what to eat? what to do? whats ok?

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

A calorie is a unit of measurement for energy. In most fields, it has been replaced by the joule, the SI unit of energy. However, it remains in common use for the amount of energy obtained from food. Many different definitions for the calorie emerged during the 19th and 20th centuries. They fall into two classes:

* The small calorie or gram calorie approximates the energy needed to increase the temperature of 1 g of water by 1 °C. This is about 4.185 J.
* The large calorie or kilogram calorie approximates the energy needed to increase the temperature of 1 kg of water by 1 °C. This is about 4.185 kJ, and exactly 1000 small calories.

In scientific contexts, the name "calorie" refers strictly to the gram calorie, and the unit has the symbol cal. SI prefixes are used with this name and symbol, so the kilogram calorie is known as the "kilocalorie" and has the symbol kcal.

Colloquially, and in nutrition and food labelling, the term "calorie" almost always refers to the kilogram calorie. This applies only to English text; if an energy measurement is given using a unit symbol then the scientific practice prevails there. A convention of capitalising "Calorie" to refer to the kilogram calorie, with uncapitalised "calorie" referring to the gram calorie, is sometimes proposed, but neither recognized in any official standards, nor commonly followed.
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

wait 1 calorie = 0.001 kilocalories
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

so which one on the calculator really means a calorie
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

exactly
avo

Post by avo »

When regarding foods, the word calorie and kilocalorie mean the same thing. Don't worry about it, it's not complicated or a big deal at all. 3000 calories = 3000 kilocalories, unless you are a scientist doing an experiment.
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

I asked this before are amino acids way different than protien or will amino acids if taking in the same amount that is in a certian food act or be equal to it?

Can single amino acids make protien?
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

Not make it but in certian amounts be equal to a certian amount of protien.
somebodyelse

Post by somebodyelse »

I already asked this to I think what where the type of liquid free amino acids that someone took here?I can't find it.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fff wrote:are amino acids way different than protien
Proteins are always chains of amino acids linked to each other.
will amino acids if taking in the same amount that is in a certian food act or be equal to it?
You should derive your need for amino acids from food proteins; very effective and much cheaper.
Only if you want to do bodybuilding and your skin is very acne prone, it is sensitive to supplement with liquid free amino acids.
Can single amino acids make protien?
Our body can only make proteins from amino acids.
what where the type of liquid free amino acids that someone took here?
As I said, its only for acne-prone bodybuilders.