Please someone help me- how can i go on this diet??

Challenges and trouble-shooting
nina
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Please someone help me- how can i go on this diet??

Post by nina »

Hey guys :)
I have the following issues, please someone be frank and honest with me, and take me seriously regarding my problem. I am willing to commit to this diet, but first of all I am allergic to all parts of all eggs- raw or cooked - no matter. Anyway we don't have the farm kind, and i cannot have any eggs regardless. I am also highly allergic to seafood of any kind. The only shelled nuts available in my city, and country even, are almonds and walnuts. I also DESPISE the taste of avocados, every time I try to eat them my eyes get swollen and watery and I throw up. Other than that, I am left with fruits and olive oil and nuts, which i LOVE but which are not enough to compose of my diet. I tried this diet without the foods I cannot eat, but I got very tired and lethargic, and pale, ( I am already recovering from anemia) lost mostly muscle weight and water, and gained back 5 pounds of fat after I started eating my normal diet the following week. AAaaahhh~~~~ maybe this diet is just not for me? Please, please help, I feel really hopeless!!
Early to bed and early to rise -- till you get enough money to do otherwise~
nick

Post by nick »

How do you know that your allergic to raw eggs and raw fish?
Also, perhaps the avocado wasn't totally ripe?

No one has really had a problem with yolks and fish, so tell us what happens when you eat them.
They are essential to maintaining this diet.
nina

Post by nina »

(btw: actually egg and fish allergies are the most leading causes of food allergies globally, along with milk)
well when i eat eggs or anything that contains eggs, within an hour i start to cough a lot and have trouble breathing with wheezing similar to asthma and it is very painful. As for any type of seafood raw or cooked, any taste and even the smell of it will trigger shortness of breath, nausea, lightheadedness, and wheezing within a couple hours. The avacadoes, well, maybe I could force myself to down them, but i do not find the experience pleasant at all.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Are you sure the allergies are physical and not psychological? I mean this seriously. If already the smell of fish triggers such a reaction, it could be that it's not physical, because there aren't any gasses or such involved, as far as I know. I'm not saying it can't be physical, but it might be an idea to get an allergy test where fish and eggs are also tested.
Also, did you consume the eggs and fish alone, or in a dish, or was anything added?
avo

Post by avo »

You didn't answer how you know you are allergic to raw yolks. Perhaps it was some other substance (wheat?) that was in the food you ate that caused the reaction? Try a tiny bit of raw yolk by itself, if everything is ok a few hours later, have a tiny bit some more. Eventually you can build up to 1 yolk, then 3 or 4, without killing yourself (if you are, in fact, allergic).

Allergic to fish smell? Never heard that before. Have you ever had raw fish (sashimi) alone, by itself?

You need to try a perfectly ripe avocado, I think you will enjoy it. Never had a good home-made guacamole?

However, it is possible to just eat fruit, nuts, oil and some raw yolks, and do well. Actually, that is basically the Wai diet, without fish.
nina

Post by nina »

thanks for your advice guys, but actually i did not post this message up until i tried each of these foods, against my doctor's orders, in small amounts (raw, and without anything mixed with them), and had serious allergic reactions. I have had these allergies all my life and it is not psychological. it's a real medical issue recognized by my doctor and he strongly advises me not to eat any eggs or fish. and no doubt, the smell of fish cooking can indeed trigger allergic reactions in highly sensitive people, like myself. I know it is not common but that's the case with me. It makes it worse because I have minor asthma. My doctor and my dad ( a doctor) are sure of this so I am not making any of it up. SOMETIMES i can slightly get by with having something that contains eggs, but the yolks were not easy to try at all, and fish is definately a no-no.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Okay, how do you eat at the moment?

I suppose you can substitute the raw fish with raw meat, but I'm not sure how to compensate the nutrients of the yolks. Maybe someone else has an idea? Other than that, I would suggest you try eating fruits you like and can handle, olive oil, some raw nuts, and eat munch-foods if needed. Enter your diet, at least the fruit/oil/nuts part, into the/a nutrient calculator to see what nutrients you lack.
avalon

Post by avalon »

The next best thing then would be to take a slightly paleo approach. You could try raw meat as Oscar suggests, and I can say from first hand experience, I've come to enjoy Steak Tartar very much, and there are many recipes online for it, also Beef carppacio. The only problem I have with raw meat eating is fear of e coli and parasite contamination. Aajonus Vonderplanitz has been eating raw meat well over 30 years and if you believe the primal take on this- the risk is mostly simply the fear of the unknown. That we actually need some of this bacteria in order to be healthy. I have not experienced any problems thus far. I've been on Wai about four months with maybe a month and a half with raw beef included.

If you don't do the Raw Beef, try doing the Sample Diet with cooked chicken or beef- minimally seasoned if at all. As long as you are strict with Raw fruits (there are many!) , and nuts, then the cooked meats, although 'Dirty' protien and not Ideal- remain still a very un-processed way to go.

Sadly, the Yolks are almost a multi-vitamin in themselves... I believe there is good health to be had, even with some cooked food in the diet. It won't be Raw, but many believe that some cooked is almost a necessity in a Raw diet. You may consider taking some flax seed oil or other omega 3 supplements. Krill oil looks very promising.

It can be a difficult maze knowing who or what to believe, so your instincts are important and the more you learn the easier it will be to choose which path you want to take.

Best wishes nina,
Avalon
nick

Post by nick »

Good advice avalon!
Maybe after some time on this diet your body will come around to liking yolks and fish?
Good Luck!
avalon

Post by avalon »

nick:
Maybe after some time on this diet your body will come around to liking yolks and fish?
So True nick!

Allegies for many people have been cured by a change in diet. It may be that some day you can try a yolk and see you are no longer allergic.
nina

Post by nina »

thanks you three =)
to tell the truth I love this diet, I love everything about fruits, since growing up in the mediterranean region there is nothing easier than to love fruits and salads drenched with olive oil. But I have to admit that I have done some considerable - say- tailoring to fit my needs, because I have an unbelievably social / heavily family-oriented life, and -although we are thin, active, and healthy- but everything we do revolves around food. good food- according to my pathetic little standards :P . we only cook once a day- for dinner- but the amount of salads, oils, and fresh foods we consume by far outweigh the cooking we do. the cooking is always fresh and healthy anyway - mostly steamed vegetables with fresh garlic and unheated oil. lots of steamed brown rice too ( sorry!) Oh, and chicken is HUGE for us - at least 3 times a week. nothing fried, just baked steamed or sautee'd. eek, so I guess to yall i might be a sinner, but i all i can do is take the positives the diet offers me and combine with the "soul-food" aspect, and i guess im a happy camper. as for the dirty protein (lol i need SOME kind of protein), i try to compensate for that by walking everywhere we go, and this means like 2 hours of walking a day. I also do a (religious-based) 1- day- a-week fast, where i do not eat or drink anything for 24 hours and might I say, it is INCREDIBLY refreshing and cleansing. Oh yeah, regarding the omega-3's I eat like 10 walnuts a day, as since I was a tiny tod, before i knew anything about health or food choices, my hands were always reaching out to grab as many walnuts as possible, they are something my body is like physically in constant need of. --shelled by me, of course :wink:
huntress

Post by huntress »

Nina, your current diet sounds pretty delicious and 'safe' to some extend to me. I would agree with avalon that you try some raw meat. I bet you are able to get some fresh raw meat since you live in the Mediterraneans? It seems like you've been cultivating a healthy lifestyle since you were young. That's wonderful!
avalon

Post by avalon »

Good Morning from Florida!

I know soy sauce, on Wai is considered a munch food- but, I really enjoy cutting a thin steak into bite size strips using kitchen scissors, then in a bowl mix in some organic, possibly wheat free soy and maybe some italian seasoning, or rosemay...let it sit for a while and eat. It's really very delicious!
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I used to hate the taste of avocados.
But if I put them in fruit smoothies I can't taste them -
blend 1 avocado, 2 bananas and strawberries or blueberries.
If you add water it makes a drink, if you don't (use a hand blender) it makes a dessert.

You can't taste the avocado, it just gives it a wonderful creamy texture.

I don't eat fish or yolks. I feel great if I eat just fruit and nuts, but after a while I get scared and start eating veg :( I can't stick to it simply because I'm scared.
avo

Post by avo »

So you're basically, fruitarian? You're right to be scared, I don't think it's safe long-term. What about some raw meat? Or you don't want to eat any animal food at all?