Progress is slow...

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Agent
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Progress is slow...

Post by Agent »

I've been on absolutely 100% strict rules now (that is ALL of the of Sample Diet rules) for 2.5 weeks. My skin (mild acne) seems much the same as when I was on a diet containing a fair amount of munch food esp. my neck still seems pretty messy.

This is typical of what I have been eating in a day:

2 kiwis
3 peaches
2 apples
2 handfuls grapes
2 tomatoes
1/4 cucumber
1ltr orange juice (juiced in my juicer)
4 bananas
4/5 egg yolks
olive oil
coconut oil

Sometimes (aprox. 3days a week): 1/2 or 1 watermelon
Sometimes (aprox. 3days a week): 1 avacado
Sometimes (aprox. 3days a week): bottled water

Twice a day I eat: 2 bananas mashed with LOTS of olive oil and aprox. 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil and 2/3 egg yolks mixed

The rest is just eaten on it's on or mixed together (e.g. tomato/cucumber/avacado) and olive oil added or taken on a spoon afterwards.

After all that, I still feel hungry a lot of the time but I can't afford any more food in a day. I'm a student, d'oh. Does anyone have any advice regards this?

Another thing, a couple of times I have had this:
All of a sudden I feel nauseous, dizzy, weak, very unwell as if I'm about to pass out. I have found that this is remedied by eating protein (egg yolks). I am slightly worried at what this means. It's as if my body is actually complaining about having INSUFFICIENT protein? Or is this just some weird psychosomatic thing? Any comments?

Last thing, can I really not drink tap water (UK) on the diet? It's a real pain in the anus having to buy commercial water all the time.

Thanks all :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmm...difficult to say. The only thing I can think of, is that since you don't eat fish, you might want to increase your yolk consumption.
Have you entered your diet into a nutrient calculator?
Agent

Post by Agent »

Oscar wrote:Have you entered your diet into a nutrient calculator?
Yep but to look for what in particular?

Regards energy some days I will be a bit short of the 2900kcal I need and other days I'll be just over. Although obviously some days I'll need more than other days i.e. some days I workout and others I only walk to and from the kitchen.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nothing in particular, I just wondered. :)
So I'll keep to my yolk advice then. :)
Agent

Post by Agent »

I'll try upping yolks.

Thanks for the advice :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You're welcome. :)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Can I ask Agent why you're not eating fish? And I may have missed it, but what about Brazil nuts? Walnuts? Or leave it to me, raw beef? :shock:
Agent

Post by Agent »

avalon wrote:Can I ask Agent why you're not eating fish? And I may have missed it, but what about Brazil nuts? Walnuts? Or leave it to me, raw beef? :shock:
Raw fish... Well, I'm a vegetarian for starters LOL. Not strictly I suppose as I used to eat (tinned) salmon for protein when I used to work out all the time - oh how foolish I was. Anyway, as well as that minor factor, I can't find anywhere that says that it's OK to eat their product raw. So that is that.

Raw Brazil nuts are not available in my country, Scotland or any of the UK for that matter.

I eat raw Walnuts sometimes but can only buy them mixed with other nuts and so I only get them occasionally.

As for raw beef... That's just rank.

Thanks for asking :)
nick

Re: Progress is slow...

Post by nick »

Agent wrote:I've been on absolutely 100% strict rules now (that is ALL of the of Sample Diet rules) for 2.5 weeks. My skin (mild acne) seems much the same as when I was on a diet containing a fair amount of munch food esp. my neck still seems pretty messy.
It took me about four months to get clear of those neck spots and deep cysts.
What about your skin? is it smoother, softer?
This is typical of what I have been eating in a day:

2 kiwis
3 peaches
2 apples
2 handfuls grapes
2 tomatoes
1/4 cucumber
1ltr orange juice (juiced in my juicer)
4 bananas
4/5 egg yolks
olive oil
coconut oil

Sometimes (aprox. 3days a week): 1/2 or 1 watermelon
Sometimes (aprox. 3days a week): 1 avacado
Sometimes (aprox. 3days a week): bottled water
Your diet seems fine!
Do you balance with sufficient fat after each meal?
Oil with the juice?
Twice a day I eat: 2 bananas mashed with LOTS of olive oil and aprox. 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil and 2/3 egg yolks mixed
Do you notice any indigestion or cramps with this combination?
Some people experience this when they combine fiber (banana) with the yolks and this could affect yolk digestion, thus non-optimal protein absorption.
The rest is just eaten on it's on or mixed together (e.g. tomato/cucumber/avacado) and olive oil added or taken on a spoon afterwards.
OK.
After all that, I still feel hungry a lot of the time but I can't afford any more food in a day. I'm a student, d'oh. Does anyone have any advice regards this?
Do you add sugar with your meals? This helps you energy-wise.
One cheaper and easier way to do this diet is by buying a couple of crates of oranges for the week and juice them and then eat your yolks and other fruits too. By drinking juice as your main food you won't have to buy other fruits and this may save money. You can look into...
Another thing, a couple of times I have had this:
All of a sudden I feel nauseous, dizzy, weak, very unwell as if I'm about to pass out. I have found that this is remedied by eating protein (egg yolks). I am slightly worried at what this means. It's as if my body is actually complaining about having INSUFFICIENT protein? Or is this just some weird psychosomatic thing? Any comments?
I had these too when I first started the diet. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the ratio of sugar to fat needed to be adjusted. I need about 3 grams of sugar to 1 gram of fat. You need to try out different combinations to see how your sugar-level responds.

Also you need to make sure to add sugar and eat enough all the time. With orange juice, you can sip from it every 5 minutes and keep it stable.
Last thing, can I really not drink tap water (UK) on the diet? It's a real pain in the anus having to buy commercial water all the time.

Thanks all :D
You can drink tap water, but it contains more minerals?
Don't use tap water to wash your fish because it will dry it out from the minerals.
Do you use coconut oil for your face?
avalon

Post by avalon »

I can't find anywhere that says that it's OK to eat their product raw. So that is that.
You may be right there. Not much positive info about eating raw fish. There's also a lot of warning for Salmonella from raw eggs...

Hell I give up! Bring on the S.A.D. I need a Subaway and a Big Mac fix pronto!

:oops:
Agent

Re: Progress is slow...

Post by Agent »

nick wrote:It took me about four months to get clear of those neck spots and deep cysts.
What about your skin? is it smoother, softer?
Thanks for that info! Smoother... Maybe.
Your diet seems fine!
Do you balance with sufficient fat after each meal?
Oil with the juice?
If anything I think I take too much oil. That's not a problem though is it?

I VERY occasionally have missed the oil with a meal and always take it with OJ.
Do you notice any indigestion or cramps with this combination?
Some people experience this when they combine fiber (banana) with the yolks and this could affect yolk digestion, thus non-optimal protein absorption.
No indigestion or cramps :) Maybe I'll try a different way of taking them for a while anyway...
Do you add sugar with your meals? This helps you energy-wise.
One cheaper and easier way to do this diet is by buying a couple of crates of oranges for the week and juice them and then eat your yolks and other fruits too. By drinking juice as your main food you won't have to buy other fruits and this may save money. You can look into...
Not in the habit of using sugar, occasionally have added some to OJ or bananas etc. Thanks for the advice.
I had these too when I first started the diet. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the ratio of sugar to fat needed to be adjusted. I need about 3 grams of sugar to 1 gram of fat. You need to try out different combinations to see how your sugar-level responds.
Well, that's very reassuring, thank you. So you reckon not enough fat to sugar in my case? It does seem unlikely to me but I'm willing to take your word for it.
You can drink tap water, but it contains more minerals?
Don't use tap water to wash your fish because it will dry it out from the minerals.
Do you use coconut oil for your face?
The only reason I haven't been drinking tap water is that it says something on the Sample Diet page about only drinking Volvic etc. mineral water.

Finally, no to coconut oil :)

Cheers for your help!
Agent

Post by Agent »

avalon wrote:
I can't find anywhere that says that it's OK to eat their product raw. So that is that.
You may be right there. Not much positive info about eating raw fish. There's also a lot of warning for Salmonella from raw eggs...

Well, I'll never eat from Subway or McDonald's even if I'm not on this diet in the future!

The eggs I buy actually say on the packaging "vaccinated against salmonella" and I wasn't too worried even before I read that.

:D
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

avalon wrote:

:lol:
avalon

Post by avalon »

Agent wrote:
Well, I'll never eat from Subway or McDonald's even if I'm not on this diet in the future!
SILLY AGENT! :shock: Perhaps you misunderstood my joking about McDonalds and Subway- NOT Serious.

I really meant Burger King and Dunkin' Donuts!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:You may be right there. Not much positive info about eating raw fish. There's also a lot of warning for Salmonella from raw eggs...
We won't have problems with salmonella, because it's in all eggs. :)

What about Taco Hell, err, Bell, Avalon?? ;)