post by avo »

What is too much? More than the 2:1 ratio of sugar to fat? I'm usually nowhere near there, unless I'm having avocado alone or with something non-sugary. Much more sugar, probably 4:1 or closer to 3:1. I really want to experiment doing fruits alone for each meal, keeping fat and fruit seperate. I keep wanting to think that there may be some reason that this would work best for me. I mean, nearly every health site says to eat fruit on an empty stomach, Wai is the first place I have ever read that one should combine the fruits with oil, nuts, avocado, etc. Can all of these sites be so wrong in terms of what is best for the body?

I think once I give Wai a few more days/weeks, I'll give a try for the fruit without fat. I'll still eat plenty of fats, but not in the same meals. I've discussed this with others, including some on raw food forums, they for the most part follow everything Wai except the fruit/fat thing. I think that accounts for something. I'll make sure to keep my condition updated once I take on this task sometime in the near future.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I know what you mean Avo. I come from a background of following Fit for Life. They say to eat fruit alone so it can digest properly and not linger in the stomach.

I also see the reason for mixing oil to not spike sugar.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avo wrote:What is too much? More than the 2:1 ratio of sugar to fat? I'm usually nowhere near there, unless I'm having avocado alone or with something non-sugary. Much more sugar, probably 4:1 or closer to 3:1.
'Too much' is different for each individual, depending on what your body needs (or 'asks' for). Some people are on the 2:1 ratio, others, like myself, on a 4.5:1 ratio or more.

The body uses both sugars and fat for energy. If you give it both at the same time, it can use both without having to convert anything.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avo wrote:What is too much?
As Oscar said, regarding the ratio.
What I meant, is the total amount of energy ingested, by consuming fat; if you simply consume more energy than required, you will gain weight.
Your only reliable guide in this: your own body. Try to listen to it.
Can all of these sites be so wrong in terms of what is best for the body?
Every health professional will advice you to eat a healthy diet containing vegetables and grains, and maybe even dairy products.
Are they all right?
Every professor specialized in osteoporosis will tell you it is good to build stronger, calcium dense bones. But are they right?
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

I also used to be of the idea that one had to eat fruits without anything else in order to achieve optimal digestion. I never ate fruits because of this as I ever had an empty stomach! I don't think the olive oil we combine in upsets the digestion. In any case my experience on the diet tells me that this combo is fine and very beneficial, even essential for the energy managment reason. :)
avo

Post by avo »

I guess I'm just looking for something to lay the blame of new breakouts on. Not so much that the fat/sugar combo is doing it, but rather it is worsening my already established candidia, which in turn has numerous side effects, such as poor digestion, constipation, and several other factors that indirectly aggrevates acne. But even if this is part of the reason, I still have to deal with other things, such as not eating when I need to (due to school and work taking up a large amount of the day, both of which are not exactly flexible and willing to allow me to eat whenever I want. :() My skin is doing a little better since replacing oo with coconut oil, I wonder if this is really the culprit. If it is, it is taking a long time to notice improvements after eliminating it. Why does it take so long? And how quickly would things appear if I added it back in, immediately, a day, several days? Why can't everything be immediate, it would take a lot of guesswork out of life ;).