Prolonged period (of time...) without access to food

Challenges and trouble-shooting
Masamune_two
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Prolonged period (of time...) without access to food

Post by Masamune_two »

What do you's recommend I take before a 2hr 15 min exam?
If I double up on orange juice before the session taking 60g sugar worth and 30g fat will it sustain me? Or will that not keep me goin?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The high sugar intake will lead to a too high spike, followed by a low, which is not good for your concentration.
Its better to take a tomato-cucumber-avocado-olive oil salad, so that those sugars are only gradually released from those fruits because there is much more to digest before the sugars can be utilized. (natural 'time-release capsule')
Masamune_two

Post by Masamune_two »

I'm not sure if you'll still be on when I post this - but first and foremost THANK YOU for the discovery of this diet (to Wai as well as urself) - it really has changed my life for the better! and even further gratitude for ur dedication to helping me with issues like this cos, as a student, exams are quite a frequent part of my life so this advice is even going to help for years to come.

Should I use a sugar fat ratio?

And will I eat as much of the salad as I can pack in?

ALso could I use fat in the morning to fill my glycogen deposits? Or will I not need to cos the release will b slow enuff?

I also feel really stupid for asking this cos u know much more - but will so much fat content from the salad not make me tired?

Thx again!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If you're allowed to take drinks, you could take a bottle of OJ with olive oil with you, and sip during the exam.

Glycogen is formed from glucose, not from fat. Fat is stocked as body fat.
Masamune_two

Post by Masamune_two »

o yea - my biology teacher wud hit me over the head with a text book if she knew I'd said that omw lol but hmmm ill find out whether or not i'm allowed the orange juice in i doubt it tho - ill take the sald before hand just incase too - thx again
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

This sounds a little crazy to me. You are actually worried that you can't go 2 hours and 15 min with out food? Maybe, I'm over simplifing it but I'm thinking just eat something before then test then go take the test. I dont' see a need to worry about running out of energy after 2 hours and 15 min of sitting and taking a test. It's not like you are running a marathon.

You're muscles and liver can easily get you by 2:15, of sitting, can't they?

Isn't this a bit extreme?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

True, but I guess he is worried that his blood sugar may go on the low side a tiny bit, and thus not be THE best for his performance.
In that case eating a salad beforehand will do the trick.
Masamune_two

Post by Masamune_two »

Hey again.

Thx RRM! I will be doing that from now on for my exams. It does sound a little extreme but my concentration really can suffer and that in turn, as RRM said, will affect my exam performance. In addition - by the sounds of it - my concentration possibly suffers to a higher degree than normal.

Neway Thx

:D
avalon

Post by avalon »

It might be easier to concentrate if your body isn't focusing on digestion. This will actually take away from Brain Power, won't it?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

True, but tomatoes, cucumber, avocado olive oil etc are relatively easy to digest, and keeping your blood energy levels up is even more important.